Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Just out of interest, can you quote one case (or more) where Steve Bruce has demonstrably told a lie, i.e., said something that is provably untrue with a malicious intent to deceive?

I think you are right - but even you must be bored of the same old rhetoric week in week out.

is it not getting harder by the week to defend this man - just as a matter of interest ?

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I know it is only opinions, but I think we have a bloody good squad for the CH.

I look at other teams, and I barely know any of their players.

To be fair, for me its a bloody good squad, more than enough to win promotion from the Championship. But then so was last seasons squad. Remember we crushed Wolves, an it wasn't a bad day at the office for them, they were still on form, an proved right there, we had the quality. How we didn't go on and get promoted after that was indefensible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its draws that got him the job.

Its draws that will relieve him of it.

And shit uninspiring football, unbalanced squads, no youth development,  no apparent coaching or improvement or tactical nous. But yeah, how bout dem draws.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Just out of interest, can you quote one case (or more) where Steve Bruce has demonstrably told a lie, i.e., said something that is provably untrue with a malicious intent to deceive?

A serious question, Briny. This thread has been almost totally anti-Bruce since yesterday. But, as a Bruce supporter, what are your feelings now about Bruce.

Are you still happy about his management.

I am not trying to start yet another discussion, but just interested.

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

And shit uninspiring football, unbalanced squads, no youth development,  no apparent coaching or improvement or tactical nous. But yeah, how bout dem draws.

I could write an manuscript of what i see wrong.

but give me a win and i will shut the **** up.

yes its as simple as that.

to be fair, no team is without faults.....but under performing and not winning when it should be better.....is tedious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

"We've lost once in seven games and all of a sudden there's a crisis swirling."

How many wins in those 7 games Bruce, and who did we face?

I think it's a very big crisis waiting to happen and it's not far off. When we are having injury time goals just to bring us level to me that's crisis point. It shouldn't be taking us 90+ minutes to score let alone struggle to bring us back from a potential loss. Bruce is struggling to get our players performing at 110% they are not even performing 60% i dont think, i think its Bruce and the staff around the players.

It could also be as others are saying it, where he thinks he is going so why even bother, why enforce a game plan and why try get the best out of our players while he is still our manager.

I think and I hope I am wrong but because of what personal things happened to Bruce he just stopped caring so much. I can understand if losing both his parents has rocked his world, as I've recently lost my mum to cancer on the 10th of September on the same day grealish had his birthday ( strangely my mum for my birthday in August got me my villa home shirt before she passed away with grealish's name on and they both share that day together now), but it has rocked my world losing my mum. I think Steve has tried, but alot has happened, to the point you stop caring when losing loved ones, it does affect how you work and do day to day things, if it didn't you wouldn't be human.

I'd say while bruce is in charge and till he isn't villa manager, he needs to be doing what he signed up for, no excuses, no bull crap, put personal stuff out of it, just get this team back on track and give it your all it's what he is in that position for.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

A serious question, Briny. This thread has been almost totally anti-Bruce since yesterday. But, as a Bruce supporter, what are your feelings now about Bruce.

Are you still happy about his management.

I am not trying to start yet another discussion, but just interested.

I hope you don't mind me answering that....from my point of view.

I am not anti- Bruce.....I am anti turgid football....slight difference.

He presides over it so has to take responsibility for it.....I don't think for one miniute he is happy with our results and has brought in many players to change it....I don't think many of us have the patience for further settling in periods, if in fact, that is the issue.

I must admit, I am tired of seeing the same old faults week in week out, so my stance of defending him is weakening.....with this cautious , slow build up play that smacks of predictable.

However, I am not lost on the stability, behind the scenes, he brings, but equally, I don't see him getting us out of this division.....its just not working for me.

The owners will eventually make their call.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Does anyone know if CEO is responsible for Manager appointments?

They will have an input.

I think you create your own powerbase by virtue of your influence on the football club.

i.e i think very few would have given SAF a hard time.

A CEO will see a manager as an asset or a liability to his overall responsibilty.

Revenues are usually enhanced when a football team is thriving and winning....that makes a CEO's job easier.

a losing team or a team dropping points every match, makes his job that much more difficult.

it really is self survival.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The damage is being done now. November - December is a ridiculously tough schedule for us and we need points on the board. It'll be another wasted season for us which is madness with the players we have. Even Abraham was losing his shit yesterday in the 2nd half, telling players to calm down and pass the **** ball. These players must arrive and be shocked at the level of play when they get here, it's embarrassing at times. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fifamad said:

We have Rotherham next, I think we will win narrowly, unconvincingly, but it gets Bruce by,  I think Bruce will be here all season.

I would hope that he would have been given a points total of 12 points from the 6 games between international breaks - if so 2 Of those points have already been dropped - the only question is when will purslow wield the axe not if . 

‘I think the next 2 week break in 3 weeks time will be tipping point and only a run of wins will save Bruce from here but that is just prolonging the inevitable - the end game is upon us . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I would hope that he would have been given a points total of 12 points from the 6 games between international breaks - if so 2 Of those points have already been dropped - the only question is when will purslow wield the axe not if . 

‘I think the next 2 week break in 3 weeks time will be tipping point and only a run of wins will save Bruce from here but that is just prolonging the inevitable - the end game is upon us . 

I don't think his position is in danger......i think the new owners will give him time with the new players.....its effectively bought him time.

same team as last season and he would have been in more trouble.

but they will want to see things for themselves to give them confidence of the right decision.

12 minutes ago, villanmac said:

The damage is being done now. November - December is a ridiculously tough schedule for us and we need points on the board. It'll be another wasted season for us which is madness with the players we have. Even Abraham was losing his shit yesterday in the 2nd half, telling players to calm down and pass the **** ball. These players must arrive and be shocked at the level of play when they get here, it's embarrassing at times. 

Paradoxically, we seem to play better, against better teams.

its these lesser teams with nothing but energy and get their foot in that seem to unsettle us.

its like when we play lower league teams in cup games, we allow them to get at us.

we lack conviction.

• Like 1

The issue I have with Bruce saying that these things take time is that I don't see what we are working towards.

If we could see that we at least had a style or approach that we are trying to fine tune, then I would buy into that. Fulham started late last season but you could see exactly what they were working towards.

With Bruce, I just cannot see what we are trying to implement, style-wise, and hence it is difficult to get behind him and see his long term value. 

Granted, it is difficult to develop a long term sustainable style with so many Loan players, but Bruce is not even showing the inclination, let alone the capability, to do so. He just hastily assembles quite delicate squads and then relies on individual quality of the players. We'll just get stuck in an endless cycle with this approach. 

The game has evolved so much and tactical intelligence is absolutely par for the course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â