Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

For once i don't agree with what Macca is saying. Was he watching same game?

I watched it and I thought it was a big improvement defensively, wasn't happy with the forward play myself but you have to be solid defensively first and foremost in this league before you can think about being attacking. Still not sure if we can get someone better in at this time, be very open to the idea but 2 wins for the top 13 teams tells you how competitive this league is, won't be plain sailing for anyone who comes in. 

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Only saw about 20 minutes of the game but from what I saw, it looked like the same old shit. We're just so turgid to watch, which would be ok if it got us results but it's not.

But as long as Bruce has the support of the media, I fear he won't be sacked. It was cringe-worthy listening to the commentators go on about all that "experience" Bruce has of getting teams up, conveniently ignoring the fact that he hasn't done it for quite a while now. How long is he going to dine out on stuff he did years before he even came here?

It doesn't matter anymore ,even if you don't watch the match and it doesn't matter what line up he plays.

We could all comfortably comment on the game.....because its the same old turgid shite every match.....and the same old faults just get rolled out as acceptable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

We spent 75 minutes playing negative  rubbish because it was still 0-0.

To Bruce this is is half of the job done, and then someone somehow just has to find a moment of individual excellence so we can sneak three points. If that individual moment doesn't happen, then it doesn't matter too much because at least we haven't lost (in Bruce's negative footballing world.)

That was the scenario and it was working at 75 minutes, but Blackburn ruined it by being energetic and scoring a goal.

So then Bruce is forced to bring on three players who might score.

Hourihane takes a mean set piece .... He could have been available to do that whenever the opportunity arose throughout the 90 minutes, if Bruce wasn't so besotted with Jedinak!

Bruce saw that individual moment of class by Hourihane as justification for for the way we set up today. So did a number of fawning pundits.

Changing track, did anyone else think that Bruce does not look a well man. God forbid, but he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen today.

This continuing sh*t is damaging the club, p*ssing off the fans, and taking too big a toll on Steve Bruce's health. NSWE need to end this debacle.

You are so right.....He needs to be relieved for health and safety reasons alone.

The man looks ill.

I’m still 51%/49% in favouring of keeping Bruce but he needs to tweak this constant fear tactics.....Tammy, Kodj, Jack, McGinn, Bolasie should run rampant in this league, let them free

Edited by nick76

I’ve been more or less out of the loop for 24 hours and just read that the fans were again singing, “sacked in the morning” plus “we want Bruce out”. He’s definitely lost the away fans and I’d say that it’s now a case of when he goes rather than if. 

The silence from the board leaves us searching  for answers. This is a little frustrating but in some ways reassuring that they aren’t constantly in the press doing our dirty washing in public. The way that they can prove that they’re going to be decent owners, is to get on with making the changes we need all over the club, particularly at manager. This may take time, more time than they’d like, but getting it as close to right as possible, is more important in the long term than the timing, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m still 51%/49% in favouring of keeping Bruce but he needs to tweak this constant fear tactics.....Tammy, Kodj, Jack, McGinn, Bolasie should run rampant in this league, let them free

We should have run rampant last year with the team we had then and quite easily should have finished 2nd atleast!

1 minute ago, blandy said:

A minority of fans were doing that. My sense from block S02 was that there were plenty who shared the criticisms made - we can all see the failings - but that the majority of the away fans at the game had not reached the point where you could claim “he’s lost the away fans”. It’s getting close, though. There’s a lot of lingering respect for him as a person and a lot of fans hope for that reason, perhaps that he turns it round.

please note this post is a comment on what I saw, not what I think.

Appreciate the insight.

Have to say, the biggest myth about Bruce is that he's this wonderfully 'nice' guy. He has done a lot to erode the respect he may have once had with his ridiculous excuses and divide and conquer strategy when it comes to our fan base, he's an incredibly manipulative person.

• Like 4

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce: "We will get better, but when you ask the question 'Will I ever win them over?', who knows.

"I'll let other people judge me. I've been promoted four times and nearly got there last year. 

"I took over Aston Villa were near the bottom of the Championship. 

"I really don't have to defend myself.

"I understand their frustration because it's always change. 

"We've got to stop the change of it. If the club's ever going to be successful, then we've got to stop this change of players, squads, managers, coaches because it becomes endless."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-steve-bruce-asking-after-15157846

Is he trying to convince himself or us - GET RID !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce: "We will get better, but when you ask the question 'Will I ever win them over?', who knows.

"I'll let other people judge me. I've been promoted four times and nearly got there last year. 

"We've got to stop the change of it. If the club's ever going to be successful, then we've got to stop this change of players, squads, managers, coaches because it becomes endless."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-steve-bruce-asking-after-15157846

He's in full deflect mode and it's pathetic. His record means nothing, that gets your foot in the door in the first place, we can't use it as a basis to retain him, we've had more than a season and a half and he hasn't delivered.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We have to stop the endless change? Oh the irony. 

Who exactly is to blame for filling the squad with loans players? It's his fault that he can't build a squad for the long term. 

Will this excuse still still wash next season when we lose 5/6 players? 

Â