Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When he first came in the football was fine, and then, for some strange reason we got all cautious, strangely enough when we topped the league, and it didn't get much better after that,culminating in one of the worst FA cup displays ever.

I don't want to take the thread too off topic but I am sure this could be a good conversation over a beer one time.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s all relative but when I watch early 90s football replays the standard and fitness levels seem so poor. Foreign players and coaches took the Premier league to another level.

Jordan Vertout and Remi Garde to name but two !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope

Go in the Henry thread as well and see i said we should stick with bruce 

I think someone is telling porky pies! ? ? 

Edited by jim
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Am I correct in thinking you called for the managers head on a few occasion last season ?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope

Go in the Henry thread as well and see i said we should stick with bruce 

Did we try and go for Henry as manager last season aswell? I didn't realise.   :P

4 hours ago, villianusa said:

I agree @TRO, a big number nine is needed, Kodjia can't hold the ball up the way we need him to and often goes missing. Who do you think we could get who might do it?

Chris Woods on loan.....wishful thinking....Andy Carroll if he stays fit......someone of that ilk.

Jorge should find us one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Precisely. We shouldnt set up to accomodate our opponents, we should play our own game/style no matter who we play. Its so small time to be adjust to whom we meet instead of standing by what you represent.

So why do so many managers all over Europe, spend so much time watching the opposition teams.....prior to games.

You have play your own game, but its important to consider the oppositions threats.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Remember when Jaap Stam was the flavour of the week? 

Biesla has had a good start, but well you get the point, time will tell. 

Although I have my doubts that this Leeds squad can live up to Bielsa's extremely demanding expectations there really is no comparison between Bielsa and Stam.

It's like comparing Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Luke Moore

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

So why do so many managers all over Europe, spend so much time watching the opposition teams.....prior to games.

You have play your own game, but its important to consider the oppostions threats.

Fully agree. Look at the probably the best of them all (I say proably because for all I know there could be some lad in Guinea Bissau or something that's won 30 leagues or something), Sir Alex. United had a certain way of playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. The system was largely pretty similar for all games however there were certain tweaks depending on the opposition especially for big games. Park-Ji-Sung springs to mind. It would be foolish to just disregard all opposition. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'd like for 2015/2016 to be included just to see where we would end up then.?

Sure that would be funny.

Nothing to do with Bruce’s involvement with Villa though, which was the reason for my post.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

You have play your own game, but its important to consider the oppostions threats.

Off course you have to make your team aware of the opposition threats, key players, set pieces and so on, but to change your style of play or change half a team to accomodate an opponent like Wigan just doesnt make sense and just show that his fear of loosing is bigger than his desire to win, but thats just my oppinion. 

How often do you see the likes of Juventus, Roma, Real, Barcelona, PSG and just to name a few teams from Denmark - FC Copenhagen or Brøndby change their style of play? Almost never because they know they are a force to reckoned with, they know their opponents is changing their style of play, whenever they play the big teams. I know we cant compare ourselves to the likes of Real or Barcelona or any of the other teams I have mentioned bar the 2 teams from Denmark, but comparing us to the teams in the Championship, we should be a force that other teams are "scared" of" and a comparison we can use.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, Bruce kept the same team last season after the Wolves win, we lost and got absolutely ripped to shreds for it. Now Bruce changes the team around and we win, and he gets absolutely ripped to shreds for it? 

Righto 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â