Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Keeping Grealish happy is the only thing Bruce offers right now imo.

I think keeping the dressing room happy in general, and apparently being the only experienced football person in the club right now is what Bruce offers. Happy for him to stay for both those reasons, but it's rare that a manager lasts long when new owners come in.

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Haha I'm sorry ?  I meant in the seasons after McGrath, I don't remember who used to play alongside them after (Grayson? Scimeca?)

Staunton, and eventually Barry.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrDuck said:

I think keeping the dressing room happy in general, and apparently being the only experienced football person in the club right now is what Bruce offers. Happy for him to stay for both those reasons, but it's rare that a manager lasts long when new owners come in.

Staunton, and eventually Barry.

but its rare that football clubs as big as ours find themselves in the position we do.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tuesday he has said it himself

Read it carefully - there are two sets of quotes going around  in the later reports he said  " a meeting with new owners could happen as early as Tuesday. " 

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Maybe they have no intention of meeting him as they've decided adios fistface?

(Or no need to meet carry on as is)

(Or no need to meet carry on as is.......Fistface)

Is he only Fistface if he leaves?

The thing is that he knows the English game.He knows the Championship and he knows the players and who to go after.Which other manager could do any better when you take into consideration our TINY transfer budget !?

Maybe Henry next season but certainly not this term.

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Read it carefully - there are two sets of quotes going around  in the later reports he said  " a meeting with new owners could happen as early as Tuesday. " 

It came out of his mouth in the Burton post match interview.

1 minute ago, jim said:

It came out of his mouth in the Burton post match interview.

like I said there are later quotes - when he says the meeting could happen as early as tuesday

Just now, hippo said:

like I said there are later quotes - when he says the meeting could happen as early as tuesday

I know what you are saying, but I watched the interview and he said I'm meeting with the new owners on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The thing is that he knows the English game.He knows the Championship and he knows the players and who to go after.Which other manager could do any better when you take into consideration our TINY transfer budget !?

We did all that before......now is as good a time as any to change things - as long as they’ve a plan.

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Our U23's have just beaten Derby today who had some first team players in their team evidently. Bedeau and Clark scored for us in a 2-1 win.

We have some good young players, and they need a first team manager who wont block their development with old has beens.

I wouldn't have minded him blowing so much money on Terry/Snodgrass/Whelan/Taylor to go with Hutton/Jedinak he already had if we'd got up.

But he did fail. Plus he played like guff all season long, bought in players for one season only wonder hits at the expense of young players who could have plugged small gaps in the squad.

Â