Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Sacking Bruce would cost cost a fortune, it's not just him that will need paying up it's also the assistants he's brought with him, Clemence,  calderwood, Agnew. Probably 2/3 million getting rid of those

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it not true though?

If it is, that's his job. We need more than a united dressing room. Some purposeful, attacking, football would be nice. I'm not interested in how nice a chap he is. We need a manager to get us out this league, pronto.

im hoping the new owners change the scouting / buying model, should be the same as what wolves have done, buy young prospects who can be developed get us to where we need to be and then sold at a profit

with that in mind sit bruce down and ask him to wheel off who he wants to buy and why, if the answer is a 35 year old burnley reserves player then show him the door

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope the owners don't buy his bull and get him out. All they need to do is watch the playoff final to see the filth he produces.

Now it looks like we aren't going out of business, removing Bruce is #1 priority.

Wouldn't be looking to appoint Henry myself but I'll have him over this chump.

I concur.

I don't think he is a good manager. I think he used to be an effective manager, but not anymore.

If he stays, I'll back the club, the players and him. But I will end up being frustrated with his cautious, one-dimensional play, which costs us time and time again.

• Like 3

Looks like it's a bit of third time lucky for Bruce with the 5-3-2, iirc he has tried it two times before and it failed big time. Now with a whole pre season and some youngsters and others who can be moulded in to this formation it might work.

When was the last time we played 5-3-2 prior to Bruce? I have a vague memory of Southgate, Ehiogu and someone else, with Charles and Wright on the wings... was it under John Gregory?

I'm not really a fan of it, I think it usually gets too packed in the middle, in attack the wing backs and the three midfielders often being stood in a line congesting the middle of the pitch restricting movement. I also like proper wingers or wide forwards when 3 in attack. But carried out the right way I guess it can be efficient.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im hoping the new owners change the scouting / buying model, should be the same as what wolves have done, buy young prospects who can be developed get us to where we need to be and then sold at a profit

with that in mind sit bruce down and ask him to wheel off who he wants to buy and why, if the answer is a 35 year old burnley reserves player then show him the door

So lads have you heard of Sebastian Larsson, Abel Hernandez and Dean Marney

They will take us up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No offence, but how do you know?

I don't. But looking at previous business transactions (Google research on them) they don't seem to fail at anything they do.

My OPINION on how this would come about is through careful planning and prep work.

However I could be wrong and they also could be shysters who got drunk and bought the club on ebay accidentally. I doubt it though.

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I don't. But looking at previous business transactions (Google research on them) they don't seem to fail at anything they do.

My OPINION on how this would come about is through careful planning and prep work.

However I could be wrong and they also could be shysters who got drunk and bought the club on ebay accidentally. I doubt it though.

Ignoring the obviously absurd implication in the third line, it would hardly be a world first if they had bought the club at the time they did because that was the best time for them to make the deal, and that they haven't got a CEO or manager lined up yet. 

I suppose we'll find out fairly shortly. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think McLeish did it with Ivanhoe as wingback

Might be wrong thou as I've tried to wash that season from memory

I remember him playing Hutton in right wing some match, but can't remember 3 at the back, could be that he did at times. It was difficult to tell what the formations were though. Was more like a 9-1-0 (Stephen Ireland being the 1). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

When was the last time we played 5-3-2 prior to Bruce? I have a vague memory of Southgate, Ehiogu and someone else, with Charles and Wright on the wings... was it under John Gregory?

Someone else?!

Put some respek on God's name sir!

5 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Paul McGrath and Brian Little both pretty forgettable I guess.

• Haha 2

The only scenario for me wanting Bruce to stay would be if it meant Grealish staying. If Grealish leaves anyway (he might according to John Percy) then I see absolutely no reason for Bruce to stay. Keeping Grealish happy is the only thing Bruce offers right now imo.

Â