Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I know TRO - like you I lived it all - for me those days in the lower Witton ( still don't know why I had a ticket there - there was a crew of around 50 who were a pain in the bum) were magical days - I'll never forget Big Ron on the pitch telling the fans he was trying to bring in Dean Saunders - can you imagine Deadly's face 

I loved Dean Saunders Dave.....Quality, never stopped buzzing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

I'll never forget Big Ron on the pitch telling the fans he was trying to bring in Dean Saunders - can you imagine Deadly's face 

I remember this fondly and it was class looking back.

Like you say, Big Ron on the pitch with a microphone telling the whole stadium to keep calm as he was working on bringing in a striker!..  who turned out to be Dean Saunders eventually (still my all time favourite Villa striker).

Deadly's face would have been a picture when Big Ron did that! :D

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seen a few rumours of Thierry Henry - interesting if true .

AV AV VOOM 

Thierry Henry emerges as shock contender to become Aston Villa manager

Villa chief Tony Xia sold 55 per cent of the club to new investors, who could look to replace Steve Bruce.

THIERRY HENRY is a shock contender for the Aston Villa job if Steve Bruce gets the axe.

The Arsenal legend quit his £4million-a-year role at Sky Sports earlier this week with the intention of entering management following his success as Belgium assistant boss at the World Cup.

It comes after the Championship club were last night saved from administration by an Egyptian consortium, headed up by billionaire Nassef Sawiris, who bought a majority share.

Bruce is preparing another push for the Premwith Villa after losing to Fulham in the play-off final last season, and would only have a a shoestring budget.

But he could be replaced before the start of the season if the new owners feel a fresh face is needed at the club.

Sawiris and American financier Wes Edens have answered Dr Tony Xia’s desperate SOS to rescue crisis-club Villa.

Xia yesterday accepted a cut-price deal — worth less than £30million — to hand over a controlling stake in the club he paid £76m to buy from Randy Lerner in June 2016.

NSWE, a company formed by Sawiris and Edens, purchased 55 per cent of Xia’s shares, with a complete buy-out likely once the new investors satisfy the EFL’s Owners and Directors’ test.

Until then, Xia remains as a co-chairman with a 45 per cent stake in the club.

He tweeted: “Hope new partnership with Nassef and Wes we can continue our efforts to bring Villa to where it belongs

“Have to say we were even worse than Sunderland when we walked in.

“I don’t regret for what I have been trying, though I know we could do much better in many ways.”

Sawiris, 57, is the richest Egyptian in the world with a net wealth in excess of £5billion.

Edens, 56, is a private equity investor and co-owner of Milwaukee Bucks NBA team.

They commented: “We believe our business and sports experience will help strengthen the club.

“Our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the new season and beyond.”

Interesting...

If he is hired as a head coach just focusing on the footballing side I think it could go well, he spent a long time under Wenger you’re going to pick up a thing or two.

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If he is hired as a head coach just focusing on the footballing side I think it could go well, he spent a long time under Wenger you’re going to pick up a thing or two.

Like how Tony Adams picked up a few things along the way

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

He also just spent the last 2 years beong assistant to world famous football guru Roberto Martinez 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Appointing Henry would be a **** up of RDM proportions - and IMO would hint that XIA is still calling the shots.

See my post below from other thread. You not feeling it??

Even though I think this is lazy Journalism and doubt it’s happening for a second.  I’d welcome Henry for a few years. 

1) a player with as much football intelligence as Henry must know a thing or two about how to play the game 

2) His contacts and pulling power would be unbelievable. Who the hell wouldn’t want to play for Henry?

3) He is a worldwide superstar in his own right. Would give us massive exposure worldwide. 

4) you’d expect him to surround himself with top coaches. 

5) He is a born winner. 

6) it’s THIERRY HENRY! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

See my post below from other thread. You not feeling it??

Even though I think this is lazy Journalism and doubt it’s happening for a second.  I’d welcome Henry for a few years. 

1) a player with as much football intelligence as Henry must know a thing or two about how to play the game 

2) His contacts and pulling power would be unbelievable. Who the hell wouldn’t want to play for Henry?

3) He is a worldwide superstar in his own right. Would give us massive exposure worldwide. 

4) you’d expect him to surround himself with top coaches. 

5) He is a born winner. 

6) it’s THIERRY HENRY! 

With Wenger as a director of football/mentor in some capacity and we could have a good thing on our hands.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I loved Dean Saunders Dave.....Quality, never stopped buzzing.

I love to listen to him on talksport too “get the ball between the centrehalf bang goal fooball is a simple game” ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

With Wenger as a director of football/mentor in some capacity and we could have a good thing on our hands.

Good to see we're keeping expectations in check :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He also just spent the last 2 years beong assistant to world famous football guru Roberto Martinez 

I can’t tell if this is a joke or serious ha.

Martinez is for some reason highly respected and people love his style of football. 

9 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Not just me then. And people wonder why other fans take the piss out of us ?

People probably said the same thing to Leicester fans when they were linked with SGE.   

Whilst I think Wenger is a step too far I can’t see how Henry who has never even managed before is unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People probably said the same thing to Leicester fans when they were linked with SGE.   

Whilst I think Wenger is a step too far I can’t see how Henry who has never even managed before is unrealistic. 

I was referring to AW, not Henry.

Â