Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hopefully some upcoming coach with potential to build something. 

I fear we haven't got the brave decision makers it would take for that to happen though.

Exactly who do we have at the club to make a decision like that. Xia isn't here and it would be placed in Ho's hands.

Or we wait for a CEO spend weeks finding a manager and it's the start of the season.

We have no structure in place where we can sign players and bring in a coach. Our chief UK scout has left and our chief European scout was brought in by Bruce I believe.

We have no money to poach anyone so it's out of contract managers on low wages.

Absolute disaster scenario. As much as I'm fed up with Bruce I can't see a positive outcome right now of him leaving.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2018 at 13:09, striker said:

Bruce hasn’t met the remit so he has failed.

As I’ve posted elsewhere he couldn’t overcome a very one dimensional Cardiff side who had an inferior squad but managed by someone that made them into a very hard working team in each game they played.

Bruce signed a bunch of mercenaries who played when they felt like it and when they didn’t, they didn’t turn up. When you couple that with inept safety first tactics (I use that word very loosely) at times then no wonder Villa’s season was full of inconsistencies.

If Villa’s current financial situation is true (and it may not be due to the general silence from the club) then Steve Bruce is not equipped to despense with the way his teams have previously been built and played over a period of many years to now built a new youthful exciting team playing pass and move football.

It will be more of the same next season albeit with much cheaper mercenaries again taking the places of those very good youthful players coming through and that would be a travesty because the chance is there with those younger players to build something new for the future now.

reasonable view.....so who would your choice be to fit that remit.

21 hours ago, Dave J said:

I don't think many of us were complaining from what I recall ? I think a lot of us thought we'd got ourselves a prolific striker - and who knows he still might just turn out to be just this?

more chance of SB turning in to Pepe Mk2

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

No idea mate especially since the revelations concerning finances where even paying compensation to get someone else's manager may not be possible anymore?

Due to those rumoured finances I've back tracked in the new manager thread and mentioned Moyes if Bruce leaves or is sacked.

I've explained why in the other thread so no need to repeat it here.

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

No idea mate especially since the revelations concerning finances where even paying compensation to get some else's manager may not be possible anymore?

Its that bit that worries me too.

It seems its all a bloody worry, no matter what happens.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

In an ideal world Eddie Howe - in our predicament: have the Crowley bro's now accrued enough experience to have a stab at the big time ? Has Tony Mowbray repaid his dues? And I'm sure Mick McCarthy would walk on hot coals to villa park but I think Bruce's profile would negate any chance of this happening despite probably having the skill set that maybe required e.g working on a shoestring budget for some time 

10 minutes ago, Dave J said:

In an ideal world Eddie Howe - in our predicament: have the Crowley bro's now accrued enough experience to have a stab at the big time ? Has Tony Mowbray repaid his dues? And I'm sure Mick McCarthy would walk on hot coals to villa park but I think Bruce's profile would negate any chance of this happening despite probably having the skill set that maybe required e.g working on a shoestring budget for some time 

I don't know what to think Dave, to be honest

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

If I'm not mistaken, Wenger did say he was looking for challenge...

Exactly. Did nobody pay attention during the O'Leary years where he would drill into us fans week after week that "This is a big club".

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

If Bruce goes and we're in process of changing hands, it could be someone like Agnew. He'd be ag-new manager. (Get it?)

I think we played some of our best football last season when Bruce was away (because of the sad personal circumstances) and Agnew was in charge. I would be ok with him getting the job. Would give us both continuity, some fresh ideas and probably a cheap alternative, as long as we don't have to pay of Bruce. 

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we played some of our best football last season when Bruce was away (because of the sad personal circumstances) and Agnew was in charge. I would be ok with him getting the job. Would give us both continuity, some fresh ideas and probably a cheap alternative, as long as we don't have to pay of Bruce. 

I'm pretty sure Calderwood was the one "in charge", in Bruce's absence.

19 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'm pretty sure Calderwood was the one "in charge", in Bruce's absence.

Ah thanks, then I was mistaken. I actually don't know much about Calderwood or how he is a a coach, but I associate him with dull defensive football and wouldn't want him in charge just based on my prejudice.  

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly. Did nobody pay attention during the O'Leary years where he would drill into us fans week after week that "This is a big club".

" and they are  an honest bunch of lads "

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Some reports this morning bruce is ready to quit. Cant blame him its a complete shambles.

Can't see who the hell is going to want to come in these conditions.

Oh please be true!!

This will be the best news of 2018!

• Like 1

Â