Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Fair point, but at the time of spending £12m on McCormack, he seemed an absolute bargain. 

No he didn't, he seemed very over priced given he was 29 at the time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I meant Kodjia seemed a bargain at £15m compared the £12m we spent on McCormack. I maybe should have worded it better

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Some rumours that if Leeds don't get Bielsa, we'll end up with your fat dinnerlady in our dugout.  Wouldn't be popular - a dinosaur of a coach who seems to need lots of money to deliver and walks away too easily from failure.  

Manchester United legend as well, im sure fans will appreciate that

5 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Some rumours that if Leeds don't get Bielsa, we'll end up with your fat dinnerlady in our dugout.  Wouldn't be popular - a dinosaur of a coach who seems to need lots of money to deliver and walks away too easily from failure.  

Fingers crossed Bielsa tells your lot to piss off then so you can take Brighthouse Brucie from us.  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Don't worry mate.  We're a cursed club, if he moves to you he'll no doubt turn into Pep mkII and win you the league.

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't think many of us were complaining from what I recall ? I think a lot of us thought we'd got ourselves a prolific striker - and who knows he still might just turn out to be just this?

On 10/06/2018 at 13:09, striker said:

Bruce hasn’t met the remit so he has failed.

As I’ve posted elsewhere he couldn’t overcome a very one dimensional Cardiff side who had an inferior squad but managed by someone that made them into a very hard working team in each game they played.

Bruce signed a bunch of mercenaries who played when they felt like it and when they didn’t, they didn’t turn up. When you couple that with inept safety first tactics (I use that word very loosely) at times then no wonder Villa’s season was full of inconsistencies.

If Villa’s current financial situation is true (and it may not be due to the general silence from the club) then Steve Bruce is not equipped to despense with the way his teams have previously been built and played over a period of many years to now built a new youthful exciting team playing pass and move football.

It will be more of the same next season albeit with much cheaper mercenaries again taking the places of those very good youthful players coming through and that would be a travesty because the chance is there with those younger players to build something new for the future now.

The proverbial nail. 

56 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Huge surge in bets backing Steve Bruce to take over at Leeds United

Bruce has attracted the highest amount of bets among the candidates, accounting for 32% of all bets on the vacant position.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huge-surge-bets-backing-steve-14771255

Haven't Leeds suffered enough in recent years?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Bruce is a likeable guy but ultimately someone such as Xia or whoever actually was trying to run the club should have said to told him to play the players he has and stop with the loans and high wages.

Bruce acts like he was acting under touch financial constraints, but really he is just as culpable at overspending as Di Matteo.

Adding a shad load of highly paid loan players didn't help matters, whilst ignoring existing players already on high wages.

"I've not had millions to spend", stop with the "Mass hysteria" like "vultures circling"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I don't want him to leave as I would dread who would come in to replace him right now.

Hopefully some upcoming coach with potential to build something. 

I fear we haven't got the brave decision makers it would take for that to happen though.

Â