Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Dave J said:

Even against Fulham ? I personally don't think we can beat them  either via two legs or the one off final.

I don't think we can play them in the semi as neither of us can finish lower than 4th.  

In a one off game and we click? Yes I think we can. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think we can play them in the semi as neither of us can finish lower than 4th.  

So many variables, Mitrovic hasn't had a meltdown yet as it's all been plain sailing, fingers crossed someone/something gets to him in the next few games, they could lose Sessegnon, if they lost either or (please McGrath), both, they'd be a different proposition I reckon.

That's not exclusive to them of course, could easily happen to us (Grabban/Grealish) or anyone else in the mix but surely we've had our fill of injuries to key players?! It's someone else's turn now! :)

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Committed suicide against them in the 2-0, we were competitive but somewhat over generous in giving them a 2 goal lead for nothing. We've beat, Wolves and Cardiff, don't see why we couldn't do them in a one off. We are Aston Villa though so you know, expect your hopes to be dashed in the first leg of the semi after a spectucalr half time team talk see sus come out for the second half a goal up and shit ur pants, defend the 18 yard line and get stuffed 4-1.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you use different devices etc. Tablet, Mobile, and Laptop, each will be left with the last comment you made from the device.

So for instance if the last time you commented/quoted on a particular device will be left on it even if you are now quoting on another device.

Nightmare. Makes sense though (I use 2x phones, 1x tablet, 1x laptop). Thanks mate.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2018 at 03:11, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you use different devices etc. Tablet, Mobile, and Laptop, each will be left with the last comment you made from the device.

So for instance if the last time you commented/quoted on a particular device will be left on it even if you are now quoting on another device.

5qghkYY.gif

Cheers mate, you just explained some weirdness I have had in the past, I always wondered why!

• Haha 1

I UNDERSTAND!

There are two Steve Bruce's. One who hates the fanbase and blames them for his own errors, and the one who appreciates the fanbase for being there - even though we have had a rough ride.

Today was the one who likes us.

Edited by Dick

17 minutes ago, Dick said:

I UNDERSTAND!

There are two Steve Bruce's. One who hates the fanbase and blames them for his own errors, and the one who appreciates the fanbase for being there - even though we have had a rough ride.

Today was the one who likes us.

Well said Bruce - what’s gone is gone - let’s Unite behind manager and players for the play offs and leave the post  mortems until  the summer 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

It won't be gone though, if he gets the sack the fans will get the blame.

There’s not much sign of fans being unhappy with him at VP, and none at all at Away games.

And rightly so in my view.

If he goes it won’t be because some VT ers and people on Twitter want him gone it’ll be because Tony decides he wants a change....the fans won’t get the blame.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, terrytini said:

There’s not much sign of fans being unhappy with him at VP, and none at all at Away games.

If he goes it won’t be because some VT ers and people on Twitter want him gone it’ll be because Tony decides he wants a change....the fans won’t get the blame.

same and even during our abysmal runs this season where the majority of VT was against him i didnt hear much of the same from the stands and certainly no villa fans i know shared the opinion...definitely the words 'vocal' and 'minority' spring to mind

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

same and even during our abysmal runs this season where the majority of VT was against him i didnt hear much of the same from the stands and certainly no villa fans i know shared the opinion...definitely the words 'vocal' and 'minority' spring to mind

And yet Bruce felt the need to have a dig at the fans. I don't think he helped himself if it was just a tiny online minority.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2018 at 17:28, TRO said:

I think that is a fair critique.....not sure all that is down to him, but thats subjective.

more interesting for me is ....who would you realistically like to replace him with and why?

Always the same question ? Preferably the manager who will take us back up, whilst playing positive attacking football. Whoever that may be, then that's the man for me.

Maybe Bruce will take us up, but I'm not filled with confidence unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

I was certainly part of that minority and within the 9 or 10 guys in and around me who chat there was only one other “anti”......neither of us are anywhere near “ anti” now and the others remain “pro”

......I don’t like to generalise but I just don’t see or hear much negative about keeping him at all...

...personally I think he’s done a good job, in my view we play some decent stuff, I don’t think he’s negative these days, I’ve enjoyed seeing us Win a lot, score a lot ( I think he’s done a great job lifting our goals tally up towards the mid 70’s, especially  having had no Kodja...I love the team spirit and the work ethic. 

Id give him a ‘B’ ( which some will find ridiculous I’m sure :) ) rising to A- if we go up....and either way I’d be disappointed if they sack him.

Agree with most of that but as to whether he’s still negative I will reserve judgement until after the play offs - I hope he gives players the confidence to play their game at boro and not be over cautious 

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And yet Bruce felt the need to have a dig at the fans. I don't think he helped himself if it was just a tiny online minority.

In which case, it wasn’t aimed at everyone. 

God, we’re a sensitive bunch. 

11 hours ago, terrytini said:

Very true. I have to say that what I read on VT (and FB etc) is pretty unrepresentative of what I hear from other Villa fans in person. I find the fact that there is a 'next manager speculation' thread on here completely baffling. I remember reading the vitriol being poured over him after the Brentford game at Christmas on here in particular. When I look at what has happened to Sunderland this season it makes me appreciate Bruce's stabilising effects even more. We were arguably more messed up than Sunderland when we were relegated, and the fact we haven't completely fallen apart like them is partly the responsibility of Bruce. 

Looking at our many of our key players this season (Johnstone, Terry, Snodgrass) they are only here because of Bruce's ability to use his network and work the loan system. I don't think he gets enough praise for how he has worked the free agent / loan market this season to our advantage. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

I was certainly part of that minority and within the 9 or 10 guys in and around me who chat there was only one other “anti”......neither of us are anywhere near “ anti” now and the others remain “pro”

......I don’t like to generalise but I just don’t see or hear much negative about keeping him at all...

...personally I think he’s done a good job, in my view we play some decent stuff, I don’t think he’s negative these days, I’ve enjoyed seeing us Win a lot, score a lot ( I think he’s done a great job lifting our goals tally up towards the mid 70’s, especially  having had no Kodja...I love the team spirit and the work ethic. 

Id give him a ‘B’ ( which some will find ridiculous I’m sure :) ) rising to A- if we go up....and either way I’d be disappointed if they sack him.

For me I'm afraid he will have to go if promotion is not achieved - sure he has taken the club forward but the amount of goals scored, work ethic and so forth we're not his remit - promotion was/is imo and therefore he would be some way off mission accomplished, also what would be a concern for me would be that he would have failed twice with the resource available to him, if he can't get this squad promoted - can we realistically expect him to do so next season with a weakened  squad ?  Which begs the question would we need a manager who is happy to work with younger less experienced performers?

I liked how we played yesterday. Aggressive and on the front foot. First to second balls. Moved the ball quickly, always looked like scoring etc. Now I appreciate for whatever reason, injuries, form, opponents, we can play like that every week. I wouldn't expect us to. 

The problem for me is we do not play like that anywhere near enough. That is the reason I'd want a change of manager if we don't go up. 

• Like 2

Â