');
Demitri_C

Steve Bruce

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I was quick to criticise, so I am happy to praise him, now that he has earned it. There’s a long way to go, but he has now certainly got us on the right track. What I think he particularly needs praise for is the way he has brought on Jack Grealish. His improvement in many aspects of the game has been remarkable. I used to moan that he never came off the pitch having given his all, that is no longer the case. He tackles back, puts a huge amount of effort in and contributes all over the pitch.

I think perhaps SB has become a bit of a father figure to him, not taking away how important his own Dad is to him. Whatever he’s done, he has certainly got the best out of him.  

As you know Dave, i have always supported him, bar the odd wobble, which was detriment to me not him.

I think the secret is the development, the introduction of characters like JT & RS...the coming of Steve Agnew.....Jack coming of Age.....Hogy getting back his mojo....the list goes on.

I believe he has planted all the seeds and just watched them grow, cultured and nursed them....subtle stuff, but significant.

when you have a thoroughly decent Bloke like Steve.....it all manifests itself and the spirit within the camp has changed immeasurably for the good.

sometimes you don't need to be the brain of Brittain.....just allow all the little things develop and nurture them.

A good bloke can do that......sometimes the little things are the biggest.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TRO said:

Takes a big man to admit that....but hey, I've been banging the drum for him, but had a wobble in december.

So, we all have our moments.

We just need to get behind him now.

We can finally put the trokey cokey to bed ;)

in fairness you have been one of his staunchest backers and I’m sure even the most anti Bruce are now delighted with the situation at Villa - he  is now putting on the table the results and performances we need and full credit to him and his staff .

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We can finally put the trokey cokey to bed ;)

in fairness you have been one of his staunchest backers and I’m sure even the most anti Bruce are now delighted with the situation at Villa - he  is now putting on the table the results and performances we need and full credit to him and his staff .

True and I'm embarrassed to say I let poor results rule my head.....because my heart said support him.

 

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I came round to Bruce Out, and if I resisted it was not about Bruce but about stability, I was desperate for stability. I imagine Tony was close to sacking him, I even remember Bruce thinking he was going to be sacked, so what we have now is fortuitous in some ways, but we deserve some luck after all we've been through. We are not there yet, but we do not look anything other than promotion favourites and with Steve's record we must be odds on right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the reaction of the nose fans to Bruce today? Elsewhere, I joked that they would probably claim that his tears after the first goal indicated his love for them. I kind of assumed they would have some affection for him, at least. But the KRO forum actually has a "Hate Steve Bruce" thread - simply because he's come to us. How small-minded can they be? I don't recall us suddenly hating Ron Sunders because he went on to manage them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What was the reaction of the nose fans to Bruce today? Elsewhere, I joked that they would probably claim that his tears after the first goal indicated his love for them. I kind of assumed they would have some affection for him, at least. But the KRO forum actually has a "Hate Steve Bruce" thread - simply because he's come to us. How small-minded can they be? I don't recall us suddenly hating Ron Sunders because he went on to manage them. 

I didn’t see any reaction to be honest, I think the knowledgable (I know) amongst them recognise what he did for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard not to get misty-eyed watching that goal celebration video. He's really delivered this season and I will gladly continue eating that humble pie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most noses that I have spoken to still hold him in very high regard. Obviously they can't be seen to be openly liking the Villa manager, but there is little to no animosity. 

He's a legend there. Just not while he's here. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the game on Sky after getting back. Not gonna lie did well up a bit watching him celebrate. Lost my father unexpectedly 2 years ago and no way I would be able to go back to work like he did. Shows you the measure of the man.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one should apologise for having been critical  and having doubts about him, just as equally as he is now deserving of a huge amount of praise and inspiring belief in this run. Long may it continue. It seems as though everything is coming together at the right time and we've truly turned a corner. We look every bit a team that is heading towards automatic promotion now and this is the most I've enjoyed supporting Villa and most positive I've felt about the team for many years. Not only  does he suddenly look the man to take us up, I'd even be fully backing him to manage us in the Premier League now - such is the remarkable upturn in not only results but importantly in performances too.

Well done Steve, the team and the board/Tony for sticking with him through the bad patch(es). Thanks for making me eat my words and thanks for a derby win at the end of what must've been an awful week for him personally - that was his best game as Villa manager by my reckoning. Now let's get the job done!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No one should apologise for having been critical  and having doubts about him, just as equally as he is now deserving of a huge amount of praise and inspiring belief in this run. Long may it continue. It seems as though everything is coming together at the right time and we've truly turned a corner. We look every bit a team that is heading towards automatic promotion now and this is the most I've enjoyed supporting Villa and most positive I've felt about the team for many years. Not only  does he suddenly look the man to take us up, I'd even be fully backing him to manage us in the Premier League now - such is the remarkable upturn in not only results but importantly in performances too.

Well done Steve, the team and the board/Tony for sticking with him through the bad patch(es). Thanks for making me eat my words and thanks for a derby win at the end of what must've been an awful week for him personally - that was his best game as Villa manager by my reckoning. Now let's get the job done!

Spot on mate.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What was the reaction of the nose fans to Bruce today? Elsewhere, I joked that they would probably claim that his tears after the first goal indicated his love for them. I kind of assumed they would have some affection for him, at least. But the KRO forum actually has a "Hate Steve Bruce" thread - simply because he's come to us. How small-minded can they be? I don't recall us suddenly hating Ron Sunders because he went on to manage them. 

No there was no animosity to Ron. We used to sing, to the tune of the British Airways advert at the time,  (We’ll take good care of you), “You must be f@cking mad, Saunders, Saunders”. I even think he appreciated it :D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

No one should apologise for having been critical  and having doubts about him, just as equally as he is now deserving of a huge amount of praise and inspiring belief in this run. Long may it continue. It seems as though everything is coming together at the right time and we've truly turned a corner. We look every bit a team that is heading towards automatic promotion now and this is the most I've enjoyed supporting Villa and most positive I've felt about the team for many years. Not only  does he suddenly look the man to take us up, I'd even be fully backing him to manage us in the Premier League now - such is the remarkable upturn in not only results but importantly in performances too.

Well done Steve, the team and the board/Tony for sticking with him through the bad patch(es). Thanks for making me eat my words and thanks for a derby win at the end of what must've been an awful week for him personally - that was his best game as Villa manager by my reckoning. Now let's get the job done!

I don't think anyone doubted the poor football we were dishing up at the time of the moans about him , but those that were defending him, was not arguing with those that were moaning about the football, because we could see what they could see.

We was arguing back and defending him ,because these things take time......and coupled with the magnitude of the rebuild( meaning confidence etc) it was likely to take a bit longer......That was our Beef.

Anyway.....Who Cares.....what a United Villa Park yesterday.

It looks like we have turned a corner.....I still think there is much work to do to improve us i.e signing loan players, getting stronger players in, Jack to score goals, getting Kodjia back firing, developing the kids, trying to get John Terry to stay ( as CEO, just kidding) getting rid of the shackles of FFP....but we are on the right road with (IMO) Coaching staff who know what they are doing.

and with Steve Bruce showing his Humility, determination and human side, what a future we have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't and won't be a hypocrite that would be wrong of me - all I can say is well done to SB and his team.

i am not a fan and probably won't become one - so all I can do is sit back and enjoy and offer full credit where it is due in this moment 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TRO said:

A good bloke can do that......sometimes the little things are the biggest.

That's what I tell my wife anyway :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Most noses that I have spoken to still hold him in very high regard. Obviously they can't be seen to be openly liking the Villa manager, but there is little to no animosity. 

He's a legend there. Just not while he's here. 

Greatest manager in club history? Him or McLeish ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I can't and won't be a hypocrite that would be wrong of me - all I can say is well done to SB and his team.

i am not a fan and probably won't become one - so all I can do is sit back and enjoy and offer full credit where it is due in this moment 

Dave.....when i was younger, i had a jaundiced view of Des Bremner, saying if we only had better quality there, how much better we would be......as the years went by, i realised what a donut I was.....basically not reading the game properly and fully understanding his role

I recently shared this with Des and apologised for being such a plonker.....we had a good laugh, shook hands.....and he told me to leave Glenn Whelan  alone.

just kidding with the last bit.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites