Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Many times throughout his time at Villa I've wanted Bruce gone, didn't think he was the man to do the job I'll admit but since the new year its just been bang on. First time in my life I've ever seen Villa win 7 on the bounce, there's just a fantastic feeling around the club right now. Even today looking at the team and seeing Jedinak come in, I was thinking why on earth has he done that but it turned out to be a very smart move because Jedinak handled Gallagher in the air superbly, something Bjarnason would have struggled with. 

Just really pleased for Bruce as well given the tough week he's had.

Brilliant win, brilliant day, up the villa. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just seen the video of him after the Adomah goal and clearly the emotion coming out of what is a really tough time for him and his family. 

You can only have huge respect for him. The guy is a leader and has never buckled in his time here has he. Consistently said it will take time. That we need to be patient and that we can't keep jumping into crisis after a few poor results.

I am in the group that stupidly lost belief in him after the Brentford game and if the owner had thrown his toys out the pram as I did we'd almost certainly not have won anything like 7 on the bounce and be sitting second.

For doubting him I owe him an apology and for giving me a team to again be immensely proud of and who have pride in the shirt we all adore then I thank him.

There could well be a couple of downs to come yet this season but I am totally convinced that ultimately we will have more than enough ups to see us back in the top flight come May 6th.

Eeehhhh, think I am slowly falling for him.

There is a very romantic quality and almost a sense of destiny to it all again.

I am currently, Romantically Nourished.

Give it a couple losses and drop in position till I hate everyone again.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think the team has just found a natural balance, Hogan's form, Grealish's return and incredible weekly MOM showings. Terry coming back, Agniew joining, Thor getting another chance and Snodgrass continuing to look like the best loan signing we have ever made. Even just having a goal keeper that is a clean sheet machine, I honestly can't remember when we had so many positives.

Bruce was very much not my cup of tea as a manager, for reasons well covered, but he has answered his critics and we seem to get better and better every week. Confidence is a huge thing, but now our energy and movement is miles away from what we were even a year ago.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just seen the video of him after the Adomah goal and clearly the emotion coming out of what is a really tough time for him and his family. 

You can only have huge respect for him. The guy is a leader and has never buckled in his time here has he. Consistently said it will take time. That we need to be patient and that we can't keep jumping into crisis after a few poor results.

I am in the group that stupidly lost belief in him after the Brentford game and if the owner had thrown his toys out the pram as I did we'd almost certainly not have won anything like 7 on the bounce and be sitting second.

For doubting him I owe him an apology and for giving me a team to again be immensely proud of and who have pride in the shirt we all adore then I thank him.

There could well be a couple of downs to come yet this season but I am totally convinced that ultimately we will have more than enough ups to see us back in the top flight come May 6th.

You don't owe him an apology for doubting him, you were well within your right to doubt him. That it has turned around to this extent is huge kudos to the manager, but December was still awful. 

Im chuffed to bits for him that it's currently working out, it seems like he really loves it here, long may it continue. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Ashamed?! He was awful in December, he said so himself! It's great it's working now but to suggest doubters of his should be ashamed is ridiculous. 

It was a bit of a joke. Seeing as i am someone who wanted him sacked. 

• Like 2

I was quick to criticise, so I am happy to praise him, now that he has earned it. There’s a long way to go, but he has now certainly got us on the right track. What I think he particularly needs praise for is the way he has brought on Jack Grealish. His improvement in many aspects of the game has been remarkable. I used to moan that he never came off the pitch having given his all, that is no longer the case. He tackles back, puts a huge amount of effort in and contributes all over the pitch.

I think perhaps SB has become a bit of a father figure to him, not taking away how important his own Dad is to him. Whatever he’s done, he has certainly got the best out of him.  

• Like 1

In light of recent events, I really am developing a considerable amount of fondness for the man and I can’t do anything but fully trust him to take us up. Looks like I was wrong about him, and that calling for his head all those times was premature. The club is all yours now, Steve. I trust you to take good care of it. 

Its always a pleasure to beat them, and, I must say, in some style too. Grealish is looking like a potential Galatico. Its important we don't count our chickens, and  not lose sight of the fact that we've still some work to do. I'm quietly confident that we'll be where we should be, come the end of the season. As for today, great performance, great goals, and a nice pick me up for a well deserved manager.

• Like 2

I'm loving the fact that people are admitting they were wrong about Bruce, and I don't mean that in a snidey way. It's just great that we can all get behind him now, and try and get the job done. He's had a few tough periods at villa, but he always came through it. I myself at times questioned his position, but I knew deep down he was the best choice. The man now deserves respect from the fans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

In light of recent events, I really am developing a considerable amount of fondness for the man and I can’t do anything but fully trust him to take us up. Looks like I was wrong about him, and that calling for his head all those times was premature. The club is all yours now, Steve. I trust you to take good care of it. 

Takes a big man to admit that....but hey, I've been banging the drum for him, but had a wobble in december.

So, we all have our moments.

We just need to get behind him now.

Â