Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, you're not wrong.

I still wonder if something will happen, or be exposed as being shifty, and they'll come unstuck.  Not this season, but if they look like becoming a threat when they're in the PL you can guarantee the big boys will have lawyers crawling all over it.

Wolves have 20 loan players in their squad. They will be in a far weaker position than us in the summer should we both go up.

As for Bruce, a genuinely nice bloke who finally has the team around him he wanted now Agnew is here, and it shows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Wolves have 20 loan players in their squad. They will be in a far weaker position than us in the summer should we both go up.

They have 21 players out on loan and 6 players loaned in.

One of those (Jota) they have a deal to buy already done.

Think both clubs will have a busy summer.

We have a massive rebuild coming up.

• Like 1

Massive credit to Bruce today.  One or two questioned the wisdom of changing a winning team and bringing back Jedi, but Jedi was absolutely immense today, and fully justified the big management decision. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

They have 21 players out on loan and 6 players loaned in.

One of those (Jota) they have a deal to buy already done.

Think both clubs will have a busy summer.

We have a massive rebuild coming up.

I don't think it would be as big as people are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if Hutton for example was offered a one year deal. Team spirit is clearly huge. Buy snodgrass and johnstone, a left back a centre back, and a forward and midfielder. So maybe 4 new players into the side, no more than that.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I don't think it would be as big as people are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if Hutton for example was offered a one year deal. Team spirit is clearly huge. Buy snodgrass and johnstone, a left back a centre back, and a forward and midfielder. So maybe 4 new players into the side, no more than that.

Not sure about that at all tbh however let's get promoted first!

Great performance today, Birmingham have been in good form, have some dangerous players going forward and always elevate themselves for this game, we did a real professional job on them. Most of all I'm delighted for Bruce who has had a horrific week, you could see what the first goal meant to him.

• Like 2

Another brilliant result and 7 wins on the bounce.

Top class Steve for not only giving us one of our best winning runs in the last 25 years but for the integrity in being present on the touchline today in a massive massive game and turning us round in the magntude he has. Wonderful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Think everyone who wanted him gone should be ashamed. Clueless fools.

Never been so happy to be so wrong. 

I wouldn't go as far as suggesting 'clueless fools should be ashamed'.

Fans are all entitled to opinions when results take a turn against what is expected, equally hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nice to see all the moral highgrounders coming out now though.

None the less I don't think now is the time to go over old stampeded ground at such a time of euphoric feeling that the club is currently in. That is all credit to Steve Bruce for delivering what the clueless fools wanted to see all along.

Happy days all round. :)

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I think we have a very competent Championship side, but I have doubts about how many of them could perform at PL level. Could be quite a few "Dwight Gayle-level" types.

Counting the loan players we 10 players who's out of contract here. Who knows if Terry will play another year? He was really poor last season for Chelsea on the few occasions he played, well off the pace. Has been very good for us at this level.

Samba and Elphick will be gone meaning we might need 3 new CB's, at least 1 maybe 2 LB's. Same with RB where we need 1 or 2 (don't think the ones we have can cut it in the PL)

Johnstone has been good this season, but good enough for the PL?, Will we buy him?

DCM? Jedi and Whelan lacks mobility and are getting on a bit. Thor might not quite be up to the task against PL opposition.

Onomah (and Lansbury?)gone, Hourihane can be a good squad option but we need more quaity.

On the flanks Adomah is great but a bit inconsistent in this league, but at PL level? Can we sign Snoddy, and is he good enough in the PL? Hopefully.

Grealish looks to have found another level which is great.

Hogan and Kodija in the PL? IMO we need and upgrade.

The level of strikers in the Championship is wank. I fear this defense and DCM would struggle in the PL., and our midfield and strikers will not get the time and freedom they get in this league.

Then again this is as of yet all academic as there is a long way to go.

But darn it's nice to even be speculating about it. Means we are doing really well.

Edited by sne

Â