Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They haven't won in their last 4 games (league and cup) scoring just one goal in the 2-1 defeat at Swansea.

Normally I wouldn't bother factoring cup games in but they (rightly) put out a strong(ish) side in both games against Swansea, and ran them close!

That’s all true but NV stated Championship games, not cup. And that would mean including 2 games against Premier League opposition !!

And of course if you include the Cup we’ve not won 4 in a row !!

Now, I’ve no problem if people want to use that information to make a case, but there are different ways of viewing it and it’s definitely NOT the same as the OP !

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I said to fan close to me on Saturday ( after Scotts 2nd Goal) pinch me .....such was the scintillating football. Ironically after 3-1 I was saying under my breath. close it down, close the ******* thing down, I looked over at the bench and Bruce was waving them forward.......I thought how ironic is that.

I'm not interested in point scoring, we all make our points.....and even now I can only speculate as to whats gone right, but that all it is.

We just need to keep our nerve ( especially if we lose) and keep going game by game and hope we carry on winning.

Its all about consistency and the team in the top 6 now that ecks that out will be the ones going up.

I’m not sure about point scoring ......he is finally doing what many wanted all along and, as you say, it is now clearer that’s what he is doing. It can only be tonour benefit and long may it continue !

• Like 1

How anyone can state with any certainty our current form is or isn’t related to Agnew ( or Grealish ? Or Terry ? Or Hogan ? Or the weather ? Or Bruce ? Or wee willy Winky, is beyond me !! Some must have incredible insight !

It could be one, all, or none of these surely ?

Im just glad we look a formidable prospect lately.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 4

Just now, terrytini said:

How anyone can state with any certainty our current form is or isn’t related to Agnew ( or Grealish ? Or Terry ? Or Hogan ? Or the weather ? Or Bruce ? Or wee willy Winky, is beyond me !! Some must have incredible insight !

Of course it's probably a little bit of all of the above but ultimately it comes back to the manager. That's the job, the coaching staff and the players implement his grand plan. 

I've said in another thread we've all the right tools to succeed, to not lose another game all season even, but you still have to put it together on a match day. He's doing that. 

• Like 3

Just now, terrytini said:

Combination of many things which are all coming good at the right time - if we can keep our key players fit then we are going to take some stopping.

• Like 3

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Of course it's probably a little bit of all of the above but ultimately it comes back to the manager. That's the job, the coaching staff and the players implement his grand plan. 

I've said in another thread we've all the right tools to succeed, to not lose another game all season even, but you still have to put it together on a match day. He's doing that. 

Not including wee willy winky are you Dave ;)

23 minutes ago, villarocker said:

A jigsaw could have a beautiful scene but without that final missing piece it looks a mess. You could have a beautiful car but it' covered in pink spots spray paint it black and it could look awesome. 

Agnew just seems like the icing on the cake and maybe the reason everything seems rosier is because he has joined? 

I don't doubt for a second that he's helped, perhaps significantly too but for those apportioning all the kudos to him for our recent 'revival' whilst ignoring SB's ongoing contributions I just find it a bit sad and pathetic.

The lengths people will go to avoid having to admit that perhaps they were wrong is embarrassing.

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't doubt for a second that he's helped, perhaps significantly too but for those apportioning all the kudos to him for our recent 'revival' whilst ignoring SB's ongoing contributions I just find it a bit sad and pathetic.

The lengths people will go to avoid having to admit that perhaps they were wrong is embarrassing.

Not sure if anyone has been proved right or wrong yet. Full credit to Bruce at the moment, its looking like i was wrong to doubt him but its not proven to be yet. Some people may not have seen enough to admit they were wrong, rather than avoid it because they are embarrassed.

Just out of curiosity, when did you admit you were wrong and announced it? 

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

They’ve won 3 of last 6 unless I’m very mistaken ? And only lost 1 in 14. And it’s only the last 2 they’ve not scored....which is something but not as good as 3 !

Somehow I managed to read the Brentford and Bristol City results as defeats.

I need more sleep.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They are.  It's an incredible squad they've got there.

Interesting to note, though, that they've only won 2 of their last 6 league games and haven't scored in the last 3...

It's not over yet. Wolves recent form for some reason has gone largely unnoticed. Not by me..... or you though

Edited by Villan_of_oz
Just saw the post above, not as bad as I thought. Maybe cos I've had a wager on them when they haven't won

9 hours ago, limpid said:

Was it some kind of English - Scottish friendly?

No just saying in response to wolves not beating Swansea over 2 games that Bristol city beat a very strong Man U side the other week and pushed city all the way too- there is some quality in this division and the gap in quality between the top 6 in  this league is not that much to the bottom 10 of the premier league 

we have the chance now for Bruce to lead us back to the top league and  there’s a good feeling in the club again .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd love to live in a world where everything is so black and white.

Agnew signs, play well, all down to Agnew. Forget everything else guys, it's all Agnew.

Forget the 18 months of work that's gone on before, it's all Agnew.

I would love to be able to forget most of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

No just saying in response to wolves not beating Swansea over 2 games that Bristol city beat a very strong Man U side the other week and pushed city all the way too- there is some quality in this division and the gap in quality between the top 6 in  this league is not that much to the bottom 10 of the premiership.

we have the chance now for Bruce to lead us back to the top league and  there’s a good feeling in the club again .

PAnd that is... the WRONG answer! :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eastie said:

No just saying in response to wolves not beating Swansea over 2 games that Bristol city beat a very strong Man U side the other week and pushed city all the way too- there is some quality in this division and the gap in quality between the top 6 in  this league is not that much to the bottom 10 of the premier league  .

Ah, you meant premier league? You said premiership, which has been the wrong name fur that league for over ten years. Hence the confusion.

• Like 1

Â