Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He only has one because Kodja is injured, he was adamant on keeping Agbonlahor here, one he has destroyed all confidence to, the Kid is nakered and the other one is the other side of the planet!

Sorry, forgot he should have used his crystal ball to forecast injury to our best striker

I don't think he had any choice but to keep Agbonlahor, I'd love to know how and where you think we could have jettisoned him (without just terminating his contract and paying him off, which doesn't benefit us whatsoever)

Hogan's destroyed his own confidence with sub-par performances

The kid is nakered (sic) because of all of the above

McCormack is on the other side of the world because he's a complete waste of space (that Bruce inherited)

Especially when you accuse people of having hidden agendas and you deliberately take things out of context in order to progress your argument perhaps?

Hidden agenda, funniest thing I've read all day thanks. There's nothing hidden about it!

Pray tell, what I have taken out of context to progress my argument (coming from someone who just threw a few more million on to an already fabricated list of costs associated with transfers in order to try and make a point)

Not used his crystal ball but more his Brain.

What was he thinking in bringing Agbonlahor back whos done absolutely f all. What a waste. Atleast with McCormack his has tried to get him out the door.

So it left him with Agbonlahor, Hogan, Kodja & Davies! Still a weak attacking force. Many predicted this would happen and it appears has not thought about a back up plan very well, crsytal ball or none.

In my eyes he has a nakered Davies and that is it.

I have explained my opinions on the rest already and bringing Gabby back into the fray was the first of many stupid manuovers by Bruce.

Hogan is suffering in a team with no service led by a manager playing white stick football you might find.

As for fee's shall we just ignore they exist in modern day football and do not factor in FFP or budgets anywhere.. even with the added fee's taken out, it does not disguise how much of a poor job Bruce is making of things here.

Yeah yeah yeah he's doing well... - He should be doing much better!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

If we lose the next 2 how much pressure is he under?

He will only lose his job if we go on a similar run to last year and bomb out of the top 6.

If we're losing the next two (and struggling to win after that given it's Brentford and Boro) then yes the pressure will start to build again significantly especially with a transfer window coming up.

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if we win the next 2 will anyone cut him some slack? no? didnt think so...

Actually, if we perform with our heads up, spotting the good runs teammates are making. Possessing the ball moving it around in the offensive half looking dangerous and not completely exposed to fast breaks.  I will cut him slack.  And pass out cold from the shock.  I suppose you are expecting that kind of performance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if we win the next 2 will anyone cut him some slack? no? didnt think so...

Not really an answer to my question, and you've answered it yourself, but anyway, if we win the next 2 and look good it'll be a massive boost to both the club and Bruce personally. If we win the next 2 and still don't look convincing, then nothing will have changed, the danger of the wheels coming off remains. If we lose the next 2 I think it'll be a huge blow for promotion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think we will beat Derby but struggle at home vs Sheff United. We seem a bit better on the road in recent weeks

That’s a big shout to say we will beat Derby - has Bruce beaten a team above us yet?? I admit it would be a fantastic confidence booster and a real fillip for us fans going into the Xmas period if we can secure the 3 points later.

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Actually, if we perform with our heads up, spotting the good runs teammates are making. Possessing the ball moving it around in the offensive half looking dangerous and not completely exposed to fast breaks.  I will cut him slack.  And pass out cold from the shock.  I suppose you are expecting that kind of performance?

i expect 3 points...whether it's a fast paced attacking minded 4-0 or 1-0 off samba's backside i really couldn't give a monkeys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i expect 3 points...whether it's a fast paced attacking minded 4-0 or 1-0 off samba's backside i really couldn't give a monkeys

That's the problem though isn't it, we would ALL love 3 points however they come. The problem is that relying on Samba's arse for promotion every week isn't the best plan.

• Like 2

When we next embark on an effort to sign a striker, i hope we look a little further than their goal stats( which in the past has given us patchy results) and seriously look at the players ability to move like Brian Little and Dean Saunders did.....The amount of static strikers we have bought over the years is worrying.

We need a Dynamic one or two.......one who is comfortable with movement.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I hate to say this but anything less than 90% possession these next two games then it's Bruce out, I'm afraid. 

I think the fact he’s had the audacity to arrange a fixture with Derby at Pride Park just beggars belief. I bet he hasn’t even bothered to ask if they’d like to play it at VP.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I guess when he is doing his team talk and explaing his thoughts.....He coaches all that out of them, and tells them not to make runs and use 3 touches to bring the ball under control and keep your heads down.;)

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I guess when he is doing his team talk and explaing his thoughts.....He coaches all that out of them, and tells them not to make runs and use 3 touches to bring the ball under control and keep your heads down.;)

I looks that way at times more often than none many will agree!

20 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh okay, let's just scatter a few more million whilst we're at it and since when did we start factoring in signing on fees? When evaluating a Managers spend it's generally done so on transfers. I notice you've not bothered to include any of the outgoings either which bring the net spend down significantly.

Everything you write as an agenda to it, "to be sitting just about 5th" - what does just about mean? So if we finish 2nd and get promoted do we 'just about get promoted' and if so, how is that any different to getting promoted?

My reputation for being a 'bruce lover' or whatever the F you want to call it is being borne out of stuff like this, I will happily concede on many of SB's misgivings but when people are just making up crap to suit their argument I cannot sit back idly.

There's no recognition of the fact that we were 22nd in this division when he took over

There's no recognition of the fact that we've had one fit striker for the past x amount of weeks

There's no recognition that in Kodjia and Terry, we've lost 2 of if not the 2 most influential players in the team

There's no recognition of the fact that our club was rotten before SB came in, sure the arrival of Xia helped a little but given that we were in 22nd and not able to win a game for love nor money should tell you all was far from rosey

There's no recognition of the fact that, whether you want to admit it or not, we are actually doing pretty well in terms of results and league placing, could be doing better for sure but how many teams couldn't say that

There's just no recognition.

Just lots of noise about whah whah whah Man City keep the ball all game why can't we?!?! Oh we're aston villa we should be obliterating everyone just by turning up. Any Manager will do better - guess what, we've tried other Managers and they haven't done better over the years.

It is pointless, us continuing dialogue, we're obviously on different planets.

I think you are quite right, the main issue is the lack of any flicker of recognition.

The resillience acheived is like a mirage, just skimmed over to carry on the crusade of criticism.....I can't recall any of his critics on here giving him any credit for anything....and I Don't mean Terry, who has criticised him , but praised on occasions too.

Like you i have my criticisms of him, but TRY to remain balanced with it.

If,if and I repeat if.....I thought we had 2 quality strikers available in the squad fit to play and we was playing as cautiously as we do.....I would have more to say against him....but we don't.

Â