Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Play the game Demi, at this level, unrealistic to be expecting to be 2nd in the league atleast with the amount of money that has been pissed up the tree?

You noted exciting football at Preston & Burton. I have had more excitment out of a christmas cracker than Bruces tenure in charge so far.

Any decent manager worth their salt (especially one with his promotional record and so far Villas all time greatest manager win ratio) who has spent the money Bruce has, would be able to get a tune out of 98% out of these players here and we would be 1st or 2nd right now.

You cannot defend Bruces fumbling in the dark and I do not fancy having to trot half way across the country in a hope it is the lucky game where villa get something from the game because we may play some rare exciting football.

You've gotta be on a wind up man.

OK so did you did RDM more exciting?

Did you find Mcleish exciting?

Did you find Lambert exciting?

Did you find Garde exciting?

Suprised by your wind up comment...

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How many premier league teams are successful and play football outside top 6 ? Not many and they are better than us. For this level I think it's a tad unrealistic to expect both week in and week out. I mean we have seen some exciting football at Preston and burton to name a few.

I think Norwich, Bournemouth , Brighton, Southampton, Newcastle followers might argue against this ?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

OK so did you did RDM more exciting?

Did you find Mcleish exciting?

Did you find Lambert exciting?

Did you find Garde exciting?

Suprised by your wind up comment...

Demi 2 games in 40 is not enough excitement for me.

Also I cannot argue with the rest as McLeish, Lambert & Garde where all in the PL, each of them all battled relegation and so it would be a case of no contest.

With the money Bruce has pissed and the players we have, we should be playing like Barcelona is this league.

I get where you are trying to come from but comparing managers in the team when in 2 different leagues makes it a tad difficult mate.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Also I cannot argue with the rest as McLeish, Lambert & Garde where all in the PL, each of them all battled relegation and so it would be a case of no contest.

With the money Bruce has pissed and the players we have, we should be playing like Barcelona is this league.

I get where you are trying to come from but comparing managers in the team when in 2 different leagues makes it a tad difficult mate.

I disagree we should be playing like Barcelona. 

However I do think we should be playing like an Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But Bruce has us playing like SunderBirmingHull Utd

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Please detail the money he "has pissed"

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bree, Hogan, Lansbury, Whelan, Elmo

If not transfer money, wages.

Bree because he doesnt use him, if he insists on playing Hutton then both Bree and Elmo were wastes of money and Elmo who was bought to replace Adomah (top assister last season - top scorer this season) who he replaced with snod (Snod = good loan)

Hogan because he thinks he can be Andy Lochhead

Lansbury because he doesnt play him in his natural role (heaven forbid he scores)

Whelan - replacing an „old injury prone Jedi“ with another oldie who cant contribute positive/progressive play

Elmo - see above

But you knew that already

***note

Why buy a „squad“ when you use the same 11 till they all drop or get injured?

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ahh yes, the Villa way..

The way that has not seen us lift a cup for f*** knows how many years..

The Villa way that seen us relegated..

The Villa way that see's us struggling to stay in the play off positions at this moment in time...

Better get that half season ticket looked into.. we're in for exciting times it seems.  :thumb:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Welcome back mate.. how was your Villa Talk retirement day pass?

The money he has pissed.. just look at all his signings since he has arrived..

Compare that to:-

A. Where we should be in terms of position.

B. What another proven manager like Bruce would be achieving with the same players - Warnock, Allerdyce or Benithez would all have us sitting top 2 you just know it.

The Bruce defence brigade is becoming stronger than our own government's MOD. Incredible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Welcome back mate.. how was your Villa Talk retirement day pass?

The money he has pissed.. just look at all his signings since he has arrived..

Compare that to:-

A. Where we should be in terms of position.

B. What another proven manager like Bruce would be achieving with the same players - Warnock, Allerdyce or Benithez would all have us sitting top 2 you just know it.

The Bruce defence brigade is becoming stronger than our own government's MOD. Incredible.

Thanks for the 'detail'.

I feel so enriched, let's hope you never have to run a project.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thanks for the 'detail'.

I feel so enriched, let's hope you never have to run a project.

It answered your question.

What has me running a project got to do with Bruce pissing money up the wall playing boring football with players out of position when we should be further up the table.

I hope you are not getting a strain of the Brexit's virus.  ;)

Â