Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

No surprise that when he makes some positive changes and takes the reins off we play better football and look better as a team.

The likes of Snodgrass, Grealish, Adomah and even Lansbury and Hourihane are players who like to get forward, and with Davis upfront, they all have the perfect foil to work off.

Let them do it instead of cautiously sitting back and trying to hit on the counter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Decent point, garbage display, only bit of quality in 90 minutes came from Lansbury.

Ridiculous - second half was good there.  Completely nullified Leeds and looked a threat going forward after the changes.  Well done Bruce.

First half, granted, was absolutely awful.

• Like 1

First half was dreadful but fair enough, he made subs early on and they changed the game. I just don't get why we still seem to struggle so much against the better teams, he has to sort it out over this month. 

On 30/11/2017 at 15:21, lapal_fan said:

In our 129 year league playing history, we've been out of the top division 12 times. 

So yes, we have. 

I don’t think a villa manager outside of the top flight has had the resources made available to him that SB has ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Poor start, made the right changes and good second half. A decent point at a difficult place. 

Yes I would go along with this - I am not a Bruce fan and still want him gone, however for once I honestly believed he got the big decisions right 

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We saw tonight what Bruce has built and that is something we haven't had for years. Character and resilience.

We were poor first half but not for a second did heads drop and we dug in and then second half completely turned the tables and did to Leeds what they did to us first half. 

I think that performance probably optimises the last three months and what it has taken a year to build. We lose a game now we come back to win the next one. That losers mentality has now well and truly gone for me and while we may still lose the odd battle I am very confident we will ultimately win the war.

Fair play to the manager and those above him who held their nerve and stuck with him.

Snap! I just said much the same in the match thread. Great minds...

16 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We saw tonight what Bruce has built and that is something we haven't had for years. Character and resilience.

We were poor first half but not for a second did heads drop and we dug in and then second half completely turned the tables and did to Leeds what they did to us first half. 

I think that performance probably epitomizes the last three months and what it has taken a year to build. We lose a game now we come back to win the next one. That losers mentality has now well and truly gone for me and while we may still lose the odd battle I am very confident we will ultimately win the war.

I am no longer worried when we go a goal down or fear when we lose a game we will go on a poor run.

Fair play to the manager and those above him who held their nerve and stuck with him.

I agree with some of this. 

And yet in 3 months we haven't managed to close the gap to automatic promotion by 1 point and not once this season have we been in the target position we set out at the start of the season. 

While it's better, much better than last year it's just not good enough yet. Deserves praise and credit but still for me a way off achieving what he needs to.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think that performance probably epitomizes the last three months and what it has taken a year to build. We lose a game now we come back to win the next one. That losers mentality has now well and truly gone for me and while we may still lose the odd battle I am very confident we will ultimately win the war.

I am no longer worried when we go a goal down or fear when we lose a game we will go on a poor run.

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree with some of this. 

And yet in 3 months we haven't managed to close the gap to automatic promotion by 1 point and not once this season have we been in the target position we set out at the start of the season. 

While it's better, much better than last year it's just not good enough yet. Deserves praise and credit but still for me a way off achieving what he needs to.

Problem is.. would we have won today if we had JT Kodjia Jedinak Hogan Green available? I think so. We have lost crucial players for most the season yet we are still in a good position. Take out 4 of the best attackers from Wolves and their best CB.. i dont think they would be going on as good of a run as we are. We are extremely unlucky this season.. and Wolves the opposite. We wont go up automatically with the squad we have left. Not without Kodjia. Depends who we bring in January.. but i think we will do well to go up by the play offs. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Credit to you for such a positive outlook.

Nice to get a point in a game we're so poor in.

Switch Nuno and Bruce, we'd be loads better off, Wolves would tank. Switch Wilder and Bruce, we'd be loads better off, Blades would tank. Switch bloody Warnock and Bruce, we'd improve and Cardiff wouldn't.

Sincerely hope we make it up through the playoffs and we part ways pleasantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I don’t think a villa manager outside of the top flight has had the resources made available to him that SB has ?

Have you seen wolves spending this year??

have you seen boros?

hogan has been Bruce's only "mega buy" the rest are not high transfer fees, that was di matteo 

• Like 1

Â