Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Not our day today. 18 seconds in we concede a wonder goal and then just nothing really went for us. I don't think we were urgent enough and our midfield was especially poor today. 

Best to forget about it and move on IMO.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I agree and is being overlooked by many.

Exactly. Why are people not making a big deal of this? I honestly think the powers at be want us to stay in this league as we are a bigger club and makes the championship seem more exciting.

explain to me why we were playing Sunday 12pm, Wednesday and then Saturday at 3pm? We are not a champions league team. If you look us, Preston and blose all lost today. Our games should have been on Sunday. 

its a disgrace we were made to play this schedule. Both Preston and Wednesday had 24hour advantages over us. Funny enough we have two injuries today as well.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Can't believe we went into a 46 game season with 3 CBs, two of whom are in their 30s and one of those is Chris **** samba

shambolic

Isn’t Tommy Elphick still there? And Mica Richards? At a guess it would be hard to justify the money without getting rid of one of them two useless shite. Plus Jedinak can play centre half 

3 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Isn’t Tommy Elphick still there? And Mica Richards? At a guess it would be hard to justify the money without getting rid of one of them two useless shite. Plus Jedinak can play centre half 

You make a good point financially, but signing Samba instead of bringing on our own academy players was a mistake. As for Jedinak, if he was in the bench he should have come on instead. 

We don't have any pattern of play so when players have off days or it doesn't fall for us we get days like today. Sheff Wed play 442 every game so to match them and hope to be better than them was stupid. I don't blame Bruce for the result I blame him for the football we get to see. Good results make crap football worhwhile but crap results just highlight how bad we are with the ball. Terry looks like being out for a few weeks and that'll be a big problem. We are lucky our bad day hasn't affected the playoff positions. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When someone scores a wonder goal in the first minute it is down to your players to respond.

They didn't.

His subs were pretty rotten thougn tbf.

His starting XI was pretty rotten too.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

also,Nuno right now is the new Wagner.....but lets see it unfold.

No TRO this is totally wrong - you can’t just  lump managers into a group just because you’ve never heard of them

Wagner is a one-off and was getable for us if we’d really gone for it - if we had I’m convinced that we would be in the PL by now

Bruce won’t be taking us up this season and deep down you know it - we’ve got enough quality players to be in or around the playoffs and that’s about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You make a good point financially, but signing Samba instead of bringing on our own academy players was a mistake. As for Jedinak, if he was in the bench he should have come on instead. 

I’d agree with both of them comments however you’d hope Samba was cheap. I don’t know who we have in the academey, also no idea how Samba played today but had has been dog shite when I’ve seen him play for us before. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2017 at 21:14, sidcow said:

I am still not 100% convinced yet. 

It still feels like we are stumbling through many games, I would not be hugely surprised if we went on another poor run. 

Today is exactly what I was fearing when I wrote this. 

At home against a poor Wednesday team we should have comfortably won.

A team in form and being really convincing would not have a team like that beat them easily at home. 

We are just not convincing and I have little faith we will have a good reaction to this either. 

Why the hell did he leave it so late to make the last change? We were so obviously going to lose unless something dramatic was to change. 

Also he has left our squad criminally short. 

We have one injury in central defence and now Samba is our only option, and what happens if he or Chester get injured now? 

Similarly we have one striker injured and we have no striker left for even the bench, and one of the ones playing is only a kid though thankfully (and let's face it, it wasn't the plan!) he's come good. 

It's highly likely we will he another injury to a striker or central defence so where will we be then? 

Yes Bruce spent all summer accumulating an ambarassing number of right midfielders. 

We are criminally short of cover with the money we have spent.  Yet funnily people have kept saying some of our rivals will struggle when they get some injuries. 

• Like 1

From where I was sitting, people weren't happy with the setup today and weren't happy with Bruce, so it's not just here we have divided opinions. 

What I found strange today was his substitution. Why take Snodgrass of and put Hogan on the right, when Hogan wasn't doing anything at all?? 

And why keep Whelan on? it's difficult to play with a midfielder who is watching the game pass by him and doesn't run. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

also,Nuno right now is the new Wagner.....but lets see it unfold.

Hmmm let's just ignore his work outside the UK then.....and Wagner who got Huddersfield promoted and looks like he will keep them there.....meanwhile we have the same long ball football from us under Steve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I can see a small advantage to an extra 24 hours recovery time, it’s a bit difficult to argue they were all knackered after 17 seconds. I’m sure it will form part of SB’s post match excuse fest though. 

17 seconds 17 hrs no ome is saving that. I absoluteky was talking about about the team performancr not that moment of brilliance

We're in a spot of bother and I expect us to go on a bad run. I guess the risk factor with Terry is that at his age he's more likely to pick up injuries, he has been fantastic for the most part but the issue is that we have no cover. Seems like a dumb decision to let Baker, a capable defender at this level go. Chris Samba is **** abysmal, in fact worse than that, he simply cannot even run any more. Chester and Samba will be like the chuckle brothers at the back, the other alternative is Elphick and he is terrible as well. 

It's simply ridiculous to not have any sort of strength in depth at the back and rely on a 36 (soon to be 37) year old to play virtually all of the league games in such a long season. We are going to be a shambles at the back without Terry. Another piece of ridiculous mismanagement by Bruce.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Â