Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is a horrible day. To lose at home and lose our captain when we have no other decent centre half. Were f*cked! 

Just when things were looking up this happens. I swear Villa are cursed. 

Bruce must be bricking it. 

Why would he be bricking it, as he has said, it is not his fault and who would we get that is better than him? How many other managers have four promotions on their CV??????

On 30/10/2017 at 21:02, VillaCas said:

The problem with this discussion is that the difference between success and failure is extremely small. For me top two is the only acceptable outcome and I don’t believe SB can deliver this - top six leaves us in a lottery which I have no confidence that we have the mentality and approach to win. For some in or around the playoffs is acceptable

The constant unpicking of each result is somewhat pointless - no one doubts that we can grind out a few results, put on a plucky away performance or win the odd game here and there comfortably - what counts is how many such performances we can string together and where that takes us in the table. Top six is not a good enough return for me for the resources available

I also have a further concern that Bruce has put a team together that would need major major work to function in the PL however that is now a problem for the (distant) future

We should have moved heaven and earth to bring Wagner in but that ship has now sailed - I think barring an alarming drop down the table we are now wedded to Bruce for the rest of the season - I hope he can prove me wrong

....and this is the problem! We obviously can’t win every game but we need to win enough to take us into the top two and we’re not going to. Two steps forward, one step back

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villarocker said:

People weren't saying that the other night when I suggested that we wouldn't have beaten a full strength Preston side. Apparently, it's all part of the game! ;)

it is indeed part of the game. weird day all round across the leagues, some very strange results around and a good few bets lost (mine included)

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Bruce is popular amongst the Villa fans that go to the games.

They sing his name in the stadiums ect. 

He will get us through the play offs

You seem to be okay with scraping the playoffs.

If we finish in a playoff position, we're simply not getting promoted.

Players didn’t perform today - we got what we deserved and it can’t all be pinned on Bruce .

many wanted to see Davis and Hogan together - well today they had the chance and t was pretty Poor .

Jusy hope JT injury is not a bad One - need to PUt this behind us and kick on after the breaK - we are 5th and have 30 games to go - plenty of room and time  to improve .

9 minutes ago, andym said:

Didn't see much difference performance wise to the majority of games under Bruce - in general shoddy passing, movement and style, with a few bright moments when someone decides to get the ball and try and do something themselves.

It's just this time we weren't playing a bottom feeder like Bolton or Burton, we weren't playing a team like Preston with 4 starting defenders out (and two more lost during the game).

Obviously we were unlucky with the quick goal and Terry's injury, but while we continue to be so limited in passing and movement etc, we are always going to be open to results like these.

We will win our fair share due simply to having so many individuals better man for man than most teams in this league. But when we come up against the good teams, we will struggle more, particularly if we go behind, because our manager is so limited and has no idea how to break the opposition down.

exactly this. Face a good side and 90% of the time we shit ourselves in the face of good passing. 

Â