Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, just ask Leicester. Their counter attacking Football was **** useless in the Premier League. 

So useles they only managed to win the darn thing - and even managed to counter attack their way out of the champions league group stage - not really sure what point you are trying to make - with all due respect 

This thread is getting sillier than normal. I suppose now we seem to be resorting to pops at each other it will see the end of the infuriating 'you're either in this pigeon hole or that pigeon hole' type posts that just narrow the debate. At least for a short while.

Truth is, no ones proved anything yet and the whole season is going to be like this - unless we drop so far off the pace as Bruce is gone.

And as for you @Grasshopper, well, quite apart from the fact that I don't agree we should be getting rid of Bruce just yet, even though I didn't want him in the first place, even though I wanted a 'Bruce type' to come in and remind our squad to be a bit more 'competitive in the tackle' (is that a nice enough way of putting it @TRO ? ;) ) and even though I agree with you that I hate watching us play under Bruce sometimes I think he has a good chance of getting us in the top 5, maybe even better and even though half your posts start drifting into 'Xianese' that take me a few goes over to understand and you're quite obviously some sort of nutter, you're our nutter and you can think want you want and write it here if you want. Don't ever change :thumb:

Personally I hope you stay on a downer with Bruce AND we get promotion, that way we can all end up jealous of you when an entire seasons positive emotions are suddenly released all at once through your being. ;) Somehow it matters more now there's a personification of joy to hope for. Like @sidcow and his desk thingy being the right way up or not. That's the shit that matters :)

Anyway back to the inny-outy shizzle. Don't mind me, it's the weekend

• Like 4

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Like @sidcow and his desk thingy being the right way up or not. That's the shit that matters :)

Boy have you got a memory! 

I am pleased to report football head has spent a considerable amount of time out of the Fuengirola foot shaped ashtray, the right way up and smiley face out. 

I got really concerned that I didn't turn him around to sad face after the Wolves game but it doesn't seem to have jinxed us 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

So useles they only managed to win the darn thing - and even managed to counter attack their way out of the champions league group stage - not really sure what point you are trying to make - with all due respect 

He was being sarcastic. 

And now you seem to be disagreeing with your own point :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spoony said:

People were crying out for Jokanovic. Look at Fulham. Look at us. 

thats why jumping to conclusions is not always the best policy.....(He looked like he hadn't got a clue as to what was wrong)

"fools rush in where angels fear to tread".......and all that.

also,Nuno right now is the new Wagner.....but lets see it unfold.

Edited by TRO

31 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sometimes Stevo - sometimes I have no words 

What don’t you understand?

you were suggesting we shouldn’t be sitting back playing counter attacking football like we do under Bruce. 

Bobzy sarcastically pointed out that counter attacking football won Leicester the Premier League. 

You missed the sarcasm and appear to agree that counter attacking football is the way to go. 

What have I missed?

Edited by Stevo985

I could see the logic behind the change. 

I love the opportunity to criticise Bruce but hard to really have a go, a wonder goal after 18 seconds and Terry off injured is terrible luck. 

However, this is his squad to deal with injuries and he's to blame for our poor start which leaves results like this having more of an impact on our promotion goals. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I love the opportunity to criticise Bruce but hard to really have a go, a wonder goal after 18 seconds and Terry off injured is terrible luck. 

People weren't saying that the other night when I suggested that we wouldn't have beaten a full strength Preston side. Apparently, it's all part of the game! ;)

Edited by villarocker

Â