Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Not wanting to appear argumentative and also not wishing to use any stick to beat Bruce, but I can't give him too much credit here. With the amount of money invested it would be incredible if a manager could not put a half decent group together - weve clearly got a good squad by Championship standards but in my opinion we could have done even better - whatever, any credit should go to Xia for providing the levels of finance

He has at worst balanced the books and I think if I could be bothered to go through the figures would probably find he is a few mill up.  He did though  inherit some players worth a few quid and has had the luxury of being able to wheel and deal off the back of them.

I know some are loathe to give him any credit and I can understand why as the bottom line is results and performances haven't so far been good enough. I do think the squad is better than the one he inherited though and the first 11 is some way better. If as expected we start with the same 11 as last week, which I think most of us would accept is our best 11 at the moment, then he signed 7 of them and promoted one of the other four from the youth/reserves. He now needs to get consistent results and performances from them as putting a good squad together is only half the job.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

You are usually very good at ensuring people's recollections equate to the reality.....

My recollection is that there were certainly some saying they would take a defeat "if it meant Bruce got the sack" which is of course an entirely different thing to " wanting us to lose "

They wanted us to lose, however you want to word it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick said:

What pisses me off about Bruce is that I so desperately wanted him to succeed. 

Ideally I want him to fulfil his credentials of being a promotion expert. What that means is that the ownership did get the appointment right and this does not set the club back.

I am rooting for him quietly.

Such a limited manager.

He should be giving CH permission to run a train on his daughter because he is the only reason we won that game.

What in Gods name does he say at half time to send them out so unmotivated.

Gaining momentum yet I feel more deflated than before kick off. I guess it's because I was hoping for a positive performance after Barnsley. But not with this guy on the touch line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's a results business, so a win will allow him to fight another day. 

Not convincing but I don't really care about that if we've got 3 points. 

I don't know about this.

It's dangerous to wait until we go on a bad run to sack him. There's no way playing like this is sustainable over a season and will get us promoted. We might as well get rid while we still have a fighting chance.

• Like 2

Â