Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

No I am not saying that.....because his first season he finished 19th I think

I am talking about how a good bet it now looks......If he failed miserably, would you have come out and mentioned him?

Who knows?? I understand why some wanted Bruce but to me Wagner seemed a no-brainer.  The fact he hasnt failed but has in fact been an incredible success (with minimal resources) sort of proves my point

Bruce Out

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's absolute cobblers it really is, totally revisionism of the situation to cover his arse.

For a start his best results were when he arrived!!!!

Just self promoting BS.

This is his biggest problem. Changing history to suit his narrative. Fans aren't fools. To be fair it wasn't as bad as last weeks and no mention of mass hysteria! I wonder If someone's had a word? It'd be nice to have a journalist actually interview him though!! 

Just now, dn1982 said:

This is his biggest problem. Changing history to suit his narrative. Fans aren't fools. To be fair it wasn't as bad as last weeks and no mention of mass hysteria! I wonder If someone's had a word? It'd be nice to have a journalist actually interview him though!! 

I'd love to have 5 mins asking him questions, I wouldn't be abussive or rude, I'd just like to call him out on some of the crap he has come out with since August and see how he reacted.

3 hours ago, decamoto said:

Terry, Whelan & Samba are minimal cost outlays. They will do a job and bring the youth players on (I believe it was part of Bruce's remit this year to do this). Their cost will (hopefully) be recouped either through playing time or with transfer fees of the younger players who they've benefitted.

Bruce is/was a steady pair of hands while we rebuild the club. The progressive manager would have been nice but a higher risk, one not worth taking IMO in our position a year ago. We will eventually sign that manager but I still think that we're a few months/a year away from sorting the mess behind the scenes. Once we as a club identify what the 'Villa way' of playing going forward is, then I think we will be able to get the right 'fit' of manager for us. If we still go for a Steve Bruce esque kind of manager at that point, then we need to start worrying.

>£3m in salary plus signing on fee is not a "minimal cost outlay", Whelan also won't be cheap in terms of salary. Again, we need substantial income to justify the overall wage bill, which by all accounts is enormous. This makes promotion all the more paramount with parachute payments declining geometrically. 

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd love to have 5 mins asking him questions, I wouldn't be abussive or rude, I'd just like to call him out on some of the crap he has come out with since August and see how he reacted.

You'd eed longer than 5 min!! There's that much on the pitch never mind off it to be questioned! My simple one would be do you think you have and are underacheiving? If he is still here after the next 3 games we need to back him completely but hopefully we can get a q&a with fans as there's lots of baffling stuff going on. 

Edited by dn1982

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this actually happening?

Even @TRO is caving these days. I don't think anyone has been claiming he needs more time for a while now.

Yeah

After being "keyboard-happy" for about 1000 pages he finally got round to reading one of my posts

26 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You'd eed longer than 5 min!! There's that much on the pitch never mind off it to be questioned! My simple one would be do you think you have and are underacheiving? If he is still here after the next 3 games we need to back him completely but hopefully we can get a q&a with fans as there's lots of baffling stuff going on. 

Underachieving ? He worked miracles and kept us up last season ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok so do you guys want the win tomorrow?

The win is vital as are the next 2 games after it - 3 wins and we are back in the hunt !

The heat has eased a bit on Bruce since the barnsley game but his comments today have reignited a few feathers.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

No I am not saying that.....because his first season he finished 19th I think

I am talking about how a good bet it now looks......If he failed miserably, would you have come out and mentioned him?

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

"Wagner had a plan" - what does that even mean?  What plan?  Who for?  He was coaching Huddersfield at the time, they had a good start.  But he finished 19th with them the year before.  Bruce was available and as has been said a billion times, had promotions on his CV, even very recently.

So, if it was your money, your MILLIONS of pounds in money, who would you employ? 

The bloke who had 1 half season in charge (he was employed by Huddersfield in Nov 15), and finished 19th with them, and who had a win % of 34.8% managing Borussia Dortmunds SECOND team for 4 seasons. 

OR;

The bloke who was available, had very recently took teams up, has (presumably) good knowledge of the league, has a history and a decent name in English football, but you could say (and I'd argue against it) that he's a bit old.

And Huddersfield majorly slipped up towards the end of the season, almost falling out of the play offs. 

I don't even know or understand what you mean by "Bruce was a nice bloke" or "I felt we needed a coached plan, more than an arm around the shoulder" or "a year on, we still need a plan, Bruce doesn't have one"

You don't know if any of that is true.  Of course there will be plans, hopefully to win all the games 10-0 and everyone creams their pants - but football isn't that predictable (thankfully). 

I'm sick of the **** guff written on here, emotively written in absolutes.  It makes you (not you personally) look like a moron.  And (as if I have to say this) I say that as someone who thinks we're under performing.

I do however think that we'll get better as the season progresses.  

Sometimes on this site, you get a herd mentality.  Someone says one thing and loads of others are like "yea, I think that too!!" and then you get the other side, and then both sides become more stubborn, then it becomes more prickly because it's the same day and there's still 5 days left to the next game and then you get the "I told you so's", and they're knobs and it grows so tiresome and boring.  No one is really willing to change their minds about anything because being right is more important than what's happening. 

Yes, I'm better than you :P  

I've given my honest opinion, and if others think it's "guff" then that's fine.

Wagner has a clearly explained football philosophy which is finely detailed. I call that "a plan".

"Bruce was (is) a nice bloke" in the overwhelming opinion of the media. Apart from "the arm around the shoulder" style of man management  (his words originally which I've recycled) I don't think he has a lot more to offer.

I'm not bothered about "I told you so's", I'll just continue to give my opinion. I'm not particularly bothered about being right, as long as Villa goes in the right direction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok so do you guys want the win tomorrow?

Yes. And I want Bruce to get us promoted and then be sacked before he gets the chance to embarrass us in the Premier League.

I also want him sacked because of his lies and attacks on the fans and the fact that he has gone, in my eyes, from being a decent Championship manager and a seeming decent enough guy, to now pissing me off every time he opens his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I am 100% certain I want the very very best result for this Football Club, if that's what you mean....do you ?

I’m sure every single person on this site wants to win tomorrow and onwards whoever is in charge .

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I get all the sensible criticism......but I hope he gets a win on Saturday and fires us up the League.

Its not what he says, its what he does I will judge him on.

We have been doing this. Apparently, it is called hysteria. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Who knows?? I understand why some wanted Bruce but to me Wagner seemed a no-brainer.  The fact he hasnt failed but has in fact been an incredible success (with minimal resources) sort of proves my point

Bruce Out

Do you put a bet on when the horses nose is close to the line?:)

Â