Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

On a similar note, I see that you can get celebrities to do dedicated short video messages - Keith from the office, michael owen, john barnes, other tv & sports stars all for varying amounts...........the company also offers Wayne Lineker to do such a message for £50............apart from being Gary's brother & sh*gging some bird years younger than him, what the eff is he famous for ?! Even his bar is only feeding off his brother's career.

Who next ? Gemma Collins !!??

I’d like to get Jude Bellingham to do one for me saying “Happy Birthday pal, up the Villa! And SOTC!”. Then I’d create a profile on SHA and troll the crap out of them with it :)

• Haha 2

On 18/07/2021 at 18:34, El Zen said:

He really doesn’t look well. Probably not  the best photo, but he looks terribly unhealthy. 

He actually lost quite a bit of weight between the Hull and Villa job as he basically lived in Portugal and exercised most days. Going back to the day job has probably meant long days, lots of driving as he doesn't live in the north east,  and a lot of junk food. Needs to be careful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

A reminder of how bleak life was under this arsehole. Let the big big clubs like Brentford and Norwich go to work. Talks down every job he's in so his hopeful scrape of survival is praised.

I doubt Steve Bruce is setting the budget. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's all Steve Bruce's fault, don't ya know.

People are so one-eyed on this subject. It's not necessary to either like Bruce as a person or rate him as a manager to recognise that it's a hard job, and that having no incoming players into a pretty bad squad is not a great situation.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

People are so one-eyed on this subject. It's not necessary to either like Bruce as a person or rate him as a manager to recognise that it's a hard job, and that having no incoming players into a pretty bad squad is not a great situation.

I think you'll find that if Newcastle had a better manager, they would back him with more money.

Someone like Rafa who gets actual results and helps to stabilise the club in the Premier League, maybe.  Not ol' Brucey.  Who does he think he is getting the club to finish in their best position since they've been promoted?  **** charlatan.  No wonder he's getting no money to sign players.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bruce is good at steadying a ship and keeping heads just above water. Despite having a championship quality squad (except ASM) they will stay in the PL. For me, he can't do anymore with those resources. 

He did the same with us, when he took over from RDM we were candidates for a double drop. He sorted us out, steadied the ship. 

Where Bruce falls down is when there's an expectation to go out, win and dominate. Our squad in the championship should have absolutely walked that league. 

Grealish, Tammy, mcginn, Tuanzebe, hourihane, Chester, Bolasie. But he only knows how to play a certain way, which is only good in select circumstances. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have they really not made a signing yet?

It's not great backing to be fair is it.

Its all the PLs fault this summer 

To be fair to him Ashley is seemingly a master at deflecting geordie anger 

But all that said and Bruce will use it as an excuse this summer, his brand of football is nothing to do with the players he has or the signings he's not able to make, it's been his brand everywhere he's been and its absolutely **** dire, so dire that the fans have a right to complain about it no matter how much the defend it 

Personally I think their survival will depend on the crowd, if 40k of them turn up every week to sing "we're **** shit" then they could be as bad as we were when we went down 

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think you'll find that if Newcastle had a better manager, they would back him with more money.

Someone like Rafa who gets actual results and helps to stabilise the club in the Premier League, maybe.  Not ol' Brucey.  Who does he think he is getting the club to finish in their best position since they've been promoted?  **** charlatan.  No wonder he's getting no money to sign players.

They finished 10th in 2017/18.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just watched Alex Bruce pod on undr the cosh .

Seems a decent lad tbf.

Very odd bloke who seeks out abuse of his public figure father on the internet, then shows it to him.

• Thanks 1

Â