Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

De Laet didnt sound like he had an agenda, he never actually said anything bad personally about Bruce. He just said his coaching was outdated which people have speculated on here before.

Didn't adversely affect Jack or SJM, did it....didn't stop one of the best Defenders in England joining him, when he could have gone anywhere.

I think its down to what you want to believe.....I would choose to be influenced by them, than the great Richie de Laet.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Didn't adversely affect Jack or SJM, did it.

I think its down to what you want to believe.

McGinn played 10 games under Bruce and Jack is a natural talent that all he needed was guidance. Nothing to do with Bruce coaching but to his credit his management skills

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Didn't adversely affect Jack or SJM, did it.

I think its down to what you want to believe.

But wasn't DeLaet focusing his critique more on team coaching and training rather than individual training?

Not saying that those things are unrelated but the way he describe it is exactly how we looked on the pitch. We looked like 11 people who had no idea of what to do when they got the ball other than wing it and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McGinn played 10 games under Bruce and Jack is a natural talent that all he needed was guidance. Nothing to do with Bruce coaching but to his credit his management skills

Like I say, its down to what you want to believe.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

But wasn't DeLaet focusing his critique more on team coaching and training rather than individual training?

Not saying that those things are unrelated but the way he describe it is exactly how we looked on the pitch. We looked like 11 people who had no idea of what to do when they got the ball other than wing it and hope for the best.

Like against Wolves at home, that seemed to be good coaching......look i am not defending his style of football and I was not privvy to his training or coaching.....merely saying Richie de Laet is hardly a player to bench mark your personal views on.....when so many other better players who made the first team have said nothing like that, and could have done.

I will say it again.....its down to what you want to believe.

Just now, TRO said:

Like against Wolves at home, that seemed to be good coaching......look i am not defending his style of football and I was not privvy to his training or coaching.....merely saying Richie de Laet is hardly a player to bench mark your personal views on.....when so many other better players who made the first team have said nothing like that, and could have done.

I will say it again.....its down to what you want to believe.

It sure is, but it's also what you watched on the pitch. For me what he describes is exactly how we looked 9 times out of 10. The Wolves game was fun but also an anomaly

.It's pretty uncommon for players to speak about managers while they are still active, negative or positive. Just the polite platitudes if asked a question.

Out of interest what makes you doubt DeLaet's statement?

4 hours ago, sne said:

It sure is, but it's also what you watched on the pitch. For me what he describes is exactly how we looked 9 times out of 10. The Wolves game was fun but also an anomaly

.It's pretty uncommon for players to speak about managers while they are still active, negative or positive. Just the polite platitudes if asked a question.

Out of interest what makes you doubt DeLaet's statement?

The fact he has an axe to grind and never made the team often enough.....i have said in an earlier post, a past player i knew, used to moan about Ron Saunders, thats what they do, when things don't go their way.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The fact he has an axe to grind and never made the team often enough.....i have said in an earlier post, a past player i knew, used to moan about Ron Saunders, thats what they do, when things don't go their way.

He said himself it didn't work out as he had lots of injuries. Nothing to do with anything else 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He said himself it didn't work out as he had lots of injuries. Nothing to do with anything else 

At the end of the day, its just one players opinion.....there is a whole host of other opinions.

Didn't basicly all of Bayerns senior players say Ancelotti's training sessions were shit? 

I've no doubt Bruce's were probably awful. But taking the word of a player who's quite possibly bitter he barely played isn't always the best source. 

In both cases I imagine it's got a large element of players not being happy with playing time/results. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So with our financial numbers from last year out and gone though it reveals that our wage bill rose from £73m to £83m last season. The highest ever recorded in the Championship.

We now hold 3 out of the 5 highest wage bills ever recorded in the Championship, the other 2 goes to Newcastle and QPR.

During the 3 seasons we were in the Championship we spent a eye watering £226 million on wages alone according the numbers we have handed in :( making the statement from Bruce that he had to " beg, borrow and steal" possibly the most deluded, disingenuous and out of touch statement in the history of our football club. Xia might have some whoppers that pip him there thou.

I should not have to point out that Bruce is not solely responsible for this and that obviously this money was not well spent but I might as well anyway.

This is not all on Bruce, far from it.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

On 15/02/2020 at 12:14, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t mean to derail this conversation about Bruce’s leadership credentials, but I really must draw your attention to Bruce’s uncanny resemblance to British industrialist Josiah Wedgwood:

56A40263-9F43-47AB-82DF-5724720CEEBB.thumb.jpeg.109a4efa492cb36d86441c60170f8d94.jpeg

I’m a little frightened.  

What about Vic Manni from Bad Boys?

Image result for Vic Manni

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/02/2020 at 12:15, Zatman said:

De Laet didnt sound like he had an agenda, he never actually said anything bad personally about Bruce. He just said his coaching was outdated which people have speculated on here before.

A bit rich, in what we are experiencing now.

what would have said about this lot?

Edited by TRO

He will be so smug in the press conference when we go there. I might even have a go at steve bruce interview bingo 

Waiting for a "I could have brought them up if they gave me the money and the time" or "It was because where I came from the fans hated me" 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

A bit rich, in what we are experiencing now.

what would have said about this lot?

Your constant questioning of "why should we accept relegation" made me smirk when you defended Bruce's failings at almost every turn in the division below.

You know we are in the Premier League? That's more difficult than the Championship. Bruce served up terrible football and results at times when we were the "big" team. We were the Man City/Leicester being outplayed by the little boys. Something you just refused to see time and time again, blaming the players. Then Smith came in and got us promoted with those players.

If we had Bruce in this league I suspect his reputation would probably be better than it is around B6. He's a backs to the wall manager who puts everyone behind the ball, hoping to get results. Fine in the PL, where opponents can rip you to shreds, not in the Championship.

I'll just wait for you to bring up wins over Wolves and Bristol City before we start the circle again.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He will be so smug in the press conference when we go there. I might even have a go at steve bruce interview bingo 

Waiting for a "I could have brought them up if they gave me the money and the time" or "It was because where I came from the fans hated me" 

They'll be plenty of smugness round here as well I'm sure.

Â