Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The thing I have never quite understood about Bruce out is.....it seems like it is championed at any cost.

This notion that we cannot get a worse manager is unfounded.

Until I have a good idea of who is being proposed to replace him....I fail to get encouraged.

We more than most fans have had first hand realisation of worse managers, it is a real possibility.

I would hazard a guess the owners think that too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely could never picture any Villa fan saying, "Ohhh we play some great football and keep winning but I just can't stand Bruce".

Most would say "Fair play, the bugger got it right tonight", although he would almost certainly then come out with things like "Hopefully shut one or two up", "not had millions to spend", "These lads have only been here 20 minutes" etc basically digs at the fans so he does not help his case in the scenario you create.

Football fans enjoy good football, especially when the team they love is playing and winning with it.

This makes zero sense to me.

I wouldn't care less if Petre Andre was the manager if that were the case.

You might have a more valid argument if you were pointing to people refusing to get carried away after a blistering performance as they know good performances are simply the swingback of the leg before the impending kick in the nads when we get beat by QPR for example.

Now there's a name that hasn't been mentioned....That's a "mysterious" choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely could never picture any Villa fan saying, "Ohhh we play some great football and keep winning but I just can't stand Bruce".

Most would say "Fair play, the bugger got it right tonight", although he would almost certainly then come out with things like "Hopefully shut one or two up", "not had millions to spend", "These lads have only been here 20 minutes" etc basically digs at the fans so he does not help his case in the scenario you create.

Football fans enjoy good football, especially when the team they love is playing and winning with it.

You might have a more valid argument if you were pointing to people refusing to get carried away after a blistering performance as they know good performances are simply the swingback of the leg before the impending kick in the nads when we get beat by QPR for example.

For me, it's always been, seems a nice enough chap that Bruce, but the blend of football he's serving up, is, I'm afraid to say, not the Mae West, and that's putting it nicely.

• Like 2

Stepping aside from all the negatives, hysteria and the other bumflufferies, I have a feeling Bruce has the next four games to save our season and quite possibly his job!

We have four games remaining this month and a haul of 10-12pts are needed from these games if we are to even think about mounting a challenge of promotion this season.

Going into these games we have only collected 9pts from what should have easily been 16-18pts so far this season (only 3 pts from the last 4 games) and given the opposition of those games and their league position at the time should see us with more points than what we currently have.

It will be interesting to see what methods and changes Bruce introduces - if any, over these next 4 games* in a bid to save his Job.

Having already made one or two unpopular descisions in the dressing room this season he's now got large segments of the away fans turning on him, if not all. Not many managers come back from this.

Bruce has done quite well in the transfer window with the signings of Mcginn, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe and the yet to feature Bolasie & Abraham, and yet we are still left with a shambolic and bare defence.

People say he needs time to bed all these players in etc. With the tide starting to turn against Bruce, the fact is the time is already against him and these next few games are going to be so crucial and possibly the biggest in his managerial career.

Will he do it? I don't think he will.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's very true, winning football is all that matters to most. When we lose, however, there is nothing to soothe the pain. No, well at least we're playing some decent football or, you can't fault the player's, they gave it their all. It feels like even the atmosphere around the club as soured and here we are, cap in hand, begging for the service of a 37 yr, old, defender. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

Seems to me like some people have memory loss over the international break.

You can count the number of times we have played flowing, attacking (dare I say winning) football under Bruce on one hand.  We are a barely functional side grinding out results.  Some seem to think we should accept this whereas some of us understand that we are not Wigan or the noses and we should rightfully expect better.

As long as Bruce is here. More damage is being done.  Let’s not kid ourselves, the new owners help us dodge a Bruce/Xia inflicted bullet, you may not be so accepting when lightening strikes again at the end of the season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stepping aside from all the negatives, hysteria and the other bumflufferies, I have a feeling Bruce has the next four games to save our season and quite possibly his job!

We have four games remaining this month and a haul of 10-12pts are needed from these games if we are to even think about mounting a challenge of promotion this season.

Going into these games we have only collected 9pts from what should have easily been 16-18pts so far this season (only 3 pts from the last 4 games) and given the opposition of those games and their league position at the time should see us with more points than what we currently have.

It will be interesting to see what methods and changes Bruce introduces - if any, over these next 4 games* in a bid to save his Job.

Having already made one or two unpopular descisions in the dressing room this season he's now got large segments of the away fans turning on him, if not all. Not many managers come back from this.

Bruce has done quite well in the transfer window with the signings of Mcginn, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe and the yet to feature Bolasie & Abraham, and yet we are still left with a shambolic and bare defence.

People say he needs time to bed all these players in etc. With the tide starting to turn against Bruce, the fact is the time is already against him and these next few games are going to be so crucial and possibly the biggest in his managerial career.

Will he do it? I don't think he will.

I agree he has 4 games to save his job but not 4 games to save our season. This team is very capable of winning 10-15 games in a row, currently not likely but fresh manager impetus, talented squad, I think the season is long we we are going to be there or there abouts regardless of who is in charge.!

I am perfectly comfortable saying Bruce has assembled a good team, maybe twice and that he is a good bloke who is always trying to win games.

But playing style counts, it always will for a club like us. We want to see good football. Direct wing play can be great but its been clear now for sometime that Steve Bruce may have reached a bit of a dead end tactically and the fact is as we have found out to our cost, momentum matters in this league. The top teams keep winning and the bottom teams keep losing. We have spluttered out of the gate,  we cannot afford to let him have more time.

So I am also perfectly comfortable thanking Steve for his service and moving on to a new manager, it is to important for our season, If Steve Bruce played for himself he would drop him. We need to do the same. Its not personal, we just need to go up and this squad (thanks Steve) is capable of it. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What your saying is, people's abilities to enjoy watching our football matches have been removed but not yet this season as we have been shit, but despite that we don't enjoy a lot of our games because of dislike for Bruce anyway?

Maybe Bruce would be liked if our games would be enjoyable to watch, if we didn't play shit under his management, if he cut the bullshit and excuses and handled players better.

It could be agreed that Bruce has destroyed any fans even wanting to watch us due to the shit he is serving up this season on and off the pitch - a bit like the majority of last season?

But, I guess it's easier to blame the "Bruxiteers" and their inabilities instead huh?.

**** me. You are amazing at missing the point and making up your own argument all together.

Have a **** day off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Great if you believe that.

I don't. I think it was clear last season that there were posters here who praised victories through gritted teeth. Even if we won a game well they'd be picking faults because they couldn't bear to give Bruce credit.

And it was clear that some posters reveled in us losing because it made them right about Bruce.

You're not allowed to say that. People will reply to this with faux outrage at the very suggestion that that could be the case. But we all know it's true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Â