Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Sorry but this is exactly the kind of thinking that limits us, none of that means anything in reality, literally nobody but us cares that we won a European cup 36 years ago. We don't need a big name manager at all, Bruce was seen as a safe option and look how that has turned out.

you are quite right.....Ron Saunders was not a big name manager and built his philosophies on basic ingredients, like work rate and character.

We are lacking in the basic ingredients.....which is also typical of many teams that come down from the prem.....we still haven't adjusted judging by some of our performances.

I'd make a change now. Two week gap, still some decent managers out of work and plenty of the season left so top 2 isn't a pipe dream yet which is certainly will be if we let things drift to December.

Start of the season didn't fool me and our level has been poor save a good performance v Brentford.

As things stand I don't think we'll even make the play offs which would be a disaster.

• Like 1

When RDM was manager it was generally agreed that he neglected to buy a midfield and there was little sympathy for him when he was sacked. Now inexplicably Steve Bruce has neglected to sign a central defence, in fact he appears to have deliberately weakened it. If managers and CEOs it seems,  can sue for constructive dismissal, surely there’s something that can be done to just sack him without compensation?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm a patient man. Some might say too patient. However today I have run out of patience with Bruce. 

I was a big fan of him last year and was convinced we would go up, even going into the Play Off Final. The 'performance' or lack of, that day, still makes me angry. 

He kept his job in the summer due to the uncertainly and he has been backed by the new owners. The lack of a decent defence/goalkeeper is criminal now. Its no good keep flooding the team with expensive attackers if we look like conceding every time we lose the ball. Our general performances this season have been poor, including the wins. Today was a **** insult. 

He doesn't seem to know his strongest team and is now playing players out of position. Plus every player still here from last season, Kodija aside, is performing at many levels below what they were. How has that been allowed to happen? McGinn and El Ghazi have been the only bright spots in recent weeks. 

Let's get Dean Smith in. At least he seems able to get a team to play football. 

**** Villa ruining another Saturday. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5058733

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The same can be said of Martin O'Neill though, to be fair.

He signed Adam Johnson, who's a massive PDF file.

His name popped into my head earlier...

MON not pdf.

Certainly not an option I'd go for but man I'd love to see a team go for 90 mins like he got them to.

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

This guy has a point. Not a peep out of any of the players. No apology or anything. Odd. Maybe something is afoot!

It is a decent point they do usually say something.

I'm disappointed we haven't already had an announcement that he has been sacked

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Sorry but this is exactly the kind of thinking that limits us, none of that means anything in reality, literally nobody but us cares that we won a European cup 36 years ago. We don't need a big name manager at all, Bruce was seen as a safe option and look how that has turned out.

Sorry, but this is exactly the kind of thinking that limits us! The fact that nobody else cares does not stop it from being true. Nobody cares about any other football club apart from the one they support. We are still a massive club and you should never underestimate that. If we, Villa fans, do not believe in our club then how can we expect anybody else to. Liverpool fans have not won the league for three million years but they still think they are the biggest and best club in the World. Therein lies their strength.

I don’t think Bruce was a safe option. I have never thought he was worthy of managing our fantastic club. Bruce was another manager who had never proven himself capable or worthy of managing a club like ours. Not surprising then that he too has failed. He was slightly more worthy than Smith but not much! Think small and you will never progress beyond an acorn! Think big and the World is your oyster! I always wanted to be an oak. I am a massive fu**ing oak. Be an oak with me and think bigger than Dean Smith.

No one can defend him now, I'm past the point of ranting on here about him too. He has to be gone for the good of the club.  2 different sides in league and cup, 2 diabolical displays. He's clearly lost the dressing room, get him gone ffs. 

• Like 1

A small part of the Guardian article when Bruce got fired from Sunderland ......... Seems like history is repeating itself all over again.

If he failed to cut it as a tactician, the 50-year-old did not seem much of a strategist either. Including loans, 30 players were signed – several of whom have subsequently been moved on – during Bruce's two-and-a-half years on Wearside. That represents an unsettling "churn" factor and hardly proved conducive to developing either a clear playing philosophy or strong team spirit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Why has there been no sacking yet?! Get someone in ASAP give them best part of 2 weeks to prepare. 

If we go into the next game with Bruce still in charge then the new owners lose credibility with me and the majority of the fans. 

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Sorry, but this is exactly the kind of thinking that limits us! The fact that nobody else cares does not stop it from being true. Nobody cares about any other football club apart from the one they support. We are still a massive club and you should never underestimate that. If we, Villa fans, do not believe in our club then how can we expect anybody else to. Liverpool fans have not won the league for three million years but they still think they are the biggest and best club in the World. Therein lies their strength.

I don’t think Bruce was a safe option. I have never thought he was worthy of managing our fantastic club. Bruce was another manager who had never proven himself capable or worthy of managing a club like ours. Not surprising then that he too has failed. He was slightly more worthy than Smith but not much! Think small and you will never progress beyond an acorn! Think big and the World is your oyster! I always wanted to be an oak. I am a massive fu**ing oak. Be an oak with me and think bigger than Dean Smith.

This is such nonsense though, Liverpools strength is not that they are deluded its actually one of their worst qualities and why they are so hated. Theres a difference between dreaming big and being totally deluded. I get the point you are trying to make but its a very naive one. 

Â