Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His post comments were frustrating. When we went down to ten men we will learn from it he says.

yeah just like boro, Fulham and now today. The guy is useless against ten men. Adomah should have come off at the 60 minute mark for RHM 

if we see another pathetic performance on Wednesday I’m going to. E very pissed off. Stupid individual errors ar3 costing us

sadly, that is a cop out from the football managers book of excuses.

They all say it.

This team in its present form is simply, not good enough, some players are, most are not.

I am sure, these games will not go on too long with these new owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Your under pressure now bruce. Serious pressure. No more excuses. You rested a host of players, you had ten men for a hour to play against.

That's two dreadful performances in a  week. You won't be here much longer you continue this pathetic level of performances 

And it's four this season. To go with the 35+ last season.

Three wins and a draw though so it blinds people.

Unsustainable muck.

This isn't the premier league! If we were grinding out these results in the top-flight, against proper teams it'd be acceptable. We're playing garbage football against garbage teams in a garbage league.

Sod the media reaction, he's got to go. But it's been that way since September last season. Hope the new owners make the best decision for the club and send him packing.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

Today wasn’t good enough. 

I actually thought we dominated the game and played some good stuff up until the final third. 

But we lacked a cutting edge in attack that we’ve seen too many times before. Not able to break down a team that has parked the bus. 

I saw some encouraging signs today that give me hope. Grealish and McGinn in midfield look promising, Kodjia looked much more like his normal self and the defence is slowly settling down. 

But no doubt things going forward need to improve a lot on that evidence. Yes breaking down 10 men who have settled for a draw is tough, but it’s no excuse to not manage a goal. 

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

sadly, that is a cop out from the football managers book of excuses.

They all say it.

This team in its present form is simply, not good enough, some players are, most are not.

I am sure, these games will not go on too long with these new owners.

The players themselves are more than good enough. There are worse midfields in the PL than mcginn and Grealish. 

The manager is holding us back. 

• Like 1

I am not defending Bruce here, because I am totally pee'd off with that.....When you have a team on the ropes and fail to finish them off is piss poor.

I still think we have too many players not good enough for a mixture of reasons......and he is trying to get players in.....I hope they are better than the goalkeepers, because at present they look worse.

To be fair, He has had his building blocks toppled over during the summer, but  McGinn does look a coupe....but we are short of about 4/5.quality players.

I don't think these owners will hang around, if they think SB is not up to it.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The players themselves are more than good enough. There are worse midfields in the PL than mcginn and Grealish. 

The manager is holding us back. 

I simply disagree.....There is more to a football team than a midfield.

In relation to midfield we have taken 1 step forward and the rest of the team 2 steps back.

If the manager is holding us back.....I feel confident the owners will deal with it.

We are presently wallowing in unforced errors in every game.....no team can afford that......and furthermore when we are not making one, we look like we are ready to, randomly.

It seems in the main Terry and Johnstones composure, missing, has left us shaky and unsure.

Edited by TRO

I haven’t seen today but it seems that it was an opportunity wasted, and perhaps we were too negative.

But I think we as villa fans need to be very careful what we wish for. We currently have 7 points from 9 available. That’s 2.3 per game average, keep that up and that’s promotion material. 

I think 90% of teams in this league would love Bruce in charge 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I haven’t seen today but it seems that it was an opportunity wasted, and perhaps we were too negative.

But I think we as villa fans need to be very careful what we wish for. We currently have 7 points from 9 available. That’s 2.3 per game average, keep that up and that’s promotion material. 

Hmmm, perhaps if someone could have a word with all 23 of them, we might get 21 offers to take him off our hands.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Your are right, but there is no doubt.....we have the wobbles.

There is no edge to us and we are holding it together, by certain players quality.....others are woefully off form or not up to it......as a team we are totally imbalanced.

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I would imagine the majority would, but none of them would have any ambition to get in to the PL. I just can't see us being able to keep up with Leeds, WBA or Boro this season. I know it's early days, but not in terms of Bruce's tenure at the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think you my be letting an extremely fortunate 7 point haul cloud the pathetic football we are seeing. It is simply not good enough and hasn’t been for 2 years. 

The man has failed at the biggest club he has ever and will ever manage. So he gave us back a team spirit......but that’s it. That only gets you so far and without an effective strategy and game plan you quickly plateau. Our play is woeful and desperate without any clear direction; this cannot continue. 

Yep, he’s a nice bloke and all that but I don’t want a nice bloke managing our team, I want someone who will get us playing decent football with a clear system that will be effective against ALL teams, not just the s**t ones. 

Bruce has failed and clearly has no idea how to change it or improve as it’s been the same for 2 bloody years. If others are happy to accept ‘nearly’ getting promoted with one of the biggest wage bills ever seen at this level then you are clearly a lot more tolerant than me. If others are happy with Bruce’s ‘style’ then, again, you are more easily pleased than me. Today was awful against 10 men full of young players with little experience. We looked clueless and Bruce continues to play a DM for most of the match and then says ‘frustrating but we live to fight another day’. FFS!! Well done Steve, you have done so well in lowering our expectations to such a level that at least we can try again in our next match and be grateful if that. 

Out of his depth, out of ideas and very soon, hopefully, out of VP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished work so not seen how we played but as far as I'm concerned that's 2 points dropped, a terrible result and against 10 men for the majority of the game. Whilst I don't expect to be challenging for the top 2 this season and am happy to be on 7 points I think we could have easily been on 0 points and knocked out of the cup which is what worries me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would imagine the majority would, but none of them would have any ambition to get in to the PL. I just can't see us being able to keep up with Leeds, WBA or Boro this season. I know it's early days, but not in terms of Bruce's tenure at the club.

• Biesla its early days , He has a good reputation, but had a 44% win ratio at Bilbao......Bruce has 48.9 with us.
  • Darren Moore better equipped than Bruce?
  • Pulis, is he much better than  our guy?, they couldn't wait to get rid of him from Smethwick.....I think Pulis is ok, But SB had the upper hand last season.

IMO we have more weak links than them teams, but in certain positions we are stronger.....Albion have Gayle and Rodriguez up front stronger than us.

Lets see what SB can do in the loan market and see if it improves us.....if its still the same, then maybe he will be looked at.

• Thanks 1

Â