Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We haven't even played a game this season :D :D :D 

This place is ridiculous.

True, but we have had 70 odd games of Bruce football and it is fair to assume very little will change this season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of course you're not going to give any credit at all to Bruce :D 

Do you mean the manager who failed in his objectives twice in succession?

is this really so much of a surprise ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It's hardly no coincidence really that the 2 most impressive sides in the opening weekend Brentford and Leeds played attractive, high intensity and creative football. Stoke had a look ( at least today anyway ) like us in our first season in this league. Expensively assembled squad but played as individuals.

Nothing to do with style of play, you could play with 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and still score 5 past Rotherham, absolute dreadful side, they'll finish bottom again this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

They’re all things that players of any ability can improve with coaching. They’re all things that intelligence and understanding and learning can improve. Talent will always stand out, but for aatalented player to make the absolute best of their abilities they can be improved by coaching and mentoring. Absolutely everyone from Christiani Ronaldo or Messi to players at park level can be improved, or will have been improved through coaching and learning the game from others, I’m my opinion. Talent alone is not enough.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jack was borderline a wasted talent when Bruce took over. Im no Bruce fan but you are crazy if think Bruce had no impact on him. Him staying is one of only reasons Jack will stay

Guys, seriously. This is how it works:

On 04/08/2018 at 12:35, Stevo985 said:

Everything Bruce does is bad. And if anything good happens it was an accident or a coincidence.

(This is the part where you reply and say you can’t be bothered

That should save you some wasted effort.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Do you mean the manager who failed in his objectives twice in succession?

is this really so much of a surprise ?

FAILED IN HIS OBJECTIVES.

So did all the players, too.  EVERYBODY OUT!  **** hell.

40 minutes ago, macandally said:

Oh, is Steve going to do an about turn then?  Totally change his style of play?

Well, last season we finished above Sheffield United and their fantastic, intricate styles of play - so if the same happens again, frankly, I couldn't give a shit whether or not he decides to mix it up.

FAILED IN HIS OBJECTIVES.

So did all the players, too.  EVERYBODY OUT!  **** hell.

I'm struggling with this tbh - at any level of football it's always the manager who takes the fall - and I am a little surprised that you don't consider that Bruce failed ? So missing out on promotion twice is ok?

• Haha 2

It’s so important that we get off to a good start this season. We have had horrible starts to our other two Championship seasons. The fixture list has been very kind to us. We have a reasonably settled squad and a manager who has been in post for a long time. We should be confident and taking the bull by the horns tomorrow. I hope this is so! Make it happen Brucie. Show some courage or step aside and let someone else give it a go. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I'm pretty happy with being a team that challenges for automatic promotion.  I enjoy being competitive and found last season to be mostly enjoyable.

Would I like us to play football with the attacking flair of Man City?  Yes, I would.  Do I think Bruce is a complete failure of a manager for getting us to the playoff final?  No, I don't.

Hearing the constant negative crap from people who literally lump everything negative at the feet of the manager is **** tiresome.  We haven't even started the season.  Give it a rest.

To be honest mate if you respond to it we’ll get the same conversation over and over again. It’s been done to death and nearly everyone is sick of it. 

Its probably best to try and ignore it from both sides. 

I really hope we can just start talking about Bruce’s management displays based on tomorrow and then this season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

Personally, I'm pretty happy with being a team that challenges for automatic promotion.  I enjoy being competitive and found last season to be mostly enjoyable.

Would I like us to play football with the attacking flair of Man City?  Yes, I would.  Do I think Bruce is a complete failure of a manager for getting us to the playoff final?  No, I don't.

Hearing the constant negative crap from people who literally lump everything negative at the feet of the manager is **** tiresome.  We haven't even started the season.  Give it a rest.

Or maybe people just call it as they see it - do tell one good reason why I should stick up for a manager who failed in his objectives twice - this is not subjective either.

i'm not giving in to Bruce on blind faith alone - he needs to show more 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest mate if you respond to it we’ll get the same conversation over and over again. It’s been done to death and nearly everyone is sick of it. 

Its probably best to try and ignore it.

I really hope we can just start talking about Bruce’s management displays based on tomorrow and then this season. 

I agree - but he has to earn this - it's not a given 

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I agree - but he has to earn this - it's not a given 

I didn’t say let’s praise him. He has to earn that. I meant let’s judge him on this season and comment on that.

There’s nothing new that can be said about the last 2 seasons. We all know pretty much how everybody on VT feels about it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's a failure and will not take this club any further than what he did last season!

The "same people" might give it a rest when the guy stops playing outdated hoofball football with yesteryear tactics and actually do something.

He has had more resources at this club in two seasons than what some teams in this league see in five seasons - and he still f***ed it!

Give it a rest???.... Change the dope in charge of team affairs with a more productive approach and we may just be able to.

The defence of Steve Brùce is baffling!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nor me

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Or maybe people just call it as they see it - do tell one good reason why I should stick up for a manager who failed in his objectives twice - this is not subjective either.

He 'failed' once...i refuse to believe a board would set promotion as the seasons objective to a manager that takes over a team in the bottom 3 with a quarter of the season gone

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's a failure and will not take this club any further than what he did last season!

The "same people" might give it a rest when the guy stops playing outdated hoofball football with yesteryear tactics and actually do something.

He has had more resources at this club in two seasons than what some teams in this league see in five seasons - and he still f***ed it!

Give it a rest???.... Change the dope in charge of team affairs with a more productive approach and we may just be able to.

The defence of Steve Brùce is baffling!

I'd take a playoff final again this season.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Nor me

He 'failed' once...i refuse to believe a board would set promotion as the seasons objective to a manager that takes over a team in the bottom 3 with a quarter of the season gone

Play offs were his objective in his first season - he failed. 

Â