Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

So best case scenario is another Championship club or a premier league club come in for him. He goes and we get a bit of compo chucked in. 

Who knows, Stoke might be tempted. 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Didn't we just try that approach? How did it go? Actually we tried both approaches I suppose, then again Grabban or Snodgrass isn't going to improve further, whereas Onomah or Tuanzebe might.

I don't see a problem with the approach - it was a good squad that was more than capable of being promoted. What's the alternative in the current financial situation? Finding good young players for free? 

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I don't see a problem with the approach - it was a good squad that was more than capable of being promoted. What's the alternative in the current financial situation? Finding good young players for free? 

It was an all or nothing approach. Now we are left with nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

One more year for Steve, and I think we will be there or there abouts again, in the mix. He has pissed me of no end, and we have blew a great opportunity, but he has brought a togetherness, he is a safe pair of hands and sometimes better the Devil you know. I have called for his head but he has brought some pride back to this club, and while he is here we will be fighting and have a squad giving 100%.

I think you start dicking around with managers in this league whilst cutting costs, then you are in massive trouble.There is a whole lot of shite out there. Leeds have had about 2 dozen since they went down.

I wanted us to play free flowing football, I wanted us to play on the front foot and go at teams, I wanted a manager who would do that (not Bruce)....but the time for all that has gone now, and if you're on a budget and scraping then Bruce is probably our man.

Time to roll up the sleeves.

couldn't agree more

Very speculatively, i think we would also lose Jack if Bruce went, in light of recent interviews with him where he couldn't praise Bruce more for how he has helped his career...

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

couldn't agree more

Very speculatively, i think we would also lose Jack if Bruce went, in light of recent interviews with him where he couldn't praise Bruce more for how he has helped his career...

Jack or no Jack, it doesn't really matter with Bruce in charge. Haven't we seen enough already? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

couldn't agree more

I do not have much faith in PR speak in interviews or indeed in declarations of loyalties.

I suspect that Jack, and rightly so, will do what is best for himself, not tie himself to Bruces's apron strings.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

couldn't agree more

I've seen this a couple times and it makes ZERO sense.

Is he a Steve Bruce FC fan or Aston Villa Fan?

• Like 1

Another day and still no clear direction - Groan.

After last weekend I need to see something positive happening with my club. Stay or go (and I prefer he go), I just need to know.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Another day and still no clear direction - Groan.

After last weekend I need to see something positive happening with my club. Stay or go (and I prefer he go), I just need to know.

I can only think everyone has been given down to clear there heads - I reckon it will be next week before we hear anything more.

On 30/05/2018 at 13:47, hippo said:

Not that I agree its as simple as that - but thats what Steve Round was brought in for - and supposedly does. To be honest Jack Burst through, beating a man , getting it to albert in the first 11 - how is that different to o'hare beating a man, and getting it to green in the u23's  ?  

ive watched the u23s at least 20 times this season and i dont recall a single game where we set out to defend deep and soak up pressure and hope to counter.

Saying there was one move once that was similar to one move once in the u23s means they play the ways is insane!  By that measure i can say thr grealish run in the playoff final is similar to one kevin de bruyne made for mancity that means we play the same style as mancity.  Sorry im afraid thats just not how it works.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen this a couple times and it makes ZERO sense.

Is he a Steve Bruce FC fan or Aston Villa Fan?

a young player will align himself to a manager that, he believes, is doing the best by him and his career. i believe the fact he's an AVFC fan is irrelevant if the club sack bruce and brings in a man that he doesnt know and/or trust. you can apply this to many organisations. any leadership course i go on say the same thing as to why people move roles: 90% of the time it's due to the manager (i get this isnt always the case in footy) but working well with your manager is half the battle in any line of work

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

a young player will align himself to a manager that, he believes, is doing the best by him and his career. i believe the fact he's an AVFC fan is irrelevant if the club sack bruce and brings in a man that he doesnt know and/or trust. you can apply this to many organisations. any leadership course i go on say the same thing as to why people move roles: 90% of the time it's due to the manager (i get this isnt always the case in footy) but working well with your manager is half the battle in any line of work

With that logic, bring back Tim Sherwood, as he was probably the first to really believe in him.

We've talked all the way around whether we can get promoted with Bruce staying.

Perhaps it's time that we have a simple one word answer, so that we can see where opinion currently is on Bruce?

Can Bruce get us promoted next season .... Yes or no?

6 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

This is exactly what Aston Villa would need from loanees. The likes of Grabban or Snodgrass, not Onomah or Tuanzebe. 

Wether we want them or not, we can’t afford the likes of Grabban or Snodgrass. 

Â