Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I can't wait, he gets the sack and then his true colours show, blames the fans. Yep, we defended deep in matches costing us promotion, played cautious styles of football. We did it.

Just now, AshVilla said:

So what your telling me is i was right all along and we should have gone with youth and a forward thinking manager to begin with.

Bruce was a short term fix which has massively failed. This is the pinnacle of what Bruce can achieve even with his army of OAP's.

He should have gone before this season started and now we will pay the price.

I'm not looking forward to the fire sales, we should have built for youth and not a short term fix with a dinosaur manager and aging players.

How are we going to rebuild with no money? It gets really hard from here and we badly need a change.

I'm concerned that the people who chose Bruce will go for something similar, a 'budget Bruce'

Today is on him but also on Round and co! Total rebuild required once again what two three years since the last one. Xia and wyness are really making a ham fist of this . Both a **** clueless if they think this was the route forward. Two seasons wasted . 

Genuine clarity of thought is required now and a massive overhaul is required. We need a progressive manager, someone with ideas that are in keeping with where football has gone. We have to abandon kick and rush football. We need to focus on youth and in terms of style we need to focus on retaining the ball, passing and moving into space and pressing higher up the pitch. 

We also have to look at recruitment, we've spent a lot on fees, but more worryingly a lot on wages. Our parachute payments go down to ~£15m next season and zero the season after. For all of our investment we've built a largely aging squad with little pace, the resale values of many of these players is also less than what we paid in the first place. So it's all looking a bit precarious isn't it?

I cannot see a reasonable argument for Bruce staying. He failed last season to achieve a play off challenge and has failed this season on his goal of promotion, he shouldn't be rewarded for failure and I think we can all see that his brand of football and recruitment is not going to deliver. It's time to move forward, a new manager with fresh ideas and a commitment to playing the kind of football that in this day and age delivers success, we also now need to look to our own youth system more seriously and make some of these players front and centre.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Swansea are awful, gonna lose a lot of players, I wouldn't worry about them tbf. 

I'm not worried, but I'm not Steve Bruce. He ties his laces three times.

I feel like we'll be stuck in this league for quite a while now, just because the relegated PL teams are going to have so much money. Fulham are a better team than us. We are full of ageing players who are trained to think that if you run enough and are physical you can win any match, even if the opposition dominates the game. Football has moved on now.

Straight after the semi-final 2nd leg I was quite positive about Bruce, saying that he has built a great team mentality and the players really fight for each other. I also said that he should stay regardless.

I genuinely thought we'd do it today, and I'm gutted now.

Maybe a change wouldn't be so bad after all.

Just now, Dick said:

I'm not worried, but I'm not Steve Bruce. He ties his laces three times.

I don't see what Bruce did wrong, we set up to contain, a definsive error cost us, he changed it at half time we came out flying. Players missed chances so he has to gamble as the game gets later. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Genuine clarity of thought is required now and a massive overhaul is required. We need a progressive manager, someone with ideas that are in keeping with where football has gone. We have to abandon kick and rush football. We need to focus on youth and in terms of style we need to focus on retaining the ball, passing and moving into space and pressing higher up the pitch. 

We also have to look at recruitment, we've spent a lot on fees, but more worryingly a lot on wages. Our parachute payments go down to ~£15m next season and zero the season after. For all of our investment we've built a largely aging squad with little pace, the resale values of many of these players is also less than what we paid in the first place. So it's all looking a bit precarious isn't it?

I cannot see a reasonable argument for Bruce staying. He failed last season to achieve a play off challenge and has failed this season on his goal of promotion, he shouldn't be rewarded for failure and I think we can all see that his brand of football and recruitment is not going to deliver. It's time to move forward, a new manager with fresh ideas and a commitment to playing the kind of football that in this day and age delivers success, we also now need to look to our own youth system more seriously and make some of these players front and centre.

I think it's too late to go for the progressive manager now.

The damage has been done, were well and truly ****.

Were no better under Wyness than we were under Fox.

Lions lead by lambs.

18 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not going to respond to this because for the next 20 hours or so I am just focused 100% on supporting my team and willing them to win this massive match that is less than a day away now. 

I’m not interested in obsessively analysing their perceived faults.

so, just bluster then. Righto. Lets hear your take on today's events then.

Edited by TheStagMan

Time to go now Bruce. I never rated you, never wanted you and for nearly 2 years have had to suffer your brand of football and the comments of the 'Bruce In' brigade!

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Sack him.  Sack him, sack him, sack him.  Treated Fulham like Barcelona for 45 minutes, should have had Kodjia on 15 minutes earlier and maybe even thrown Bjarnason on instead of Hogan for some actual dynamism in the middle of the park where there was feckin' nothing.  Flog Grealish in the summer to fund whatever rebuild the next guy needs, for all his ability he's got feck all between his ears.  Absolutely, still, typical bottling Aston feckin' Villa.

Apart from the Grealish bit I completely agree :thumb:

Â