Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Dick said:

He has made mistakes two games in a row. Fans are entitled to question that, but.Bruce does not like to be questioned, we can only praise him. 

I wish my life was that easy that can make mistakes and expect only to be praised. 

There's a world of difference between fans having a dig at the manager and fans criticising decisions.  I think you know that really.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I have no idea what the **** you're on about here.

If fans are having a pop at him after that run of form, he's fully entitled to have a pop back.

He's actually not - he needs to realise it's our club not his, he is here for the short term and should feel grateful everyday he is in charge of our club.

He is a lucky man to have this gig 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

He's actually not - he needs to realise it's our club not his, he is here for the short term and should feel grateful everyday he is in charge of our club.

I'm pretty sure he's said as much, has he not?

Whatever happens in regard to promotion, I seriously hope we get rid of Bruce at the end of the season. I'm just so sick and tired of his dreadful football, and utterly clueless decisions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

There's a world of difference between fans having a dig at the manager and fans criticising decisions.  I think you know that really.

This is Aston Villa - if you can't stand the heat - I'm afraid you keep out of the kitchen 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It seems to be criticism of the decisions and results. I haven't seen many personal digs towards him recently. 

• Like 2

He’ll be well within his right to defend himself. Professionally, he’s had an very good 2018 so far (8/10 I’d say), under incredibly difficult personal circumstances.

He still has my backing.

But he’s set himself up for some stick for playing his part in the last two performances especially with all his talk of the league only counting when the bloody daffodils come out and “tickly bits” etc.

A potentially great week has turned into one of the worst weeks of the season. I’m glad we’ve got an international break now, so they can sort it out.

• Like 1

A potentially great week has turned into one of the worst weeks of the season. I’m glad we’ve got an international break now, so they can sort it out.

And here in lies the problem - who genuinely feels Bruce is the man to do this ?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I disagree, this job is an extremely tough one. keeping on top of FFP whilst having players like richards and gabby draining over 100k a week between them, on the back of 6 seasons of pure crap. Massive expectations which is usually hard enough on it's own but we also have one of the most fickle fan bases in the country which can make villa park toxic at times. it's the biggest club hes been out but probably his hardest job hes had so no way should he feel grateful and lucky everyday to be here.

Just now, Dave J said:

And here in lies the problem - who genuinely feels Bruce is the man to do this ?

Couldn’t have said that first bit better myself ;)

He’s not going to get sacked, so he HAS to be the man to do it. I think he can do it, I just don’t know if he will.

We are capable of beating any other team in this division, we have to get behind them and hope that this past week is the anomaly and those 7 wins on the trot are closer to how we’ll be at the crunch point.

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I disagree, this job is an extremely tough one. keeping on top of FFP whilst having players like richards and gabby draining over 100k a week between them, on the back of 6 seasons of pure crap. Massive expectations which is usually hard enough on it's own but we also have one of the most fickle fan bases in the country which can make villa park toxic at times. it's the biggest club hes been out but probably his hardest job hes had so no way should he feel grateful and lucky everyday to be here.

Tough would be managing Bolton with a transfer embargo and a 5k a week wage limit . Bruce has had FFP restraints but this was after he himself when on shopping spree last January and he has had enough funds to bring in Terry and loan 4 Premier league club players .The bare minimum required with what  he has had at this disposal is top 6 and he looks like he might just about do that.

He has blown it as far as I'm concerned, he screwed up big time for the QPR game and he admits that himself, today was a shocking display and he well and truly lost the plot in the second half, four forwards, no one to put the ball into the box, embarrassing. I'd be amazed if he gets us up through the playoffs. Automatic promotion is now off the table. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

24 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

You make some valid points and I agree with some of them - however a man with so few honours to his name after 20 years + as a manager - should in my view jump out of bed every day and do a little dance around his bedroom - and thank his lucky stars he got lucky 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

No but you are suggesting fans are out of order for questioning the manager because of his record since christmas

Not out of order, but it's pretty ridiculous.  Even with these 2 losses, we've picked up 31 points out of a possible 42.  That's great form.

After beating Wolves, we were challenging for automatic promotion... and now, suddenly, Bruce is utter turd and we're not going up. Crazy.

• Like 1

Â