Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On Radio WM, SB said that those he signed last year are only just coming to terms with playing for Villa.

He now wants more from Lansbury.

People are quick to judge players but you can turn it around (re Hogan).

He didn't want to risk Jedi who has a muscle tear.

Says RVP wanted to leave Turkey but with strength of current striker options at Villa, plus the number of players we have over 30, decided against pursuing him.

• Like 3

Delighted to hear his disappointment with the last half hour.... so clearly not tactical.

There is genuine evidence that the long awaited ( by some) tweak to a more positive approach is well up and running - we will take some stopping if this keeps up

• Like 1

OK It's time for me to retract my Bruce out stance. 

One of the things I said at the time was there was just no way he could turn us around into a team which looked like promotion contenders. 

Right now we are very much playing like promotion contenders added to which removing him from office when we are in the position where we are would be the very definition of insanity. 

Also, can anyone explain to me what Bruceball is? At times today our play was probably as exciting as under any manager since big Ron. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agnew could well be our signing of the season and credit to Bruce for pushing for it. 

Is he the mechanic fine tuning The Villa Engine? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of the things I said at the time was there was just no way he could turn us around into a team which looked like promotion contenders. 

Right now we are very much playing like promotion contenders added to which removing him from office when we are in the position where we are would be the very definition of insanity. 

Also, can anyone explain to me what Bruceball is? At times today our play was probably as exciting as under any manager since big Ron. 

While ive not been a bruce out, i think the majority of people for and against can answer your bruceball question.

It revolved around square passing when we got past the half way line when on the attack, then going to a midfielder who would slowly pass it back to a defender who invariably was closed down and it went back to the keeper who had to clear it. Giving the opponents easy possession again.

Repeatedly 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not blowing smoke up your you know what, but I respect this very much. 

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yes, the players were Premier League quality.

The issue was we were relying too heavily on players who weren't - Gestede, Ayew, Veretout, Richards, Lescott, Grealish & Richardson.

When Garde finally got the team right we went 3 games unbeaten, then Kozak and Traore both suffered season ending injuries.

If we stuck with the team below from the beginning of the season we more than likely would have stayed up if we strengthened again in January.

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Amavi/Cissokho

Bacuna Gueye (Westwood, Sanchez)

Traore Gil Gabby (Ayew, Sinclair)

Kozak

Sherwood, MacDonald, Garde and Black would have relegated half the teams in the Premier League in 2015/16.

Ifs and buts.

couldnt disagree more, 1 out of that back 5 is premier league quality

1 possibly 2 of the midfielders

none of the front 4

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Not really. We did more than enough to win the game and it’ll give us something to work on. 

Did you even see that second half? 2 shocking mistakes from both our centre defenders. They could have easily scored 2 goals if clinical.

Good selection, great result. 

If I'm going to nitpick i thought he got the (Onomah - Adomah) substitution wrong. Onamah was always going to be next to useless on the left wing. I thought the obvious choice would have been Davis for Adomah. Jack out to the left with Davis and Hogan up top. 

Overall though, very pleased. 

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did you even see that second half? 2 shocking mistakes from both our centre defenders. They could have easily scored 2 goals if clinical.

The pitch probably didn't help the situation. It's not like its a common thing for Terry and Chester is it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The second half was poor, but we could also have easily scored 2 or 3 goals ourselves. 

It wasn't a great half of football but i put that down to the game being won. I'm normally one of the most pessimistic of fans, but at no point at all today did i think the result was ever in doubt. 

Â