Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Well, him and RDM but I agree. My point was that I don't think money is necessarily the be-all and end-all.

It is in that without getting promotion we don't get the tv money to spend though looking at Brentford maybe it's better that we do rebuild with bargains rather than more Tshibola type signings

The fact with all the money we have we are relying in 3 loan players that we can't afford to sign because of FFP just tells you everything about how the club is being run.

Bruce did well to steady the ship and bring in Terry and while he has been unlucky with injuries his 1800s style of play is depressing to watch, you can tell even the players are starting to get sick of what they are being asked to do, the passion has gone, we literally let Brentford come at us as no one could be bothered to press.

Jed, Whelan are dinosaurs who offer nothing but keeping an ineffective midfield 'ticking over.' 

Lyden, Doyle Hayes, christ anyone alongside Connor than these idiots.

Didn't want him in the first place, and I was never convinced with the performances even during god results. Would have been happy to see him go at any time but hopefully the weight of opinion now will be too much for Tony to ignore. Nothing really to lose now.

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Problem  is after a year and a bit we have no gameplan. Keep it tight and nick one from a set-piece or a piece of individual play

no passing moves or variation. Its dreadful

No one can say they expected anymore from Bruce

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

It is in that without getting promotion we don't get the tv money to spend though looking at Brentford maybe it's better that we do rebuild with bargains rather than more Tshibola type signings

It's not though. Yeah it's important but some teams spend money poorly, some spend it well. All it does is make it a bit harder but as things stands we're miles away from going up anyway.

If he was sacked who would Villa go for? Would they do a better job of what we have got? Is yet another mid season change of manager a good idea- this would be for the 4th season in succession?  Would someone like Gary Monk do any better? Anyway I will doubt they will sack him, the board have invested too much in him to let him go.

Just now, Mantis said:

It's not though. Yeah it's important but some teams spend money poorly, some spend it well. All it does is make it a bit harder but as things stands we're miles away from going up anyway.

I can't think of a team in either division that's spent as badly as us for ... a decade

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

With two matches in such a short space of time, and in fairness us still knocking on the door of the play-offs, I don't think there's an absolutely urgent need to replace Bruce. This conversation would be much tempered if Glen Whelan cleared that ball at the edge of the box.

Should we replace him? 90% yes. Could he still do enough to get us to the playoffs this season? 70% yes

If Bruce doesn't get four points from the next two games, I think he should go. If he gets six points from the next two games, then maybe we should still replace him and get someone new in for January. But the advantage of getting someone in this week? Pretty minimal, I think.

Middlesbrough seemed to manage it. It all depends if we are a well run club with back up plans, or have sat with our collective heads in the sand. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I can't think of a team in either division that's spent as badly as us for ... a decade

Not disagreeing with that at all.

Either way, we need to move into the 21st century and get a proper scouting system set up instead of going for the usual overpriced dross.

Â