Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Either I'm being stupid or I've had to much to drink. How do you compare a managers win percentage at a club with other managers at the same club even though they have all managed at different levels. (Which is what the original post did). 

E.g. Manger 1 manged villa in division 4 and had win percentage of 95% and won the league. 

Manager 2 manager us in Premier League and had win percentage of 45% and came second. 

Does this mean Manager 1 is our most successful manager of all time? 

As for the bold part, I tried to keep my posts respectful. It's a shame you couldn't offer the same courtesy. I guess that's Villatalk for you.

I don't care enough to argue it further. I'll refer you to @NurembergVillan's post. 

There was nothing disrespectful in my post. In fact by assuming you're able to make a leap of imagination without having everything spelled out for you I'm showing you respect, no? That you've taken it in a way that wasn't intended is entirely up to you. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but taking one line of my post for scrutiny does seem odd. 

You’re being too sensitive.  I thought the old saying you used to support the rest of your point was funny.  I suspected it was intended to be.  No “scrutiny” was intended, other than enjoying a laugh at the incredibly dry humor of being thankful for something because it’s better than a bloody, painful face.  Sorry it’s odd that I enjoyed your humor?

oh, and I thought my comment made less sense with the whole quote, so I would make it clear the funny part was my focus.  

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bruce haters are going to hate no matter what .

Results wise over the last couple of months it’s been fantastic. 

I think we are starting to see why Bruce has 4 promotions under his belt, it’s not spectacular but it gets the job done like all of Bruce’s previous appointments.

Thw guy knows what he is doing even if it isn’t pretty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

You’re being too sensitive.  I thought the old saying you used to support the rest of your point was funny.  I suspected it was intended to be.  No “scrutiny” was intended, other than enjoying a laugh at the incredibly dry humor of being thankful for something because it’s better than a bloody, painful face.  Sorry it’s odd that I enjoyed your humor?

oh, and I thought my comment made less sense with the whole quote, so I would make it clear the funny part was my focus.  

My apologies, I was being too sensitive -_-

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Bruce haters are going to hate no matter what .

Results wise over the last couple of months it’s been fantastic. 

I think we are starting to see why Bruce has 4 promotions under his belt, it’s not spectacular but it gets the job done like all of Bruce’s previous appointments.

Thw guy knows what he is doing even if it isn’t pretty. 

I think the term Bruce-hater does not apply to as many people as you might think it does......

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't care enough to argue it further. I'll refer you to @NurembergVillan's post. 

There was nothing disrespectful in my post. In fact by assuming you're able to make a leap of imagination without having everything spelled out for you I'm showing you respect, no? That you've taken it in a way that wasn't intended is entirely up to you. 

@NurembergVillan actually agreed me with my point so happy to refer to his post.Thanks. 

10 hours ago, vreitti said:

Thrilled we managed to overcome the last "easy fixture" with a positive result. Next three will be the real test. Having watched Leeds easily beat Barnsley tonight, I'm quite worried, as they have the players to seriously hurt us. Bruce will have to come up with something different come Friday. Don't think they'll fear us, and an overcautious approach will almost certainly backfire. We need to make life difficult for them, by not allowing them too much possession. 

Thats ok we dont fear them either

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

But perhaps that caused a positive reaction in the player? 

Adomah delivered last season in assists (for kodjia)

this season its goals

before anyone forgets, during the shit start he sat in the stands and only came into the team because injuries forced Bruces hand. Same with Davis.

• Like 2

Â