Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good win and sounded like a good performance. I think top 2 is unrealistic right now but hope we can stay in the playoff spots. 

With 3 games left it would be unrealistic but with 29 games left anything is possible and i do not see sheff utd staying the pace .

Nice to see JT in his tracksuit at the game today too - team spirit is improving and today we played well 

Edited by Eastie

5 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

In case, someone hasn't seen it yet, like the chap above. It's worth it for that reason alone. Plus it's a really brilliant way of proving Steve Bruce is a poor manager. And it keeps this wonderful debate going. So many reasons...

Proof he's a poor manager? That case is closed . Guilty ,by unanimous decision .

A far more positive approach from Bruce - for about the 5th or 6th of the last 8 games - pays dividends. When he adds positivity to the resilience and teamwork he has fostered we look good ( as indeed we should).

If we keep that level up or somewhere near we might just do it.....our Form over the last 10 games is 2.2 points per game which would get us an Automatic Promotion place........I’m not convinced we will maintain it ( this was another lower half side) but there was enough good about today to at least hope we might.

Great to see us not retreat following the loss of Kodja and Terry....a plus for Bruce there as well.

By this time next Saturday we might, just might, be in a breakaway group.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good win and sounded like a good performance. I think top 2 is unrealistic right now but hope we can stay in the playoff spots. 

9pts off top with 87pts to play for .

We are in the race.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gave him a very good rating for first time. The team showed fight. They held the ball. Selection and substitutes were justified and we played well for the whole game. 

Fair play. 

Me too.

And guess what ? It was a pleasure to do so....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Proof he's a poor manager? That case is closed . Guilty ,by unanimous decision .

unanimousadjective

UK  /juːˈnæn.ɪ.məs/ US /juːˈnæn.ə.məs/

If a group of people are unanimous, they all agree about one particular matter or vote the same way, and if a decision or judgment is unanimous, it is formed or supported by everyone in a group.

18 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

9pts off top with 87pts to play for .

We are in the race.

I get all that. But closing the gap at the top of this league seems a really difficult thing to do. The gap has stayed the same since the end of the transfer window. I just don't think we are consistent enough to close that gap. Also rely on teams above us consistently losing, which doesn't look likely. 

Our poor start really did put a dent in the club's initial target of automatic promotion. 

• Like 2

I have to say, he was bang on the money today...that was a superb performance. Steve has been fortunate in the sense that injuries have forced him to play a certain team & formation. I hate to say it, but could I be that 4-5-1 without Kodija is our best set up? On today's evidence it would seem So, we obliterated QPR.

Â