Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

When we come up against a side with a bit of quality about them were going to come unstuck.

We look bang average and midtable at best certainly not good enough to get in the top 6.

Tbf that's probably around 5 or 6 teams in this league you just described so win the rest and we are still in the mix. 

That is 6 unbeaten and unbeaten at home. Not losing has become a habit and with two wins on the spin what we now need is to continue that and hopefully winning will become a habit. I thought first half today we were good and controlled the game, second half we were crap and way too casual in possession but we edged it overall and the bottom line is we got the 3 points.

It is obvious to everyone, including the manager, that we can play better than we did today and than we have for the vast majority of games this season. I think that confidence is a huge factor in that though and hopefully if we can string another couple of wins together this week with that positive momentum and the confidence that comes with it that it won't be long before we will see us control games more and see them out more comfortably.

I am still confident this season will be a fruitful one for us and we will achieve our ambition of promotion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf that's probably around 5 or 6 teams in this league you just described so win the rest and we are still in the mix. 

I'm not convinced we will win the rest.

We labour against the crapper teams as well.

Today it took a wonder goal otherwise it would have probably been a draw again i'm not convinced

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm not convinced we will win the rest.

We labour against the crapper teams as well.

Today it took a wonder goal otherwise it would have probably been a draw again i'm not convinced

I see where you are coming from but win the next game and we are on track at averaging 2 points a game. So could still be worse. 

46 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm glad we got the 3 points but you can't honestly say you enjoyed that or seen any progress going forward. Seriously like..

I enjoyed that more than drawing the same game 2-2 last year. We didn't play well but we're pretty comfortable for most of the game, their goal was luck 

49 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Next two games tell us nothing. We'll probably beat Burton and Bolton playing no better than we did today. And steve Bruce will still be a crap manager .

He can't win can he? He doesn't win games he is crap, he wins games he is crap. Bruce rightly gets slated for when have dross results like the Brentford game but when we win like today he still gets slated. Don't think that is particularly fair on the bloke to be honest 

• Like 1

Its a win, but I'm still struggling to see any improvement. 

We won't have a chance against the bigger teams playing as we do. The mighty Wolves would destroy us, Burton an Bolton should be comfortable, but I bet we will have to grind out the wins.

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He can't win can he? He doesn't win games he is crap, he wins games he is crap. Bruce rightly gets slated for when have dross results like the Brentford game but when we win like today he still gets slated. Don't think that is particularly fair on the bloke to be honest 

What do you think is a reasonable league position come the end of the season, based on the investment that Bruce as had, and do you think it's achievable based on recent performances?

An unconvincing win against a mid table team that are in dreadful form doesn't convince me that this man should stay in the job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What do you think is a reasonable league position come the end of the season, based on the investment that Bruce as had, and do you think it's achievable based on recent performances?

An unconvincing win against a mid table team that are in dreadful form doesn't convince me that this man should stay in the job.

I do expect a top four finish, but if we finished 6th and got promOted that for me is also acceptable. If we don't go up it's a failure for me. 

Looking at forest they look a decent side to me I think they will be too 12. Just hitting a bit of poor form. Yes time will tell after Bolton game where we have Fulham Preston and wolves whether we are real deal or not.

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is 6 unbeaten and unbeaten at home. Not losing has become a habit and with two wins on the spin what we now need is to continue that and hopefully winning will become a habit. I thought first half today we were good and controlled the game, second half we were crap and way too casual in possession but we edged it overall and the bottom line is we got the 3 points.

It is obvious to everyone, including the manager, that we can play better than we did today and than we have for the vast majority of games this season. I think that confidence is a huge factor in that though and hopefully if we can string another couple of wins together this week with that positive momentum and the confidence that comes with it that it won't be long before we will see us control games more and see them out more comfortably.

I am still confident this season will be a fruitful one for us and we will achieve our ambition of promotion.

Absolutely this. Couldn't put it any better. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do expect a top four finish, but if we finished 6th and got promOted that for me is also acceptable. If we don't go up it's a failure for me. 

Looking at forest they look a decent side to me I think they will be too 12. Just hitting a bit of poor form. Yes time will tell after Bolton game where we have Fulham Preston and wolves whether we are real deal or not.

I've no problem with any of that but it's not surprising you are more forgiving if you'd be ok with 6th.

Im afraid for me anything less than top 2 is a big failure considering the time and backing he will have had.

And to finish 6th it means we can be as low as maybe 12/13th even as late as April. Our sights should be higher . In my view.

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yes we all do. Who doesn't want more? Name one poster or fan who doesn't want to be higher than mid table?

Silly comment

Dave.

I think you took me too literally before and missed my point, so just for the avoidance of doubt and to save on the questions about which Dave, Dave doesn't exist.

I made him up to counter the daft point you seem to be making counter a point I wasn't arguing, from a flippant comment I made in response to a post moaning about people having a different opinion and daring to be critical in the aftermath of a win.

PS. Just to repeat, Dave isn't real.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see where you are coming from but win the next game and we are on track at averaging 2 points a game. So could still be worse. 

We need to Win the next  5 on the bounce to get to 2 points a game....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I never had a problem with the result. It's 3 points. The brentford game was a dross performance and dross result, this was a dross performance and good result. But we'll be found out against better teams. I'm not nit picking here but can't pretend it was a good performance either. And i wouldn't say were comfortable.  Brereton nearly put forest up after they equalised. 

• Like 2

Â