Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

RDM had a much worse and far more imbalanced squad than Bruce and was sacked for less. Why this mug is still here doesn't make any sense.

Probably wyness hoping it all comes good to cover his own arse .

I don't know about giving up. Just doesn't sit right with me somehow. I get people wanting Bruce gone - he lost any faith I had in him after the performance against Cardiff. I'm certainly not making any predictions and fwiw I think he'll be gone by the end of the month in all probability but Barnsley, Forest, Burton and Bolton await and it really shouldn't be that hard. People on here make a lot of a 2 point average. 19 points after 11 games isn't that far off that and it might just save him. Draw or lose in any of them and I think Xia will be forced to act.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Even when we won 7 out of 8 games last season it felt a bit empty. Like we lucked our way through it. We have still yet to play more than 1 league game in a row where we have looked dominant. 

This. 

It was literally just Kodjia edging us to a 1-0 or 2-1 win every time :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

RDM had a much worse and far more imbalanced squad than Bruce and was sacked for less. Why this mug is still here doesn't make any sense.

to be fair, I think he has benefited from " we can't keep changing managers"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

The worry for me right now is, that while accepting a manager has to have time to introduce new players and we have had a large amount over 2 windows, the improvement if bonifide should be progressive.

In terms of a graph i want to see a gradual incline, much like we seen with Ron Saunders and Graham Taylor although Grahams was a bit more meteoric.

Steve's performances for me are regressing......His Graph would mirror the outline of the Himalayas....peaks and troughs......for me that is not progressive improvement.

The teams play still have many aspects of head scratching and i see things that still require attention after 42  league games.

I fear he is froze in "check mate" and is just relying on results to scatter the vultures as opposed to the nous on the training ground......I saw all the things the "bruceouters" were uneasy about, but I honestly thought he would deal with it, now I have grave doubts.

The sad fact with these situations is.....It is most unlikely he will be removed for playing dour or unconvincing football.....Its a results business and only poor results will see him removed.

I feel like I am treading water with Villa at Present and I have to say, if he is removed i will be feeling most uncertain of the next outcome.

I do feel in Limbo

PS If we lose to Barnsley I think a decision will be made, whether it gets announced then, is another thing.

Great post!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That's why I don't understand waiting, if he was set a target of 12 points from 6 games, and now he needs to win 4 on the bounce it would only make sense to wait if we'd been really unlucky and played out of our skins in the last two 0-0s. None of that is true, waiting now is just more points down the pan. There are no signs he can win 4 on the bounce, so why wait to watch him fail?

Yes, we need a run of results which is not feasible given what Bruce has done here so far, and 44 odd games is more than enough in terms of sample size for us to make that judgement. It is fairly ridiculous for us to continue with Bruce in charge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The sad fact with these situations is.....It is most unlikely he will be removed for playing dour or unconvincing football.....Its a results business and only poor results will see him removed.

Yeah well we're way past the discussion about the 'quality of football' as far as I'm concerned. The results have been dreadful since January,  that's 29 games. How much longer do we have to wait?

• Like 3

Â