Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are spot on with that.

I am not so sure we will agree on why that had to be.

I think he is trying to sign players, so that does not have to happen this forth coming season.

If that aspect stays the same ( which i will be shocked rigid if it does) we will be dead in the water this season.

For once mate we agree on something.:)

25 minutes ago, striker said:

For once mate we agree on something.:)

I rarely disagree with the poster.....just sometimes the post.:)

I thought you made a good reference.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think you are spot on with that.

I am not so sure we will agree on why that had to be.

I think he is trying to sign players, so that does not have to happen this forth coming season.

If that aspect stays the same ( which i will be shocked rigid if it does) we will be dead in the water this season.

signing players who can hoof-to-feet?

Just for argument sake we do go down this 3-5-2 system that Brucey loves so much. Whats our best line up?

Got me thinking.. we have alot of RB's. So assuming we are fully fit.

----------------------Johnstone--------------------------

---------De Laet--------Terry-------Chester-----------

Bree------------------------------------------------Taylor  (Amavi if he stays?)

------------------------Jedinak---------------------------

-----Hourihane----------------------Lansbury---------

------------------------McCormack----------------------

---------------------------Kodjia--------------------------

Now. De Laet assuming he is fully fit.. has played CB before. He has speed and Chester is quite mobile. Both are decent with the ball at their feet. Both either side of Terry will make up for lack of pace. We then have the more attacking Bree/Amavi if he stays..

We have good protection with Jedi and a back 5... so should leave Hourihane & Lansbury to focus more in attack. Always add Grealish if we want to attack more. 

I still feel we only really have 4 attacking players in this formation.. so personally i think its shit.. but if Bruce does go with it.. is that the best we can do? Obviously mixing it up with Hogan instead of McCormack. 

We cant really use Adomah and Green though.. unless if its not working.. we take off De Laet and Lansbury.. go to a back four and add wingers. 

If you are playing 3-5-2 right then those 4 attacking players become 6 with the addition of Bree and whoever in down the left. De Laet woudl definitely fit there, not convinced of Chester's mobility and Baker is naturally left sided and has played left back so would like him on that side of the 3, I see Terry and Chester as playing centrally in a 3, so Terry when fit/not knackered, Chester when he isn't (which will be quite often I'm guessing, or the last half hour of games).

53 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If you are playing 3-5-2 right then those 4 attacking players become 6 with the addition of Bree and whoever in down the left. De Laet woudl definitely fit there, not convinced of Chester's mobility and Baker is naturally left sided and has played left back so would like him on that side of the 3, I see Terry and Chester as playing centrally in a 3, so Terry when fit/not knackered, Chester when he isn't (which will be quite often I'm guessing, or the last half hour of games).

Chester on the bench, really?

352/532 will be too negative particularly under Bruce. Taylor as a wing back has no offensive qualities whilst Amavi is a mess defensively. We would end up with 6 defenders behind the ball at all times as a minimum.

That does appear to be Bruce's 'specialty' though so you never know

1 hour ago, slowandlow said:

Chester on the bench, really?

He was our best defender last season, but I think Terry will play seeing as he's been the big high profile signing, Baker is naturally suited to the left side of a 3. That was my point. If you play De Laet on the right, for the same reasons then Baker would be on the left, leaving one spot for either Terry or Chester assuming Elphick doesn't remember how to play football in the meantime.

I was commenting on using De Laet, and moreso the why use De Laet in the 3 really. I'm not advocating droppin gChester just for shits and giggles. I'd expect our 3 if do use it to be Terry, Chester and 1 more from the rest. I'd hope that 1 more from the rest was fast as you like in that case.

On 10/07/2017 at 10:41, Grasshopper said:

They could be reasons if everything goes as you predict

But when Bruce fails all your reasoning will be poor excuses

Hi @Grasshopper, just before you start slagging me off for being patronising and arrogant, this last sentence is you stating your opinion as a fact. Didn't take me long to find it and I know there are more examples.

• Like 2

It's a mangling of the English language for somebody to describe a chance event that hasn't occurred yet as a fact.

And nobody has done so here.

Its mangling it even more for somebody else to INFER that the first person DID do that, and present their INTERPRETATION of the first persons statement as a fact.

• Like 1

In terms of CB in a 3-5-2. Chester plays on the right of the 3 with Ashley Williams in the middle, Ben Davies as the left CB with Neil Taylor as the left wing back for Wales. Chester and Taylor are used to it. Terry would replace Ashley Williams and Baker in for Ben Davies for balance. 

We have flexibility to do it if we want. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

It's a mangling of the English language for somebody to describe a chance event that hasn't occurred yet as a fact.

And nobody has done so here.

Its mangling it even more for somebody else to INFER that the first person DID do that, and present their INTERPRETATION of the first persons statement as a fact.

He says when Bruce fails...... He is claiming he knows the future. Propaganda, rhetoric etc etc

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He says when Bruce fails...... He is claiming he knows the future. Propaganda, rhetoric etc etc

By definition that's an opinion- it can't be anything else.

Anyway ...

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It's not a question of when he'll fail, as he's already failed. The question for me is, will he turn it around.

No, it was already a failed team............now,will he turn it around?

Â