Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 28/06/2017 at 23:26, Demitri_C said:

So will you be willing to be pied off with I told you so if we went up with Bruce? :)

If

IF

IiiiiiiiiiiiFfffffff

it would mean the board got something right (finally)

what we write here on VT is our opinions, rants and our passion for what we want and believe in

I believe I'm right (so does everybody else)

Bruce out!

On 28/06/2017 at 15:02, TRO said:

GH you seem to think decisions have a "certainty tag" attached to them.....decisions are borne out of judgments, the best people sometimes get them wrong.

We all want to go up, as much as you.

They could sack Bruce and it could get worse, where this certainty comes from I have no idea.;)

ps I am under no doubt, that should we have a storming season and go up.....No one will ever believe you had anything but  good to say about him.:)

Success has many fathers, but failure is always a bastard....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I don't like the new home kit

Bruce Out

This is in the wrong thread.

should be in the 17/18 promotion charge thread shouldn't it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John said:

It seems clear that Steve Bruce played a big part in getting JT to sign for our football club.:clap:     

and Joe Hart................... 

;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

It seems clear that Steve Bruce played a big part in getting JT to sign for our football club.:clap:     

Undoubtedly. I think in terms of being able to attract players then at this level we have the best manager. Some may say Redknapp but I can’t imagine players have much respect for that slimy bastard other than knowing he will throw big money at them.

I like what Bruce, alongside Round and Wyness, has done in terms of transfers so far. Lansbury, Bree, Hourihane for little more than we sold Gestede for in January was very good business. Taylor for Ayew and a few quid coming our way again looks very good business. The only one I am unsure of is Hogan as he has had a stop start to his short time here but I think I have seen enough in terms of his movement to see that he will get into positions to score a lot of goals for us.

I was pleased to hear yesterday Wyness say that we will only be bringing in another 2 or 3 players as that means we will go into this season with minimal over haul of the squad and some stability for the first time in years. Of course bringing in good players is only half of the battle. What Bruce now has to do is mould them into a team and come up with a formation to get the best out of them.  Pre season plays a huge part in that and I am confident that off the back of it we will hit the ground running next season.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Undoubtedly. I think in terms of being able to attract players then at this level we have the best manager. Some may say Redknapp but I can’t imagine players have much respect for that slimy bastard other than knowing he will throw big money at them.

I like what Bruce, alongside Round and Wyness, has done in terms of transfers so far. Lansbury, Bree, Hourihane for little more than we sold Gestede for in January was very good business. Taylor for Ayew and a few quid coming our way again looks very good business. The only one I am unsure of is Hogan as he has had a stop start to his short time here but I think I have seen enough in terms of his movement to see that he will get into positions to score a lot of goals for us.

I was pleased to hear yesterday Wyness say that we will only be bringing in another 2 or 3 players as that means we will go into this season with minimal over haul of the squad and some stability for the first time in years. Of course bringing in good players is only half of the battle. What Bruce now has to do is mould them into a team and come up with a formation to get the best out of them.  Pre season plays a huge part in that and I am confident that off the back of it we will hit the ground running next season.

Mark

respect to you, you have villa in your heart.

Sometimes I wish I could see things as you do because you talk a lot of sense and reason in a calm and patient manner.

However, I've not seen anything in Bruce to suggest that he can put the players we have and trade in/out to play in a style that has more chance of success than this sitting back style he adopts.

It's all been dependant on "if it comes off" for the 3 pts and not a quest to dominate and make sure the pts come our way.

I fear simply more of the same from him. Aston Villa is/was not Hull SHA Sunderland sheffW Wigan or whoever he has managed.

We are a Mercedes not a Fiat or a DAF. We need Merc-standard mechanics not a low tech car-joe.

I really hope I'm wrong and that preseason and signing the likes of Whelan & SJ will all of a sudden turn Villa into a Tank steamrolling this league and topping the table from start to finish.

I just havent seen any evidence to back that.

I'll be checking us out preseason and feel that come Hull 05.08.17 there will be no excuse to not dominate this league on the pitch and in the league table.

No excuses now.

And I'll be more than livid when the boards decisions fail us again.

VTID

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Mark

respect to you, you have villa in your heart.

Sometimes I wish I could see things as you do because you talk a lot of sense and reason in a calm and patient manner.

However, I've not seen anything in Bruce to suggest that he can put the players we have and trade in/out to play in a style that has more chance of success than this sitting back style he adopts.

It's all been dependant on "if it comes off" for the 3 pts and not a quest to dominate and make sure the pts come our way.

I fear simply more of the same from him. Aston Villa is/was not Hull SHA Sunderland sheffW Wigan or whoever he has managed.

We are a Mercedes not a Fiat or a DAF. We need Merc-standard mechanics not a low tech car-joe.

I really hope I'm wrong and that preseason and signing the likes of Whelan & SJ will all of a sudden turn Villa into a Tank steamrolling this league and topping the table from start to finish.

I just havent seen any evidence to back that.

I'll be checking us out preseason and feel that come Hull 05.08.17 there will be no excuse to not dominate this league on the pitch and in the league table.

No excuses now.

And I'll be more than livid when the boards decisions fail us again.

VTID

Just not so convincing anymore GH, you've lost your swagger mate. Villa are headed for promotion....... Wahoooooo

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just not so convincing anymore GH, you've lost your swagger mate. Villa are headed for promotion....... Wahoooooo

no

The football was shit

The results not good enough

However my 10er says you will be donating, not me.

The sad reality is that not going up this season will be a sad outcome for DrT's outlay, his aims (5yrs...) and the fans hearts.

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

no

The football was shit

The results not good enough

However my 10er says you will be donating, not me.

The sad reality is that not going up this season will be a sad outcome for DrT's outlay, his aims (5yrs...) and the fans hearts.

The sad reality is you're so set in your mind what is going to happen that I don't think you will enjoy the ride that is a promotion winning season.  

Hopefully when the ride is over you will look back and be able to remember all the good bits....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

P.S. wait till it goes tits up, I wont be the only one ranting on here

Have you managed 24 hours yet?

Did I miss it?

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The sad reality is your so set in your mind what is going to happen that I don't think you will enjoy the ride that is a promotion winning season.  

Hopefully when the ride is over you will look back and be able to remember all the good bits....

The sad thing is that you think GH won't enjoy the ride to promotion. We all want the same, but have differing opinions as to how to get there. On the evidence of last season, it's hard to not see his, my, and others concerns. If however the fabled preseason goes well and the introduction of a few signings, I think JT could potentially be a game changer, improve us then we could do really well. 

However if we come out and play in the same style as last season, we simply will not be promoted. I can't predict the future anymore than anyone else, otherwise I'd be posting this from some sun kissed beach. The fact is we must improve next season, some think we will with Steve Bruce, some think we won't. But we all hope and pray that we do, and to think any Villa fan cares more about winning an argument than they do about Aston Villa, is rather silly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The sad thing is that you think GH won't enjoy the ride to promotion. We all want the same, but have differing opinions as to how to get there. On the evidence of last season, it's hard to not see his, my, and others concerns. If however the fabled preseason goes well and the introduction of a few signings, I think JT could potentially be a game changer, improve us then we could do really well. 

However if we come out and play in the same style as last season, we simply will not be promoted. I can't predict the future anymore than anyone else, otherwise I'd be posting this from some sun kissed beach. The fact is we must improve next season, some think we will with Steve Bruce, some think we won't. But we all hope and pray that we do, and to think any Villa fan cares more about winning an argument than they do about Aston Villa, is rather silly. 

Excuse me Dave but at no point did I imply that I care more about Villa than GH. He knows that I know how much he cares about Villa and I would never question his passion.

I think you need to re-think what you've written. You've put words in my mouth and called me silly for something I haven't said. 

Edit: I see you mean I imply he cares more about winning an argument. Which is still not what I said but rather your way of taking it. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

25 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Excuse me Dave but at no point did I imply that I care more about Villa than GH. He knows that I know how much he cares about Villa and I would never question his passion.

I think you need to re-think what you've written. You've put words in my mouth and called me silly for something I haven't said. 

Edit: I see you mean I imply he cares more about winning an argument. Which is still not what I said but rather your way of taking it. 

You said you didn't think he would enjoy the ride to promotion, which by implication would suggest he would enjoy being right more. I apologise if you didn't mean that, my interpretation must have been off radar. I didn't say that anyone did of didn't care more. 

Sorry for saying your argument was silly. However I must point out that my Dad is bigger than your Dad :P

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you managed 24 hours yet?

Did I miss it?

Yes

I was working in Mallorca 3 days

and I also mislaid my phone for week.

Trying to make up for lost time

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Â