Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm talking about today's game. Not the season.

If you can't enjoy a good performance when it comes along then what the **** is the point?

Yes I enjoyed today's game. I enjoyed seeing Villa play well.

I know, **** me right?!

seth_from_superbad.jpg

If you enjoyed it great. Let's not forget you were the one who told others to have a **** day off. Drawing a game and finishing bottom half is not something I've enjoyed. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's as clear as ever in this thread that some are putting their opinion of the manager ahead of their opinion of the game.

It makes the majority of posts pointless.

Well I want the Manager to stay but didn't like how we played.

Again there you are just basically saying because people don't share your view they are doing something wrong.

In the Holte where I was I stand with about ten guys and we all exchange views. Four of us thought we were pretty awful for an hour. Only 1 wants Bruce out. A couple spent most the game on their phones and had almost no view because  - they said - it didn't matter wait and see. One said it was garbage but he couldn't care less if it gets us up. A couple quite liked it. We all thought the last half hour a bit better.

And none of us told the other they were working to an agenda, or would never enjoy a game , or anything.

Easy really.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

HAHAHA 

you're enjoying a villa performance. WHat a loser!

So we all have to enjoy the same games and not enjoy the same games ?

What a weird world that would be.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So we all have to enjoy the same games and not enjoy the same games ?

What a weird world that would be.

That's not what I said. It was the implication that there was something wrong with enjoying a good villa performance just because it hasn't been a great season that I was taking issue with. 

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. You can all moan for the summer and we'll see where we stand next season. If there's no improvement I'll be moaning with you. Until then, life's too short to get wound up by the insane negativity on here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not what I said. It was the implication that there was something wrong with enjoying a good villa performance just because it hasn't been a great season that I was taking issue with. 

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. You can all moan for the summer and we'll see where we stand next season. If there's no improvement I'll be moaning with you. Until then, life's too short to get wound up by the insane negativity on here. 

That was in response to your attitude of telling people to have a **** day off because they didn't enjoy a draw at home like yourself. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That was in response to your attitude of telling people to have a **** day off because they didn't enjoy a draw at home like yourself. 

Actually that comment was towards the people complaining about Bruce's subs despite the fact it proved to be the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Actually that comment was towards the people complaining about Bruce's subs despite the fact it proved to be the right decision. 

So you were telling people to have a **** day off and enjoy a sub rather than the result. 

Got ya. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you were telling people to have a **** day off and enjoy a sub rather than the result. 

Got ya. 

I was telling people to have a day off from slating absolutely everything the manager does, just because they don't like the manager. 

I completely understand people not being happy with Bruce. But when they start slating decisions he's made that have demonstrably been the RIGHT decision for no other reason than their opinion of the manager, it makes people look silly. 

I was implying that they should have a day off from their agenda and try to enjoy a good performance without trying to pick holes in absolutely everything just to find something to moan about. 

The only person who has mentioned the result is you.

Is that ok? Do you need me to expand anymore? 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Looking at the final table. We're 18 bloody points off a playoff position. When Bruce arrived we were 10 points off. Utterly baffling that some are still behind the manager, let alone talk about progress.

That is a blunt way of looking at things but you can use similar stats another way and say that before Bruce came we had taken 10 points from 11 games and were therefore on course for 41 points over the season. We finished on 62 points so there was a more than decent up turn.

I think looking at stats since he came is fine by they don't tell the whole story do they. They don't tell you the 6 years of decline before this season culminating in one of the worst seasons in the clubs history. They don't tell you the huge overhaul in players last summer. They don't tell you that on top of all that in the two months of the season before he arrived we had won one in 12, had extended our run without an away win to 14 months, that overall the loser mentality from the previous season had carried over to this one.

I am not happy with what has happened this season far from it. What I am though is understanding of what Bruce inherited and whilst I acknowledge he could have done things differently and better I think he has learned a lot from his 7 months here and we will reap the benefits of that going forward. 

Where he has struggled most is to implement his ideas without having had a pre seaosn with the squad. He has had to try to do it from game to game, often two games a week, against the back drop of a number of injuries and suspensions all whilst trying to initially come to grips with a group of players who had been together for a couple of months and then trying to introduce another half a dozen players into the squad in January. 

There has been no continuity this season. Over 35 ins/outs, two managers, numerous coaching staff. If people think the answer now is to rip it all up and start again then for me they are wrong. The foundations are in place in terms of the team. The manager will have learned plenty about them over the last few months and will know exactly what he needs to do over the summer to enable him to add to his four promotions from this league. He will most definitely be getting that time and I am confident we will benefit from that stability, just as all those clubs in the top 6 places this season have who have all had managers in place for at least one season (including a full pre season). 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Got ya. 

Obviously not. People were moaning about a substitution even though it lead to a positive outcome from a negative. Moaning for the sake of it - (presumably) hence "have a **** day off".

I don't get the need to pick everything apart on here. The season hasn't been great but, by all accounts, we seemed decent today.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too upset if he wasn't here next season, for the most part it's been dreadful under his tenure. I don't think we will go up under Bruce next year, I don't even think we will be in the mix for the playoffs either.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was telling people to have a day off from slating absolutely everything the manager does, just because they don't like the manager. 

I completely understand people not being happy with Bruce. But when they start slating decisions he's made that have demonstrably been the RIGHT decision for no other reason than their opinion of the manager, it makes people look silly. 

I was implying that they should have a day off from their agenda and try to enjoy a good performance without trying to pick holes in absolutely everything just to find something to moan about. 

The only person who has mentioned the result is you.

Is that ok? Do you need me to expand anymore? 

No thanks I got it. 

I still take exception to you telling people to have a day off and enjoy it. Ultimately we've drawn a game that has seen us drop into the bottom half. If people choose not to enjoy the performance, the decisions or the result I for one don't really blame them. You felt different and seem to have enjoyed today. Good for you. 

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Obviously not. People were moaning about a substitution even though it lead to a positive outcome from a negative. Moaning for the sake of it - (presumably) hence "have a **** day off".

I don't get the need to pick everything apart on here. The season hasn't been great but, by all accounts, we seemed decent today.

I know obviously not, it wasn't a genuine question. 

As I said above, there are reasons why people will pick things apart, it's one game. Being blinded to everything else because we performed decent and got a point is a bit daft IMO. 

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

Looking at the final table. We're 18 bloody points off a playoff position. When Bruce arrived we were 10 points off. Utterly baffling that some are still behind the manager, let alone talk about progress. He might have had 20 promotions from this league for all I care, there's absolutely no reason to think we'll do any better under Bruce next season.

Get rid. ASAP.

That makes no sense looking at like that ? 

RDM had fallen further behind the "run rate " of points required in 11 Games than Bruce managed to fall behind in 35 !

• Like 1

So I didn't see it.  But I'm confused.  Bruce is excused for losing a long stretch of games when Jedi was hurt because we needed Jedi to protect the back four. Then he's praised today for playing without Jedi because it made us more offensive. 

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There has been no continuity this season. Over 35 ins/outs, two managers, numerous coaching staff. If people think the answer now is to rip it all up and start again then for me they are wrong. The foundations are in place in terms of the team. The manager will have learned plenty about them over the last few months and will know exactly what he needs to do over the summer to enable him to add to his four promotions from this league. He will most definitely be getting that time and I am confident we will benefit from that stability, just as all those clubs in the top 6 places this season have who have all had managers in place for at least one season (including a full pre season). 

There has not been any continuity at Villa since MON left. 

Â