Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Actually unbelievable there's fans calling for Bruce out. He doesn't have a clue, he's a chancer, lmfao! Factually he is the complete opposite of such statements.

Whats even the point in asking to call for his head, the people at the top of this club want promotion more then any of us without a doubt, but thankfully they are also smart and see the bigger picture.

I'm excited to see who Bruce brings in over the summer if January's signings are anything to go by we should be bringing in some real quality additions into a more settled team, a team that now also fights for eachother, when did we last have that!?

Will the football improve next season? Probably, do I care, not really, as long as we are winning.

Will we be challenging at all next season? Absolutely, failure won't be tolerated by the bosses next season, hence summer transfers are going to be interesting.

Save your Bruce out posts and negativity and get behind the team and what's been a monumental task this season in building a new squad with a new hierarchy, from top to bottom, we all wanted automatic promotion, but in hindsight, our squad and set up was dire when we started this campaign and realistically we should've all known we were never going to be anywhere near the top 2, Ian Holloway called it correctly at the time when he said 16th, he understood just how shit we were and how hard it was going to be to turn it around, so credit to Bruce, he's doing a pretty fantastic job.

• Like 3

I think the vast majority of us would put results over performance. However never mind the aesthetics, my concern is that we don't look in control. Yes we are undoubtedly defending very well, but it seems to be very back to the wall. If we were defending 10 or 15 yards further up the pitch, then I would say that's comfortable. We would also not be leaving the striker(s) so isolated and giving the opposition more to think about than just continually attacking us. Defending so deep means that we are always so vulnerable to a mistake being punished with a goal and with us not scoring many, then that's a problem. 

If Norwich had been wearing the same  goal scoring boots as they did yesterday, then we may have been having this discussion a week ago. 

Edited by DaveAV1
Double negative
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Is it really too much to ask to get better team performances, yet still having a good shout at promotion? 

Usually things like this go hand in hand.

Bruce has shown he can get results. He hasn't however shown us much else, and he's certainly been backed considerably. 

He's had about 6 months now, and without Kodjia we'd still be in relegation. Sure, we'll most likely improve in the summer, because more money will be spent.

However, I do not believe the performances will ever improve all that much under Bruce. He might still get us promoted next year. Then again so would probably a lot of other managers as well, given the resources at disposal.

Not when you're trying to get into the playoffs from 18th halfway through the season. We've tried to do it by hook or crook. At the end of the day, results are all that really matter.

Bruce will know, as he's said numerous times, that we need to be able to play more convincingly and not give the ball away so cheaply if we want to maintain these results over a season. 

Your last couple of sentences say it all. There's an equal chance of us being promoted under Bruce as any other manager - so why on earth would we have yet ANOTHER upheaval of staff, players, training methods, period of instability and everything else that goes with the managerial merry go round. Because our wins haven't been pretty enough?

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

And the first goal we concede means we drop points, Norwich put 7 past the 3rd placed team an we get a dull draw against the minnows in the bottom 6 and still people think Bruce will get us promotion. As I said the other night we don't score enough goals under Bruce to get promotion........Not a chance in hell

The same Norwich we beat just last weekend?

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

He came

got us a few points

didnt build on it

made errors when we had no room for them

went on a disgracefull run

board didnt sack him

started a run that needed to continue till the end of the season to have a chance at reaching the playoffs.

drew against Burton to blow all hopes

in the process managed very few minutes of good/dominant/effective football the rest being dire football that allowed us to be "outplayed by numerous teams" either below us in the league or have been outspent by us

relied on "defending an mass" and a talent who scores from little or no approach play.

So hands up all who want him in charge for next seasons attempt out of this league?

Bruce Out

My hand is up.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

Tried to be funny. Obviously I know your stance. 

I keep going back and forth myself, one week to another. If I read a sensible post regarding stability, progress, etc. l'm inclined to continue with him.  

On the other hand, a well motivated more critical viewpoint, just as easily gets me thinking we'd be better off with someone else at the helm.

Today I'm thinking stability is more important. But my god I wanna see us playing better.

• Like 1

Â