Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Exactly. There's a couple in here I've blocked. Not because I disagree with them, but they are posters who 1) can't debate and 2) aren't even willing to. It's just "THIS IS MY OPINION I THINK IT THEREFORE IT IS FACT EVEN WHEN ITS PROVEN NOT TO BE FACT FINGERS IN EARS NANANANA I CANT HEAR YOU"

The irony of this statement is that you and a few others are doing exactly that when I challenge your thinking 

All I'm hearing is... Bruce has promotions on his cv Bruce has promotions therefore he's a great manager and deserves 10 seasons to get it right 

In investing past results are not a guarantee of future returns.. In sales you are only as good as the current performance not the year before. 

I couldn't care less about his promotions quite frankly half of them were by the skin of his teeth anyhow 

This season he's as good as the league position and that's 15th. 

Losing 5 in a row against poor sides in the division.. Playing dire football.. Making no changes when losing games hoping for something to change or hoping to get lucky in a game... Doesn't do tactics 

You are ignoring all these recent realitys for us and this has all happened THIS season. 

I understand the logic of his promotions.. But quite frankly that's all you have to come at me with... I have a whole list of bad things is he's done just this season which warrants him losing his job 

Edited by JE-

14 minutes ago, JE- said:

All I'm hearing is... Bruce has promotions on his cv Bruce has promotions therefore he's a great manager and deserves 10 seasons to get it right 

Why am I not surprised you're hearing voices in your head that aren't in real life. 

• Like 1

Bfuce has had a window where we replaced the majority of the starting 11.

Hes has a number of montha at the club to engrain his tacyics and methods.

Come the end of the season if we still look clueless on the pitch, are still making silly errors, are still playing poor football and still making questionable subs there he should not keep the job because it should not be taking that long to drill players into a particular system.

I fully believe that one of our biggest issues is poor coaching. Especially given how our cms suddenly cant pick a pass when they could at previous clubs. You dont just lose the ability to make a 10 yard pass to a team mate - this is down to coaching and tactics.  Both of which i believe Bruce to be relatively poor at.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

How is that the case under Xia? We spent a lot of money last summer overhauling the squad. Results were poor and two months into the season we sacked the manager. Hardly accepting mediocrity.

We then employed the manager with the best CV going in terms of getting clubs promoted. A man with recent success. Again hardly accepting mediocrity.

In January we again made major changes to the squad bringing in some very highly rated players at this level. Again hardly accepting mediocrity.

The aim next season is promotion. To be one of the best three clubs in the division. This has clearly been stated. I am sure to help achieve that whilst I don’t expect many changes to the squad three or four changes will be made and whatever money needed will be spent.

On paper for me we already have one of the best squads in the division and with minimal changes over the summer I am confident it will be one good enough to achieve promotion. They will also be being managed by a man with a great record in terms of getting clubs promoted. As a collective they will have had the time together this season and a full pre season behind them

I see no accepting of mediocrity anywhere at the club. I see an ambitious, enthusiastic owner with it seems the means and where with it all to back it up. I see an experienced CEO, I see a highly qualified technical director, I see an experienced manager with a great record in terms of achieving our main aim at the moment and I see an excellent group of individual players for this level. What the club have, rightly in my opinion, decided is that it all needs a little longer than 5 months to come together, for a group of individuals to evolve into a team and that some stability at the club is the final key to success.

Spot on.

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

How is that the case under Xia? We spent a lot of money last summer overhauling the squad. Results were poor and two months into the season we sacked the manager. Hardly accepting mediocrity.

We then employed the manager with the best CV going in terms of getting clubs promoted. A man with recent success. Again hardly accepting mediocrity.

In January we again made major changes to the squad bringing in some very highly rated players at this level. Again hardly accepting mediocrity.

The aim next season is promotion. To be one of the best three clubs in the division. This has clearly been stated. I am sure to help achieve that whilst I don’t expect many changes to the squad three or four changes will be made and whatever money needed will be spent.

On paper for me we already have one of the best squads in the division and with minimal changes over the summer I am confident it will be one good enough to achieve promotion. They will also be being managed by a man with a great record in terms of getting clubs promoted. As a collective they will have had the time together this season and a full pre season behind them

I see no accepting of mediocrity anywhere at the club. I see an ambitious, enthusiastic owner with it seems the means and where with it all to back it up. I see an experienced CEO, I see a highly qualified technical director, I see an experienced manager with a great record in terms of achieving our main aim at the moment and I see an excellent group of individual players for this level. What the club have, rightly in my opinion, decided is that it all needs a little longer than 5 months to come together, for a group of individuals to evolve into a team and that some stability at the club is the final key to success.

This would be valid if Bruce suffered the same fate but he hasn't has he 

Rdm was sacked too early to prove either bad or good he at least shown signs of the ability to dominate sides.

We are now 15th when we used to be 4 points away from the play offs under the same manager and he is still here.. Hoping his promotions bear fruit when in reality our team looks just average at best on the field 

Other than just promotions can anyone provide any signs or evidence of him being right for us long term and short? 

There are managers every season which get promoted.. Norwich manager has 2 promotions to his name.. Big deal should we get him too? 

4 minutes ago, JE- said:

Norwich manager has 2 promotions to his name.. Big deal should we get him too? 

There you go again with your made up points.

He has one promotion from this league.

1 hour ago, JE- said:

More lies.

Nobody has said this.

• Like 2

To be fair the point you make are valid and he may not be the man to take us forward on the field, looking at the problems as a whole though it is obvious that there was serious problems with both the players and the coaching staff off the field, the Dr has said it was not just performances that got RDM the sack.

In my humble opinion SB was brought in not just to get us promoted but to sort out the rest of the crap that was bringing the club down using his experience, with this in mind I am prepared to give him time to get it right this season as we are not going up so it is the perfect chance to sort out tactics and the playing staff.

There are a number of players out of contract this summer or who will leave after enjoying loan spells so we will still be in transition in the summer.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There you go again with your made up points.

He has one promotion from this league.

I thought he had 2 from memory.. Either way he has been promoted like many other managers... 

Although Bruce had the largest transfer budget in the division made available to him,[135] Birmingham made a slow start to the 2006–07 season in the Championship and, after a 1–0 defeat at home to Norwich City, the team's fifth consecutive match without a win, there were calls from fans and local journalists for the manager to be sacked.[136][137] Bruce publicly accepted responsibility for the team's poor run and admitted that he feared for his job,[

Here is my other lie I said about bruce having funds before which people claim he did not on here.. Many others you can use too 

Just now, JE- said:

The 10 seasons is called exaggerating the point... Doesn't make it a lie it makes you stuffy and uptight 

Your defence for him is incredible you must have some shares in Steve Bruce limited or you are alex Bruce :)

You see, this answer of yours it what infuriates people so much. Your style of discourse is blinkered to such an extent that not only do you continue to stick to your inflexible and monotonously expressed point, but you also wrongly accuse others of doing exactly what you are doing.

You attract criticism not really for the substance of what you say, though that is also questionable, but rather the way you say it. Stevo and others have repeatedly stated that they remain undecided about Bruce, which is actually how we should all feel about every manager all of the time, not just Bruce or Do Matteo or Wagner, all of them.

This is the logical, sensible position to take where you see good and bad in everything. There is no absolute perfect answer in football or life and yet some, like you, insist that there is. You are wrong and it's your failure to see this which winds people up so much.

Continue doing so in a deliberate way and you may just find your freedom of speech curtailed. A little humility goes a long way in good debate.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JE- said:

I thought he had 2 from memory.. Either way he has been promoted like many other managers... 

He's been promoted once.

There's a big difference between doing it once and doing it 4 times.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You see, this answer of yours it what infuriates people so much. Your style of discourse is blinkered to such an extent that not only do you continue to stick to your inflexible and monotonously expressed point, but you also wrongly accuse others of doing exactly what you are doing.

You attract criticism not really for the substance of what you say, though that is also questionable, but rather the way you say it. Stevo and others have repeatedly stated that they remain undecided about Bruce, which is actually how we should all feel about every manager all of the time, not just Bruce or Do Matteo or Wagner, all of them.

This is the logical, sensible position to take where you see good and bad in everything. There is no absolute perfect answer in football or life and yet some, like you, insist that there is. You are wrong and it's your failure to see this which winds people up so much.

Continue doing so in a deliberate way and you may just find your freedom of speech curtailed. A little humility goes a long way in good debate.

You mean you don't commit to a proper opinion on Bruce so when he messes up you can slide off that other side of the fence and say hello he was crap see I was right all along.. Or if he gets us up you can come down on like  ton of bricks to folks who don't rate him and say the same thing? 

Sorry but this don't wash with me I see right through it 

It's clear as day by the responses I'm getting that Bruce is getting massive defence based on past glory rather than what he is actually achieving at villa which is a disgraceful league position playing disgraceful football 

I've asked the question twice now to disprove your point.. I'm happy to sit back and hear all the reason why Bruce is a good appointment if you take away talking about just promotions.. What other qualitys does the guy possess? 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean it literally does make it a lie, in so much as it isn't the truth.

The funny thing is, I'm actually not very defensive of Bruce. I'm happy for him to have the rest of this season because we're safe from relegation but I'm completely unsure whether he's the right man for next season. I'm unhappy with how we've performed on the whole since Christmas and I'm waiting for him to convince me that he can turn it round.

What I am defensive of is people spouting lies in any thread and using it as "evidence". It gets on my nerves. Unfortunately you are so adamantly against Bruce that you see anything other than total agreement that everything Bruce has ever done in his whole life is negative as some sort of unwavering support of the manager. 

Literally its not.. It's an exaggerated comment.. That's what it is 

If you have doubts about  Bruce I havent seen them recently.. So I can't comment all I can see is you completely backing him to the hilt to be honest 

Is it based on recent results.? Do you flip flop when he wins a game then loses? Seem it. I was skeptical from the start.. When he started he made me think maybe he isn't as bad as I feared.. Then he got his own way in Jan and screwed up our chances of getting out this league this season.. So it cemented my concerns and now he should be shown the exit door end of the season.. Next season will only be harder for us not easier.. He's proven he makes far too many mistakes these days.. Football has moved on and unfortunately for bruce he hasn't moved with it and never will.. Proven by his own words 'I'll always play 2 up top and that will never change' says it all even though the only success he's actually had is when we have had only one up top.. Incredible 

Edited by JE-

Â