Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's almost as if losing 1-0 at Oldham to a bloody Ian Olney goal had nothing to do with it eh?

I always thought those Bruce headers were against QPR too. shows what I know.

Maybe the Mrs is right after all

I was at that Oldham game & I lived in Manchester at the time. Had to take the train back to a city where every pub was full of Manure fans celebrating. What a shit day. 

Of course it's been nothing but joy ever since being a Villa fan :thumb:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's almost as if losing 1-0 at Oldham to a bloody Ian Olney goal had nothing to do with it eh?

I always thought those Bruce headers were against QPR too. shows what I know.

Maybe the Mrs is right after all

It was Nick Henry, I don't think I'll ever forget that name :angry:

Back in 1994 I was watching a Man United game on TV while doing my Paninni sticker book.

Just as I was putting in a sticker he scored a goal and had the temerity to celebrate resulting in my looking up momentarily distracted. 

The result, my sticker went outside the alloted lines. Not only that, it was a foil! The foil in question, the Villa badge!!!

I think this conclusively proves that Bruce is part of a Rothschild new world conspiracy that has dogged this club since the early 1900's. I therefore question his suitability to the managers job and his real motivations.

I demand justice! Bruce out!

Now, does anyone have any spare tin foil?

• Like 3

i think its been Bruces plan since birth.

Pip us to the title with ManUre

become Blues boss

now we are heading for the final phase

His plan is to use Gaby Westwood Gardner & Hutton in an attempt to come 6th scraping in on GD by 1 - last minute Goal from Gaby v Brighton

After two 0-0 draws in which Gaby misses 4sitters in each of the games, hutton scores the winning penalty after misses from Gardner & Westwood

We get to the final where Aly gives away a penalty after 3 mins along with a red card.

We are then humiliated by Dirty Leeds for 87 mins + injury time and lose 9-0

20 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Garde inherited a bottom-level squad in comparison to the rest of the league and wasn't backed. People had given up on him by December.

Bruce inherited numerous top level Championship players and it's my belief he isn't getting the best out of them - far from it. People are saying "give him a window".

They are totally different circumstances and for that reason it was probably a poor point on my point for bringing Garde into it. I just think Bruce is getting a bit of a pass at the moment.

We should be doing better - that's my opinion. There are four positions where the side does not have at least one top 5 player in that position: GK, RB, DM/CM. Amavi, Chester, Elphick, Jedinak, McCormack, Ayew, Grealish, Kodjia would walk into every other side in the league apart from Newcastle and maybe Elphick would struggle to get into a top six defence.

I liked Garde and thought he had a rough deal here, but he didnt put points on the board

It's your opinion the Bruce "should be doing better".......In 14 games he has delivered play-off form - only Newcastle, Brighton, Reading, Leeds and Derby have performed better points-wise. He's taken over an unbalanced, poorly-performing squad, low on confidence and immediately turned it around...how much better did you expect him to do?

As I've said before, I'm not a huge Bruce fan but I find it incredible that people can moan at what has been delivered so far.  The style of performances have not set my pulse racing and as time goes on there will be an increasing demand to improve that dramatically....but to say he should have done better to date is unfair and extremely harsh.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Really doesn't look like the man to stamp the rot out of our club, players still look lazy, still get the basics wrong, still absolutely no **** given

Can't keep changing managers. Bruce hasn't had a chance to buy his players yet.

I'm sure Bruce is the right man for the job

• Like 2

Â