This clown nonsense

Midfielder

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great film. Anyone read the book?

The first 2/3 of the book are brilliant, the final 1/3 is shocking though, ritual of chud my arse

when it goes into giant universe vomiting turtles you know he just got bored and started to take the piss

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I agree with OP.  It's a deliberate attempt to unsettle members of the public.  Regardless of how dangerous the individual intends to be, they are still trying to intimidate and put fear into people who are going about their business.  You'd think it's only a matter of time before they spook the wrong person and get the ever living shit kicked out of them.

So they are terrorists (by definition). We can round them all up and send them back where they came from.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

So they are terrorists (by definition). We can round them all up and send them back where they came from.

Chipperfields or Billy Smarts, presumably? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great film. Anyone read the book?

I have read most stephen king books. This is not one of my favorites but yes the clown thing is very reminiscent in terms of the imagery. 

This clown thing is yet another example of how modern life is rubbish. It really is just intimidation but masquerading that it's just a bit of fun. 

Also the kind o of thing which properly wierd people will latch on to. 

But seriously with all the amazing things people can spend their free time on this is what they do?  

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How do you expect a clown to take that seriously when you go and watch villa :)

That is my fix of horror. Don't need a Halloween clown in the mix too. 

Meant to add though it's a little off topic that my 2 favourite King books are actually a little off his normal style. The Talisman and The Stand,  the latter is my favourite book of all time. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

That is my fix of horror. Don't need a Halloween clown in the mix too. 

Meant to add though it's a little off topic that my 2 favourite King books are actually a little off his normal style. The Talisman and The Stand,  the latter is my favourite book of all time. 

I'm sure I've saw the stand on my grandads bookshelf, with you saying that I must read it.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hasn't thought that it's a marketing tool, even though you'd have to think they wouldn't actively try to scare people, as like the op states one of them is going to get an arse kicking soon from someone

Already seen a video on FB where some clown dressed dude is standing in a dark road holding balloons, two dudes get out of a car and give him a good tatering.

Could be fake but looked amusing enough.

Edited by rjw63
typo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm sure I've saw the stand on my grandads bookshelf, with you saying that I must read it.

It HAS to be the extended version. When originally published they made him leave loads of material out to make it sellable and hit a price point. 

He admits in the forward of the full version that he only released it purely for self gratification.  I couldn't imagine reading the abridged version now with a wealth of additional scenes and side stories missing. It is however a monster.... With no clowns. 

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Already seen a video on FB where some clown dressed dude is standing in a dark road holding balloons, two dudes get out of a car and give him a good tatering.

Could be fake but looked amusing enough.

Did he have a bluenose? If so fair play to them two geezers.

Â