The Apprentice 2016

andykeenan

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Er... no

I guarantee you he is probably one of the most remembered candidates ever on the show. If you ask fans I bet if you asked which candidates them remembered the most he would be up there. Like tone says the producers probably did encourage that kind of behavior from him.  

I do love how these guys all have the very un-British behaviour of bigging themselves up. You can imagine if one of them sold sweets to the neighbours as a 13 year old and one of those families were from Asia they'd now be saying that as a teenager that had an international confectionary business. They multiply a very minor and normal achievement by 1 million, and they seem to actually believe thet are incredible successes because of it.

These people are special breeds thats for sure.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

I do love how these guys all have the very un-British behaviour of bigging themselves up. You can imagine if one of them sold sweets to the neighbours as a 13 year old and one of those families were from Asia they'd now be saying that as a teenager that had an international confectionary business. They multiply a very minor and normal achievement by 1 million, and they seem to actually believe thet are incredible successes because of it.

These people are special breeds thats for sure.

it's just Big Brother with a slight bit of skill , I'm guessing if they filled it with 16 normal people it would be a bit dull   ... I seem to recall one of the failures one year did say that they have to play to the camera a lot and set themselves up for the fall  etc

What bugs me is the task last night , it's been running 11 years previously , even people in Yorkshire watching on a B&W TV must have seen at least one series by now and know how that task works , my son is 12 and probably could have completed that task ( we go to London all the time , even been to that shop in brick lane a few times  )   ... How can someone from London not know where SE2 is , that has to be a setup

I also guess they're not allowed to use google? Seems pretty odd some of the decisions they make. Last night was the first episode I've watched in a few years.

Like the X-Factor, there are people who still think its a talent show.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I guarantee you he is probably one of the most remembered candidates ever on the show. If you ask fans I bet if you asked which candidates them remembered the most he would be up there. Like tone says the producers probably did encourage that kind of behavior from him.  

I fail to see how him being remembered is relevant, I thought he was a tube.

On 11/11/2016 at 13:49, TrentVilla said:

I fail to see how him being remembered is relevant, I thought he was a tube.

He was definitely one of the more memorable characters throughout the years and precisely for the reason you state it was good entertainment value. Sugar obviously saw something in him when he binned off the attractive girl who hadn't really put a foot wrong the whole way through (Liz I think? Was engaged to the ex-Villa goalie).

I didn't know him very well personally but had friends who did, and had various interactions with him in the gym and the somewhat limited social scene the IOM has to offer. His personality on the show was definitely a notched-up version of the real guy but some of the things I've seen/heard led me to the conclusion his TV 'character' was never too far under the surface.

Still, a horrible way to go and I think he had a lot more to give.

This season is the first I've watched in a while, the 'Big K' is the main reason I keep on watching. Definitely reminds me of a few people I know at work!

• Like 1

Week 7

Lord Sugar instructs the candidates to tap into one of the UK's biggest markets - the boating and leisure industry. The task is simple - pick the right products and sell them at Poole Harbour Boat Show.

Probably the worst episode I have ever seen last night. He fires the two people that shouldn't have been fired. He fires Samuel, the only guy who hasn't got an ego, who sold the most for his team and has won a majority of the tasks I am done with this show for good now, its crap and isnt based on skill but if you have  a good or crap idea. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah I kind of expected him to say, "wiv regret, purely because you are black, you're fired".

I think I've commented every series that Sugar seems to fire the black guys at the first opportunity  ... but saying that I think a Black guy one the first series   ? I only really started watching around series 4

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I think I've commented every series that Sugar seems to fire the black guys at the first opportunity  ... but saying that I think a Black guy one the first series   ? I only really started watching around series 4

I am actually starting to think there maybe something in this. There was absolutely no reason to fire Samuel last night. It was absolutely ridiculous decision. 

Yes thats the only black person who has won it and if you look back there have been some talented black people he fired early on. Not many have made final four 

Week 8 

The candidates are summoned to the National Portrait Gallery, where Lord Sugar instructs them to organise an exclusive late-night event at two of London's biggest tourist attractions - the London Aquarium 

24 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Week 8 

The candidates are summoned to the National Portrait Gallery, where Lord Sugar instructs them to organise an exclusive late-night event at two of London's biggest tourist attractions - the London Aquarium 

Have to say after last week, i Have given up on this series. Its been utter shite and not based on talent 

On 11/18/2016 at 10:22, Demitri_C said:

Probably the worst episode I have ever seen last night. He fires the two people that shouldn't have been fired. He fires Samuel, the only guy who hasn't got an ego, who sold the most for his team and has won a majority of the tasks I am done with this show for good now, its crap and isnt based on skill but if you have  a good or crap idea. 

Karthik was not only the PM of the team that lost, he was the PM of arguably the worst performance of any team since the show started. He deserved to go just for that, not to mention the fact he was a bell-end and screwed up numerous times in previous tasks.

Samuel definitely has an ego, you could tell from that stupid grin he'd always have on his face whenever he was arguing with someone. He was smug and superior and had no reason to be either. He did sod all on the last task, being the highest seller in a team that sold about three things was no cause to spare him. He shirked the responsibility of being on the high-end items sales team twice by not putting up any kind of resistance to Karthik's decision-making. He also had a lucky escape by winning the task he was PM on despite the fact his whole crowd-funding acting thing was one of the worst, nonsensical things I've ever seen. Just because he won that task doesn't mean he performed well, and clearly Sugar and his aides have long memories.

Both deserved to go and wouldn't have lasted to the final week either way.

Edited by Ginko

Paul's loyalty to Sofiane might have cost him there as he got team tagged by the blubbering women , and sugar fell for it, otherwise I thank them mad babbling Manc was a  goner 

Paul had to go , aggression like that might work if you're Roy Keane playing CM for Man U but not in a business environment 

but the 2 women should have followed him out the door 

no strong candidates so far and this series has been a bit meh 

Grenadine or whatever her name is, is the strongest for me. I met Nick Hewer yesterday at a breakfast thing and he gave a pretty good insight into the apprentice. He made a good point about these people not being our brightest hopes but entertaining whilst learning something about business. They have to get the balance right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nick also said they tend to keep the more attractive people on the show for longer. It's pathetic show these days

they'll struggle this year , not one looker amongst them

• Like 1

Â