• Gestede (Westwood 45)
    • McCirmack (Grealish 45)
    • Amavi (Cissokho 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Bunn 4: Terrible keeper was terrible.

Mutton 5: Poor right-back was poor.

Cissokho 6: Average left-back, etc, etc.

Elphick 5: Judgment is poor. Baker deserves a run imo.

Chester 6: Has improved in the last few games but still gets dragged out of position too often, at the cost of our shape at the back.

Westwood 4: Poor performance compounded by an awful mistake.

Jedinak 4: Poor performance compounded by an even worse mistake for the first goal. Having someone with no legs as our only midfielder for 45 mins is bordering on the insane.

Jack 6: Not his best day at the office. Still have faith in his quality, but our offensive organisation and transitions from defense to attack need to improve sharpish.  

Adomah 6: Works hard off the ball and is a willing runner. See him more as a good option from the bench though.

Ayew 7: Only player committing/beating defenders and opening up space in the Preston half. Class above anyone else in the squad/league and I feel sorry for him. Worked very hard.

Kodjia 6: Good talent who needs quicker service. Kept taking too long to find him by which time he was bottled up. Goal questionably ruled out and won the pen.

Subs

Gestede 6: Tried hard and won a few headers in the Preston area.

McCormack 6: Needs to start. Missed the pen but brings more to the table creatively than some of our other attacking options.

Amavi 6: Only got 10-15 minutes. Should be starting for me. First half we only ever had 1/2 players ahead of the ball and Amavi is one who is capable of joining in. Suspect defensively, but this could be levelled at Cissokho recently too.

Officials 2: Gave a number of crazy decisions between them, and as awful as we played, we were hard done by on a number of occasions.

Di Matteo 2: Recurring theme of leaving a chasm of space in front of our back four to be attacked. No organisation going forward either and never enough players in attacking areas. 4-1-5 with the "1" being filled by Jedinak and his zimmerframe was bizarre and left us open to counter after counter.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, peterms said:

There's been so many changes since last season, we have to focus on the common factor between last year and this year, the thing that hasn't changed, because that must be the problem.

Nicky Keye, go now.  Just go.

Off topic but she is! To West Ham :-0

Got what we deserved, thoroughly outplayed

4-1-5 in the second half and I still think the penalty was our only shot on target, we probably only had another 2/3 shots off target

first for me today, never seen a ref give an offside that the Lino didn't before, mental decision that ill probably never see again, saw RDM moaning about it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

If you are happy to have a known bent bastard as manager then you have no morals. Shame on you!

Yup I take him in a hear beat. Hes clearly been successful while being a dick all along, its not like its just since England job he became a money loving son of a bitch

Allardyce coming in would be the final nail in our coffin.

We are not going up this time as far too much baggage still around mentally from last season. Sick of sacking managers. Let everything gel and accept that next season we will run away with it.

The game has already been covered by others. For anybody still reading that has previously posted 'I really don't get the hate for Westwood on here...' Well, there was your demonstration. If I had a gun, I would have shot him (a nerf gun, or a paintball gun obviously).

Some have commented on the support - can't fault the numbers at all. Great to be a part of that. But after the initial five minutes of songs including 'come to see the Villa,' I'm afraid Preston put paid to our support. It was quiet for long periods of that game. Understandable, but we aren't as good in the stands as we think we are either. Barnsley away was better imo. 

I'm as guilty of being deflated as anyone... Guilty of losing my temper and calling Westwood (and others) nasty names. Guilty of telling RDM he was getting sacked in the morning. It's all gone a bit de ja vu for me I'm afraid. And as upsetting as it all is, change is due. The worrying thing is, what is going to come next?

Hope everyone had a safe journey home - terrible what happened to that Rangers coach :(

Up the Villa eh? It's only football. 

• Like 1

Â