• Kodjia
    • Gestede (Westwood 45)
    • McCirmack (Grealish 45)
    • Amavi (Cissokho 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Xia signed RDM so bears the responsibility. Maybe Xia isn't the genius everyone thinks?

Everyone can make a mistake - I think he will be aware he has made a clanger and will need to change things to protect his investment .

Just now, Eastie said:

Everyone can make a mistake - I think he will be aware he has made a clanger and will need to change things to protect his investment .

A pretty constant refrain about Villa owners over many years

• Like 2

That was a performance that screams out that the chemistry is **** ..... it screams out a lack of belief in what the team are being sent out to do. You can't have that many proven players ALL playing that far below par unless they all collectively have lost faith, belief and confidence in the systems they are being asked to play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

I felt when we hired RDM that it would end like this, this guy acts like Pep but honestly Id take any of our previous managers over him, get Big Sam in as soon as possible

You lost me when you mentioned the name of that corrupt fat clearing in the woods.

As soon as I saw Hutton in the team I immediately shook my head and thought here we go again.

For me..... Ayew, Grealish, Elphick, Westwood and Jedinak all need dropping. Play anybody else instead of these useless ******* *****.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

It won't be long till someone gives us a good shoeing...

Fixed... Playing 2 in midfield sooner or later we are going to get spanked. 

• Like 1

On the train home now. Fans turned on RDM big time. Hard to disagree but I wouldn't blame (most of) the players.

This is the first time I've seen Jedinak properly, he was awful! I though he was supposed to be a rock in the middle?! The misplaced pass for their first goal was unforgivable. Having said that, I thought Gollini might have saved it. Why wasn't he playing, injured? Was surprised to see Bunn walk out with the team. He shouldn't be playing either, arguing with villa fans at one nil down, not what you want to see.

Then alongside Jedinak was Westwood. I've not really weighed in on the (lengthy) Westwood debate on here either way but my god he was awful today. Spent the whole first half hiding and then his first meaningful contribution was to dwell on the ball, lose it and give away their second goal. Why wasn't Tshibola starting?!

We came out second half looking better with the subs and Gestede probably should've scored with a header. I think we would've got something if that had gone in as their defence panicked with Rudy and RMC on the pitch. We never pushed on though. 

I'd like to give Ayew some praise as he didn't stop today, was getting lots of stick from people around me but I think he's clearly our best player and gave his all in a lost cause. Was also impressed by Kodjia, he deserved a goal today. Need to see the offside goal again as from where I was stood it looked like RMC was offside but Kodjia was on. Could be wrong though.

Adomah impressed me first half but went missing after HT. Gestede should probably be starting but not sure how to get him in the team. Same goes for RMC, should be starting but I wouldn't want to drop Ayew or Kodjia. Grealish didn't do much.

Defence was shaky at times but don't think we would've conceded if it wasn't for the mistakes in midfield. Can't play both Hutton and Cissokho, I'd still have Bacuna and Amavi as first two choices.

Ref was terrible, so many simple decisions given the wrong way. Great Villa support as usual, one third of the total attendance.

It's a shame we didn't have a Daniel Johnson in the middle today...

Special word for their number 4 who got man of the match in the ground and that word is removed.

TL;DR not good enough. He should probably go as we lack direction but not too enamoured with any of the potential replacements.

• Like 1

Those 2 goals stand up right be side some of our excellent work last season, joke of a performance.

RDM looks like he's losing/lost the players. How is it possible to muck up your tactics so thoroughly and consistently... some sort of special powers or he's got a great pay-off clause in his contract. 

Â