Next Villa Manager

Richard

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

1. Hiddink 2. Bielsa 3. Allardyce 4. Flores

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

So Allardyce then? None of the rest of those candidates would consider us.

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Guess it depends on how much cash they are offered. 

I think we know Allardyce will do anything for cash at this point ;) As I said, it's just not going to happen though. 

The rest of that list would require spending silly amounts of money even if they were interested, which they wouldn't be. We don't actually have infinite amounts of money. We're also in 17th or 18th place in the table, getting promoted this season is really not very likely. Spending a f-ton of money on a bling manager in the hope that they'll get promotion when it's already a fading hope is straight from the Peter Ridsdale school of football club ownership. 

3 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Dont dispute that , the worry is what happens when things arent going so well?

Who gives a shit if he played and managed the crap down the road, he's Villa and the short sighted amoungst us would do well to remember. 

Its a risk, he's not had a job with the pressure he'll have with us, but he's done really well upto now and he'd be my choice, good young manager.

Get him before Bournemouth go knocking to replace Howe when he links up with the national side.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

But why look at it in that context ?  And what difference if hew would have spent well, we've spent ?

I think you have to assess all managers in the context of the conditions in which they were working. Lambert, Sherwood, and Garde, and also McLeish were all working under the same conditions and Lambert outperformed the other three significantly in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Based on the fact that some people have no morals why settle for Sam Allardyce. Surely there are more corrupt guys out there somewhere in the world that we could have as managerial appointments. How about Michel Platini with Sepp Blater as his bitch!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I think you have to assess all managers in the context of the conditions in which they were working. Lambert, Sherwood, and Garde, and also McLeish were all working under the same conditions and Lambert outperformed the other three significantly in my opinion. 

Agree.  I couldn't see the relevance to if he was appointed now though.  But yes, if Lambert hadn't already been broken by having been here he would have been a decent choice.

16 minutes ago, CastleBromVilla said:

Who gives a shit if he played and managed the crap down the road, he's Villa and the short sighted amoungst us would do well to remember. 

Its a risk, he's not had a job with the pressure he'll have with us, but he's done really well upto now and he'd be my choice, good young manager.

Get him before Bournemouth go knocking to replace Howe when he links up with the national side.

Almost nothing in football is as daft as the idea of getting 'one of us'.  Has almost never worked anywhere.  And he would, if he came, be judged on his performances.  If they were poor his 'allegiance' would mean nothing.

My problem with him is that doing well with Blues means pretty much nothing.  And I don't mean out of some petty dislike of them , I don't suffer from that. (or benefit from it  whichever "!) - it is just a totally different kettle of fish in what was expected, what is regarded as progress, how teams play against them compared to us (which allows him a particular style) and the fact he hasn't had anyone promoted from this League yet.  

In fact I wonder if he wasn't 'Villa' would he figure on many lists ?

If RDM sack i will felt like we prone to un-mature for sack early for me yet he were wrong person to manager for villa from start, i am alway fans of Ralf Rasgnisk at moment he become manager so too late for it...

usefully website for see who is available manager. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

we should try :- André Villas-Boas as he left zenit last summer we offer him second-chance in low level might help him to re-track his career, and long term goal - champions leagues as Dr Xia wanted.

Marcelo Bielsa (were my first choice before RDM so still should go for him)
Rudi Garcia
Quique Sánchez Flores (Currently manager in Espanyol)
Frank Rijkaad

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think we know Allardyce will do anything for cash at this point ;) As I said, it's just not going to happen though. 

The rest of that list would require spending silly amounts of money even if they were interested, which they wouldn't be. We don't actually have infinite amounts of money. We're also in 17th or 18th place in the table, getting promoted this season is really not very likely. Spending a f-ton of money on a bling manager in the hope that they'll get promotion when it's already a fading hope is straight from the Peter Ridsdale school of football club ownership. 

I would rather us have spent a silly amount of money on a high quality manager than the money we spent on players this season with a lower quality manager. 

Ranieri at Leicester is a good example of a high quality manager doing extremely well with a squad that cost very little.

It's the first and most important piece of the puzzle to get right because every manager is going to have their own ideas about players.

Xia's first step wasn't the right one and now we are compromised to an extent because a new manager isn't going to agree with every choice RDM and his staff have made since they have been here and there has been a lot of them.

It isn't about bling, it's just hiring the best and most qualified person for the job. If that is a manager from League 2 who has all the necessary qualities then I'd be all for it. 

Edited by Michael118

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I would rather us have spent a silly amount of money on a high quality manager than the money we spent on players this season with a lower quality manager. 

Ranieri at Leicester is a good example of a high quality manager doing extremely well with a squad that cost very little.

It's the first and most important piece of the puzzle to get right because every manager is going to have their own ideas about players.

Xia's first step was not the right one and now we are compromised to an extent because a new manager isn't going to agree with every choice RDM and his staff have made since they have been here and there has been a lot of them.

It isn't about bling, it's just hiring the best and most qualified person for the job. If that is a manager from League 2 who has all the necessary qualities then I'd be all for it.

?  I may have misread but surely your first paragraph contradicts your last.

In the first you imply there is a link between how much you pay for one and quality

(Countless examples of high cost Managers acheiving naff all.  Capello for England  ? LVG at United ? To cite just one more recent example).

In your final paragraph you say its to d owith hiring the best person for the job - which of course, it is, (nothing to do with wages necessarily) and I'm sure that's what they tried to do first time !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

?  I may have misread but surely your first paragraph contradicts your last.

In the first you imply there is a link between how much you pay for one and quality

(Countless examples of high cost Managers acheiving naff all.  Capello for England  ? LVG at United ? To cite just one more recent example).

In your final paragraph you say its to d owith hiring the best person for the job - which of course, it is, (nothing to do with wages necessarily) and I'm sure that's what they tried to do first time !!

Sometimes there is a link and sometimes there isn't.  If it means spending big to bring in a manager who would be a good fit like Hiddink or Bielsa then I am in favour of it. It doesn't mean there isn't somebody who could be equally qualified with the necessary qualities in a lower league. I am just not aware of who that could be as I don't watch a lot of football outside of the Premier League. That said, any candidate from a lower league would have to be pretty impressive to equal what Hiddink or Bielsa would bring to the table.