Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

But Huddersfield might be in the Premiership by then too.

Changes very little IMV (although for what it's worth I doubt they will be...).  His statement was not predicated on Huddersfield being in any particular league :trollface: Just that he wouldn't leave them for a Championship club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Changes very little IMV (although for what it's worth I doubt they will be...).  His statement was not predicated on Huddersfield being in any particular league :trollface: Just that he wouldn't leave them for a Championship club.

By rights.. we belong in the premier league!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

By rights.. we belong in the premier league!

I think you will find we came 20th in the Premier League last year so "by rights" we belong in the championship and until we manage to get promotion we belong to stay there.  I think Bruce is our best chance at getting promoted but I think this season would be too much of an ask for anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I'm amazed people are actively against bringing in Steve Bruce.  I can understand people feeling uninspired by the potential appointment, or feeling that someone else may be a better fit/choice, but against Bruce?

Been there and done it for years at the exact level that Villa are at right now with relative success at the same time.  Promoted from the league we're in just last season with another recently relegated club.  The wrong choice?  Why?

A guy who in his own words 'doesnt really know much about tactics' says it all in my view. 

So what does he bring to the managerial role then?  Thats a genuine question by the way, motivation is all i can think of.

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

No. We earn our place, just like every other sporting team on the planet.

1 minute ago, mattyg38 said:

I think you will find we came 20th in the Premier League last year so "by rights" we belong in the championship and until we manage to get promotion we belong to stay there.  I think Bruce is our best chance at getting promoted but I think this season would be too much of an ask for anyone.

Sorry, just intended as a light hearted bit of humour.

Sorry if I touched a nerve!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

So Wagner said he wouldn't leave Huddersfield for another Championship club.  Simple.  Bring in Bruce.  Get promoted.  Go back for Wagner :trollface:

Again, Wagner didnt say that.  It was the chairman who said he said that.  Massive difference in my view.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

A guy who in his own words 'doesnt really know much about tactics' says it all in my view.

So what does he bring to the managerial role then?  Thats a genuine question by the way, motivation is all i can think of.

You're actually going to put his managerial record to one side, the promotions etc and just worry about a comment that might have been made?

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Again, Wagner didnt say that.  It was the chairman who said he said that.  Massive difference in my view.

Well OK but I'm working on the assumption that the chairman didn't make it all up, and that he had a conversation of that nature with him.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're actually going to put his managerial record to one side, the promotions etc and just worry about a comment that might have been made?

The comment was made at a press conference else he could have sued the Guardian.  Also he liked Eric Black as his number 2, does that mean we should bring him back based off them records?

Wagner went into Huddersfield last November but they've not seen the fruits of his labour until this season.  He had all last year to implement his ideas. Are Villa fans willing to write off this season? The attitude to RDM says not. I believe it was correct to sack RDM but I still think with a good manager we can salvage something from this season. We need to get up before the parachute payments run out or we could easily be one a Leeds. We all want the inspirational manager with a brilliant style of play but more than all that I want to be watching an Aston Villa team in 5 years not a shell of what we were. We need promotion ASAP. Let's take the safest option to get there.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm pro Bruce. Yes it's not a particularly inspiring appointment but what does that matter.

Same here. He's got a pretty good record of doing exactly what we want the next manager to do. I don't understand the backlash, is it because he didn't have small heath and Hull playing like Barcelona?

Just now, Genie said:

Same here. He's got a pretty good record of doing exactly what we want the next manager to do. I don't understand the backlash, is it because he didn't have small heath and Hull playing like Barcelona?

Maybe its because he looks like a potato.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What a ridiculous statement to make!

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Foolish, there will be one day where he will be begging to be Villa boss.

I think what he means Villa is out of his depth no matter what position we find ourselves in!

Us Villa fans no how to talk ourselves up don't we.  We're **** shite!

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

There is no backlash really. From what I can see the majority of fans are not excited by his appointment but think it's a sensible approach. 

• Like 1