Next Villa Manager

Richard

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Because its an opportunity to set a blueprint to how we could set up/play for the future.

I do get this argument. I just don't think Xia has the patience to hang around for years in the Championship or below experimenting with different managers to try and find the right formula to create a successful blueprint. You could get lucky and find the right manager straight away, or it could take 10 attempts, or you could become Leeds. His obvious goal is promotion, it's hard to see past Bruce with that in mind. Is it boring? Yes. Is it uninspiring? Yes. Would we have a good chance of getting promoted within 2 years? i'd say yes, definitely. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

With the boring football again I stress was the football good under RDM? Nope

Under Garde Nope

Under Sherwood for perhaps a few months then there was no tactics

Give me crap football winning games any day 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Because its an opportunity to set a blueprint to how we could set up/play for the future.

Haven't we just spent somewhere around the £50m on a bunch of "proven Championship" players to try and get us out of this league?  It's an outlay for immediate return, not to start building a legacy (especially when you look at the ages of most of our signings).

The future can wait for now.  Time for us to sort out the present.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Haven't we just spent somewhere around the £50m on a bunch of "proven Championship" players to try and get us out of this league?  It's an outlay for immediate return, not to start building a legacy (especially when you look at the ages of most of our signings).

The future can wait for now.  Time for us to sort out the present.

Exactly. Learning to walk again before running really. Potential relegation from the championship and people are talking about legacy. Let's get to a mid table position first yeah?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Villa fans currently have a pretty poor reputation amongst the football community, after reading this thread especially the reaction to Steve Bruce I have to say its mostly justified.

Most polls and opinions I have seen are in favour of Steve Bruce. As for the fans having a "pretty poor reputation amongst the football community" - surely that is a joke? Given the absolute crap we have endured over the last five years (and continuing), yet we sell out consistently for away games and top attendance charts. Amazing support.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Most the polls and opinions I have seen are in favour of Steve Bruce. As for the fans having a "pretty poor reputation amongst the football community" - surely that is a joke? Given the absolute crap we have endured over the last five years (and continuing), yet we sell out consistently for away games and top attendance charts. Amazing support.

The online football community who watch from the Sky lounge and spout crap on twatter

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Villa fans currently have a pretty poor reputation amongst the football community, after reading this thread especially the reaction to Steve Bruce I have to say its mostly justified.

Is that 33,000 that turn up to most home games ? - I would say thats the envy of most clubs who have 4 of there last 51 matches ?

1 hour ago, striker said:

This post for some reason has really annoyed me. So, so defeatist and exactly what is wrong with the Villa.

Villa are imo two decent midfielders away from being a very good team that, under the right manager (one who actually knows what he is doing and plays to the strengths of the squad rather than trying to fix square pegs into round holes) can still gain promotion this season.

If the new manager is indeed Bruce then he will not play a two in midfield and will certainly not over laden the team with forwards. That in itself will improve the balance of the Villa team plus make the Villa much harder to beat while still carrying a goal threat. Bruce will also be backed in January to improve the midfield.

Apart from Newcastle (who Villa have already drawn against) and maybe Norwich there is no other team in the Championship that should be a worry. Top six gets you a playoff spot in a very poor league.

Currently Villa are sitting in a false position due to more than a bit of bad luck (how many times have Villa hit the woodwork this season and conceded late in games) plus this season being under the stewardship of yet another inept manager, even worse than Lambert, Sherwood and Garde.

Sorry for the rant but with so many games to play yet with a better manager to come in who will be backed in January to improve an already decent squad I see no reason at all why Villa can't have a very strong second half of the season and at the very least gain a playoff spot. 

I take your points on board but I don't envisage us making the playoffs. We will see I suppose 

So Wagner said he wouldn't leave Huddersfield for another Championship club.  Simple.  Bring in Bruce.  Get promoted.  Go back for Wagner :trollface:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

This sort of comment really riles me. Because someone has the opinion that Bruce isn't the great manager that others do. They're a terrible fan, or an embarrassment. 

I've already gone over, some serious misgivings I have with the appointment. (None of which have anything to do with Birmingham City) 

I'm not sure why this makes me so bad. Just my honest opinion. Just as thinking he's the right appointment is, I assume, yours.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

In all fairness, the wider football community have happily forgotten about Villa who dirtied the foot of the premier league for about 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

So Wagner said he wouldn't leave Huddersfield for another Championship club.  Simple.  Bring in Bruce.  Get promoted.  Go back for Wagner :trollface:

But Huddersfield might be in the Premiership by then too.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

So Wagner said he wouldn't leave Huddersfield for another Championship club.

Foolish, there will be one day where he will be begging to be Villa boss.

I think what he means Villa is out of his depth no matter what position we find ourselves in!