Next Villa Manager

Richard

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pointless appointment that is just of pure desperation!!   No to Bruce

Im with you here, Surely Hodgson would make far better sense? ...and hes free too!

Ill get behind him of course, but its far too short termist for my liking.

• Like 1

Where as Roberto Manchini on the other hand is only a convincing 52 years old and would be a suitable appointment!

Before anyone wants to slate for me Manchini and off my head..

Newcastle appointed a Champions league winning manager when relegated.. don't tell me for one second he stayed for the love of the club in that league.. 

Fat Ashley would have thrown ££££'s at him to stay!

Like I said last week.. Money talks!

• Like 1

And if it is a bargain basement manager we appoint then as far as I am concerned the club can **** right off.

We will only be here again after xmas looking for another change if he don't hit the ground running and the manager merry go round will go on..

I fear it may even be Nov 5th we start looking for another manager if it is Bruce we appoint and does not get 15pts minimum from the first 5 games!

This next appointment is a massive massive one to get right. It is certainly all eyes on Mr Xia to see who he can suprise us with.

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Give him a few months in the job and he'll be stress eating again. 

Oh yeah for sure, Come round here with with your new image and all that positivity and chirpiness! 

We'l soon beat that out of you son.

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pointless appointment that is just of pure desperation!!   No to Bruce

Really? The guy gets teams promoted. I know it's dull and uninspiring, but we need a manager who knows the Championship, Bruce has a track record of knowing the Championship and has got worse sides than us promoted tbh. If he manages to sneak in the playoffs at this stage I think he would have done a fantastic job. 

Edited by PieFacE

Its not really Tonys choice though, the board are bringing him a list.

If that list is Bruce and Clarke he would be stark raving mad to go with the later.

However its the board that needs looking at if that is the extent of their ambitions!

I can just picture Mancini in the interview now.. Tony standing on his desk rocking out to AC/DC.

Dr Tony: "Come on, come on, loooooove me for the money! Come on, come on, liiiiiisten to the money talk"

*Throws notes at Mancini*

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

Poor manager, on the decline, short term when we need long term, does not guarantee promotion this season despite what some are saying. In fact I'm not sure anyone would get promotion this season, I never expected it at all and in that case it is even less reason to go for Bruce as we need someone to build us up. He is not that man. 

The only thing that people who are desperate for him to come here say is we need to get out of the league preferably this season and then we should get rid. Even they recognise he is not long term and we should get rid as soon as we get up. Well if we are not going up this season anyway then its even less of a reason to go for him.

Then when you factor in the fact that one of the things that has killed us is going through more managers than points and that we need the right manager to build its hardly the right thing to look for another short term manager 

I stopped reading after on the decline. A manager who has just been promoted from the championship at his last club is on the decline... right.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Its not really Tonys choice though, the board are bringing him a list.

If that list is Bruce and Clarke he would be stark raving mad to go with the later.

However its the board that needs looking at if that is the extent of their ambitions!

Maybe the people around Tony are advising him that trying to take the approach teams like Southampton,Watford, West Ham and Leicester have done is the easiest way out of the Championship and not get relegated from the Premier League. Bring in a manager who will get you promoted, give them a season in the Premier League to stabalise and get a 17th-13th place finish, sack that manager and push on.

It's hard to find a Eddie Howe. Risky game for a club in our position.

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Im with you here, Surely Hodgson would make far better sense? ...and hes free too!

Hodgson couldn't do anything with a bunch of the countries finest. 

Whats he gonna do with a bunch of cockwombles?

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We just had one and he **** it up!

H doesn't really though, does he? He got a relatively unchanged relegated West Brom team promoted. Hardly the same experience Bruce has, to be fair. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Maybe the people around Tony are advising him that trying to take the approach teams like Southampton,Watford, West Ham and Leicester have done is the easiest way out of the Championship and not get relegated from the Premier League. Bring in a manager who will get you promoted, give them a season in the Premier League to stabalise and get a 17th-13th place finish, sack that manager and push on.

It's hard to find a Eddie Howe. Risky game for a club in our position.

Yes but its not impossible to find a manager that can get this team promoted who isnt guaranteed to get us off to a bad start sould we go up

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can just picture Mancini in the interview now.. Tony standing on his desk rocking out to AC/DC.

Dr Tony: "Come on, come on, loooooove me for the money! Come on, come on, liiiiiisten to the money talk"

*Throws notes at Mancini*

Could have been worse.. could be Gang'nam style he blasted out while busting the moves off round an empty Villa Park stadium!!   Whoop, Whoop..

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yes but its not impossible to find a manager that can get this team promoted who isnt guaranteed to get us off to a bad start sould we go up

Aye it's not impossible, but it's a damn sight more of a gamble than Bruce though, isn't it?

If we do manage to get promoted within the next 2 years then all Bruce has to do is survive in the Premier League. At that point you bring in a better manager and I'm sure Xia will throw more cash at it. 

Trying to find a manager who can see out the whole of Xia's ambitions from the position we're in now is just a bit pie in the sky I think. You might get lucky, but there's far more chance of that approach going tits up imo. 

With the way we've been in decline over the past few years we need building blocks. We need a manager to come in and lay some foundations down. Make us a bit more solid at the back and then go forward. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2